Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Defense Target Downed State

Calvyr

My biggest beef with the sortie defense missions is the fact that there is no indication when the Operative goes down, short of looking at his health bar. We get no audio cue that he's been downed, and there isn't even a HUD indicator to tell you where the heck he is in order to revive him. Could there at least be a HUD icon that pops up to tell us that the Operative is down and where we can find him to revive him, like we get with teammates?

I'm wondering the same thing. I failed the mission twice because the operative just silently laid down and died. Every other time I've done sortie defense missions, when the operative goes down, he plays a little video window saying he's hurt and needs help and there is a bleedout timer over his head so you can find him.

12 hours ago, Calvyr said:

I played it today and had no indicators when the Operative went down.

5 hours ago, Mack_42 said:

I'm wondering the same thing. I failed the mission twice because the operative just silently laid down and died. Every other time I've done sortie defense missions, when the operative goes down, he plays a little video window saying he's hurt and needs help and there is a bleedout timer over his head so you can find him.

I think this is a bug. Last time I had one of them go down, he gave some stupid voice lines. But I do agree that we need a hud indicator in the worst way.

6 hours ago, EliteStrike1 said:

I actually like this on sorties, they are supposed to be difficult & I think this adds an extra element to the game play.

The sortie defence is already more difficult because the Operative moves around, sometimes very erratically. I don't mind if we don't get punched in the face with the fact that he's down, but it can be almost impossible to find him in the mess of ground effects laid down by Hyekka Masters, Napalms, other players, etc. We get two indicators showing us where he is when he's active (three if someone marks him), why wouldn't we get one when he goes down and is in the most danger?

I think it's bugged, or maybe it only shows up for the host or something. I've had it happen in sorties where he pipes up, and I've had it happen where they didn't. I don't know what triggers the difference.