Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Man in the wall ... possible identity!

main_antagonist

Just gonna leave this here as a note that warframes (at least excal) predate the Ten Zero

"A mysterious relic predating tp orokin empire "

Note, this is official DE content (not tennogen) taken directly from the descriptions of the proto excal and proto glaive skins (which, like the freyarch and gersemi skins for oberon amd valkyr, respectively, are described as deluxe skins for the objects in question) thus it can safely be assumed the descriptions listed on them are cannon regarding lore. It also supports the argument that warframes existed before the orokin, let alone the VOID-jump (not rift walk, sorry) catastrophe.

What? The "Man in the Wall" is Rell. Specifically, a hallucination that his subconscious created to explain the dissociated, void-corrupted part of his fractured mind (the "wall" being the veil between normal space and the void). Margulis tried to protect the rest of us by sealing off part of our minds. The same thing started to happen to us after Teshin reversed the process and reestablished our full connection to our own void-touched minds. Time will tell what the nature of the void really is, and what form our own man or woman in the wall will ultimately take.

Funny that this oddly specific event happened to all of us individually, but that's MMO logic for you. We are, each and all, the hero.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03.08.2017 at 10:40 PM, MathiasAdemar said:

Just gonna leave this here as a note that warframes (at least excal) predate the Ten Zero

"A mysterious relic predating tp orokin empire "

Note, this is official DE content (not tennogen) taken directly from the descriptions of the proto excal and proto glaive skins (which, like the freyarch and gersemi skins for oberon amd valkyr, respectively, are described as deluxe skins for the objects in question) thus it can safely be assumed the descriptions listed on them are cannon regarding lore. It also supports the argument that warframes existed before the orokin, let alone the VOID-jump (not rift walk, sorry) catastrophe.

Have you played <<Dark Sector>> ? Or have you heard anything about it?  :nerd:

limbo, nope...the other guy...could be, but no in mind, possible someone exited out the ship, just one male adult must went out because of something either he went mental insane hate stay in close room.  I am just saying there could be tons mental people on the ship, but possible might not have alot.  The only way to think of is the man in the wall could be some adult is fighting another adult somewhere on the dock or some sort close to the exit and this guy must be throwing either adults or kids into the void that why Reil was trying defend whatever trying get into the dark space.  Think as in another sentients from all this.  I may not on the spot, but its progress in guessing in theories.  It is possibe some sort of adult must of exiling people on the ship and send them to void expousure because the food shortage, maybe this adult was trying defend all the kids before he die on his last breath that is why quote on quote "you own me kiddo".  Lots dark things as we are adults, even the darkest thing what adults do to the children, its is dispiteful what we adults do to children of many way and during that time, and we won't speak about it ever.

Rell is different, his voice goes two for one, 1 when players enter the chamber rell is, he came out as in adult voice, and when rell appeared he has childish voice.  Remember this there could be others in the void and could be lost in transferces.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

I'll tell you who is on the other side of the Void.
It's the UMBRA! 

Rell has kept them back for all this time. Prevented them from entering our universe. Now they will cross the multi-verse and seek our destruction. The Sentient are not our only enemies. Our greatest enemy is our self.

5 minutes ago, JavCobra said:

I'll tell you who is on the other side of the Void.
It's the UMBRA! 

Rell has kept them back for all this time. Prevented them from entering our universe. Now they will cross the multi-verse and seek our destruction. The Sentient are not our only enemies. Our greatest enemy is our self.

Nope, umbra is another units team like orokin, accept its sperate team.  Orokin made different teams for the tennos, the head leading or known as the strongest is the prime warframe, umbra is the exact same thing as prime accept different stats because it discuss on wiki for the warframe,  So think as another general warframe.  The officers can't rank up until it pass what is greater then the officers.

On 16/7/2017 at 11:18 PM, main_antagonist said:

Lore confirm that I'm wrong I'll wait :P Just find me a spot on the timeline when Limbo was made that dismisses my coverup theory when the Orokin were trying to understand the void more and building warframes to travel to all plains/dimensions of it.

Why would organic flesh belong to the Void?

That wouldn't make any sense

11 minutes ago, Hecro said:

Why would organic flesh belong to the Void?

That wouldn't make any sense

+1

correct for that one, it could be what we call atoms not in organic flesh.  It is possible for atoms for people part of their atoms being sperated from body, they could be still alive and not dead for particles of atoms in sci-fictions they will say stuff make it more fanast-ized like-ish in mind, so keep this in mind fanastize (as in fanasty of imagination in mind to make it up to be look more sci-fic) what we could do if void exposure could do a human (like thous comic books heroes that how they got their power) either they turn into atoms or either just bloop got the power stuff.

Not sure how much of this has been said before. Thread is too long to go through with a fine-tooth comb.

Limbo's operator couldn't be the Man in the Wall. The warframes were built after the Zariman accident, as noted in the Excalibur codex entry: "We took the twisted few that had returned from [the Void]. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction... Excalibur was the first." The development of warframes and transference likely happened over a long period of time and utilised technology and concepts designed earlier, as implied in Second Dream dialogue (Ballas' conversations with another individual after Margulis' death, Lotus describing the development of transference) and Rhino Prime codex entry (proto-warframes clearly having been designed without the Zariman children in mind); however, the Excalibur codex entry makes clear their full-fledged and final designs were only realised with the Tenno. We know from Rell's comic that the Man in the Wall was around during the Zariman incident, so he predates Limbo's development. While The Silver Grove does demonstrate that mundane humans can utilise transference in a limited capacity, not once do we hear mention of a non-Tenno using warframe powers (the unknown nature of the Stalker and his acolytes notwithstanding). As far as we know, warframe powers are powered by the Void energies only Tenno possess. A mundane human using transference on a warframe can probably only walk around, and perhaps use its augmented combat capabilities (bullet jumping, etc).

Also – and I'm surprised no one's mentioned this yet – Rell describes the Man in the Wall as "old as stars". This makes it unlikely that he's secretly Ballas, or our father, or Limbo's old operator, or anyone we know. I believe the Man in the Wall is some sort of primordial entity in the Void, a theory supported by Occam's Razor.

Edited by GrayArchon
edited Excalibur codex quote for clarity