Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Revisit: Master of Elements

(PSN)crashtester17

This is my personal preference for a Chroma revisit. 

If there are any ideas that anyone would like to add please feel free to critique and add any suggestions.  

1st ability: Spectral scream now has guaranteed procs and Chroma can now cycle through his elements like Vauban can cycle through his grenades or Ivara her quiver. Changing what element spectral scream is will change Chroma's element upon cast. Casting spectral scream on allies will make them do the selected element damage in addition to what they already do.

2nd ability: Elemental ward's Toxin effect now adds melee swing speed in addition to its reload and weapon swap speed. Fire ward will now provide health regeneration in addition to increased health pool. Ice and Electric ward will remain the same. 

3rd ability: Vex armor's timer can be refreshed so that bonuses can be kept instead of having to build them up again and again.

4th ability: Effigy will change from a toggle to a duration ability to match the duration if not last longer than vex armor and elemental ward. It will draw enemy fire away from Chroma for it's duration provided chroma remains within a reasonable distance. Effigy will store the damage taken and then upon timer ending or ability being prematurely ended it will create an explosive elemental pulse depending on what element the Effigy is. 

Synergy: Changing Chroma's element with spectral scream will not change the element of effigy until it returns and is recast. Using spectral scream ON effigy will alter the damage that effigy does. For example, casting effigy while being an ice Chroma and then casting a toxic spectral scream on the effigy will make it do viral damage. This will not make Chroma a viral Chroma.

Passive: Energy color determines what element you start a mission as and you have status proc immunity according to Chroma's selected element. Example, use toxic spectral scream and you're immune to toxin procs while you're toxin chroma. 

Edited by (PS4)crashtester17

imo:

1) spectral scream is now a quiver like thing.  letting you cycle between elements.  and you hold the ability down to channel the breath attack. It now takes some mods from your primary weapon to help with the damage.

2) elemental ward should be recastable before the duration runs out.  Fire ward should be changed to HP regen.  but not an increase of max health.  I agree on toxin.

3) I agree on vex armor.

4) I feel like effigy is fine as is.

As for a new passive I was just thinking that he should "resist" procs.  Both by how often he can be procced.  and how long it lasts.  Dragons are known in lore for being rather strong defense wise as well.  This would even work on enemy auras.  It sounds boring but it's useful and fits the theme.

I like your idea for Chroma's passive Knight. It does fit his theme. And having elemental ward refreshable is good too.  

My only problems with his spectral scream are what would happen if you have elemental mods? Would it just add on? Like if you had viral and heat and you used ice breath, would the damage become viral, heat and ice or would the ice just add on to the viral damage? And would effigy's breath attacks also use the primary mods?

Also, I suggested the changes to effigy because most chroma players have two builds for him. Build one mostly uses his second and third ability while build two mostly uses his fourth ability. By changing effigy to a duration ability players could have one build that could use all his powers and be rewarded for it rather then modding for one or two powers and barely touch the the others.  

I like the ideas though.

On 7/15/2017 at 5:33 AM, (PS4)GhostJTDR said:

Fire ward is too OP.

health regen + Rage would means near god mod...

If you think that is god mode, let me tell you about wukong and Inaros.

Wukong might be the last true immortal frame even more so than valkyr who is energy reliant. Build for energy, duration, and power strength and make sure you have a rage mod on. His defy ability is a toggle that drains energy. If he is every downed, instead he gains back his hp and is immortal for several seconds. The entire time rage can be proc'd. So they only realistic way he can die is if he is surrounded by energy vamp eximus or is inside a nulifier bubble.

Inaros with just a max vitality can reach about 4.6k HP. 1 set of arcane grace has a 6% chance of regening 4% of your max HP each second for 6 seconds. Almost a quarter of your HP. That is over 180 health per second. A second set of arcane grace will also do the same, leading up to the possibility of regening almost half your entire HP over 6 seconds or over 360 HP per second. Oh, and lets not forget about negation swarm, aka NO status effects.

Yeah, not meaning to call you out, but you have yet to see anything near god mode if you think just health regen + rage is broken. Maybe if it was on the same level of Inaros + arcane grace where Chroma would regen 300-400 HP every second.

This would make Chroma into a literal beast. But I feel like freely cycling elements and having status immunity is a little too strong. There should be a limiting factor there like not having any abilities active to change or perhaps Effigy has to be out and you cast on it to change your element or something else, and having (X%) resistance would be fairer.

Taking a second look at the passive I can see that full status immunity even to just one element at a time is a bit much. And I like where you're going with the effigy idea. What if whenever you cast effigy you also will end elemental ward (and it could either end or stick to the effigy). Then while you are using effigy you can't cast elemental ward on yourself but you'll be able to freely change you element and still use vex armor.

Vex Armor - Making it simply be refreshable (at least if you can keep your current buildup) sounds a bit too... easy? I'd rather that it was refreshable at any point, but doing so sets all bonuses to zero. However...

Spectral Scream - How about letting damage done by Spectral Scream regenerate Chroma's shields? This lets him prepare for Vex Armor much more easily.

Effigy - Rather than doing combined elements, let Spectral Scream simply set the Effigy's element (so it it is currently Toxic, but you blast it with a Cold Spectral Scream, the Effigy turns into a Cold Effigy).
Further, to give further reason for Effigy to exist, let Vex Armor be linked between Chroma and the Effigy; If Chroma gains Scorn, so does the Effigy (and vice versa). If the Effigy gains Fury, so does Chroma. This really gives you a reason to use it repeatedly and helps with building up Vex Armor as well, without it being too easy either.

I hear what you're saying with the vex armor, but maybe an alternative to losing your buildup on recast could be recasting costs more energy than the initial cast. For example, if you recast vex armor after it has been activated it will cost 100% more energy. But, it will cost less additional energy as the timer goes down to a minimum of a 20-25% additional energy cost. Casting again when you do not have sufficient energy will end the power prematurely. 

As for the additions to spectral scream, they sound like a nice addition to their functionality. I'm not opposed to the idea of spectral scream just changing effigy to one of the single elements. But I still personally prefer the idea of having a viral or corrosive effigy.

And the changes for having effigy linked to chroma through vex armor sound really cool. I like how it gives more of a reason to use his powers together.

On 7/15/2017 at 5:33 AM, (PS4)GhostJTDR said:

Fire ward is too OP.

health regen + Rage would means near god mod...

rage only gives him engery for damage taken and im sorry but 50 minutes in when lv 120 rolls out let me know how thats working for you here is a hint you wont think its god mode anymore cause one shot one kill

Edited by leojst