Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm convinced there is an issue with Renewal and Elemental enhancement viral regarding bleedout or lack thereof

RottedApples

Today the sortie had an Elemental Enemy Enhancement: Viral in it and since it was a survival I just ran my oberon like I do in basically 90% of the missions i do now a days because I love oberon. During the mission I observer that one of my allies died without any bleedout timer. I asked and he confirmed this. I also noticed my kavat died without a bleedout timer later in the mission. This was not the first time I'd seen this bug. A while back not too long after the oberon rework happened there was a sortie defense with this same elemental enhancement and I ran oberon with this as well. Same thing happened a few times to me and my allies. It also happened to the operative which caused us to instantly fail the mission because he had no bleedout timer. My build has rage on it so I keep renewal up basically 100% of the time.

The reason I'm convinced that this is specifically a combination with renewal and the elemental enhancement viral is for a few reasons.

A. I haven't had this issue with other elemental enhancements besides viral while I was still running oberon.

B. I was watching a stream today and I paid attention to his second sortie and didn't notice anyone dying without bleedout and there was no oberon on his team.

C. I play oberon like all the time with this build of keeping renewal up 100% of the time and I never see this problem unless I'm in this specific kind of sortie.

I've noticed it doesn't always happen when people go down, just once in a while. I'm not 100% sure if these things actually have a correlation and that's why this bug is happening but I think it worth jumping into a game and dying a bunch to see if it's oberon related, renewal related, or just a problem with viral. It's possible it might happen without elemental enhancement or with different ones but i never see it elsewhere.

There is an illusive 3+ year old glitch death of doom, which occurs as you describe, sudden death of player and or their companion without any bleed out. In every case I've seen it, viral damage and healing frames are involved. It appears to happen more often with clients than hosts but can still occur solo.

Not sure if this is associated with the bug where if you get viral procced when at 2 hp due to the use of Quick Thinking, you will die/enter_bleedout regardless of how much energy you have in reserve but I can confirm the glitch death of doom isn't limited to Quick Thinking use.

I just realized i put this in the wrong forum, this should be in bug reports. If a mod or someone could move this that would be great.

And yes this all seems to be in line with the issues i was seeing. These deaths have occurred while other people are still alive so I know it isn't that we were dead so he died too, that kind of thing.