Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Origins?

Sithalo

Im guessing that Mesa was just another found and experimented on frame by Mutalist Alad V. but its come to my attention that some think he created her.

Evidence for him creating her are:

Her colors look infested

her face mask is disuniform like infested designs

her guns look of corpus design.

Alad says hes been experimenting to make a mutalist warframe, this could go either way as he could mean experimenting on or he could mean creating.

Evidence for her being found are:
Lotus tells us to put it out of its misery, if it wasnt a true warframe she would likley have held much more disgust or distaste for it and called it an abomination or a warframe proxy or something

its unlikely the corpus have the technology needed to create warframes, even if alad got some inside info from the infestation, its unlikely their ships have the equipment and tools needed to actually craft a warframe or else you would think they would have done it by now instead of making all the robotic proxies. why make ambulas when you can make proxy warframes

Warframes are unable to be infested and Alad uses a collar to control her, if it was really something he created like a proxy u would think he wouldnt need the collar although this could technically go either way as well.

is there anything in the dev streams where they talked about here where they ever said weather or not she was created or just experimented on? i mean ik devstream isnt lore lore but. it could go either way but to me it seems there is way way more evidence leaning towards her just being found and experimented on. it would be very strange for his first warframe to be a cowgirl instead of something like nidus considering the mission. id have expected something like nidus or something more franken-esque looking like its stitched together from different warframe parts.

although ik u dont always find fitting frames in fitting ways it just seems really unlikely that he actually created mesa instead of just found her. but i cant find any evidence that really says otherwise. strongest evidence that he didnt is lotus and the misery thing.

Just now, Sithalo said:

but its come to my attention that some think he created her.

Yes, it's come to your attention that some people are not very good at thinking.

Just now, Sithalo said:

Her colors look infested

Irrelevant. Now we even have an infested warframe. Infestation is part of the process of creating a Warframe. The fact that her colours "look infested" (which I don't even see that much) is as informative as saying that a wall has the colour of brick.

Just now, Sithalo said:

her face mask is disuniform like infested designs

It's a blindfold. Also, irrelevant for the same reason as before.

Just now, Sithalo said:

her guns look of corpus design.

No, they don't.

Just now, Sithalo said:

Alad says hes been experimenting to make a mutalist warframe, this could go either way as he could mean experimenting on or he could mean creating.

Alad has not create Valkyr, nor has he created Mesa. He mutilated Valkyr and he put an infested biomass inside of Mesa as a substitute for the Tenno. Nothing more.

Just now, Sithalo said:

Lotus tells us to put it out of its misery, if it wasnt a true warframe she would likley have held much more disgust or distaste for it and called it an abomination or a warframe proxy or something

Correct.

Just now, Sithalo said:

its unlikely the corpus have the technology needed to create warframes

Correct.

Just now, Sithalo said:

Warframes are unable to be infested and Alad uses a collar to control her, if it was really something he created like a proxy u would think he wouldnt need the collar although this could technically go either way as well.

A good point. Also, the same collar is shown to control other Warframes, creating an obvious analogy between Mesa and Tenno-operated suits.

Just now, Sithalo said:

is there anything in the dev streams where they talked about

No, to the best of my memory, the devs never wasted much breath on such an obvious question with an equally obvious answer.

5 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

No, to the best of my memory, the devs never wasted much breath on such an obvious question with an equally obvious answer.

i just meant like if they ever said anything along the lines of something like "so alad has found this warframe and hes been experimenting on it" uk like random talking about it not that they felt the need to try to answer a question or anything. but thanks for most of that

Mesa Prime was desgined by Ballas as the Orokin and the Sentients fought in the Old War.

Our regular Mesa is just the Tenno reverse engineered version of that. Just like all Warframes.

All Warframes are made out of Infested flesh (technocyte) and metal, that's why we're resistant.