Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cronus question

WarKittah

Question

Greetings All,

Load out: MR 3,  Excal (30), Braton (23), Lex (19), Dual Zoren (30), Taxon (30).  I just pick up the cronus on Tolstoj killing Vor, 1st run, 1st time, (didn't even know it was there until the end mission screen), is this worth building to use in general (very low costs), or would it only be of use to farm MR points and then toss?

Side note: I am very surprised at how well the Lex works once you get used to the recoil.  I'm using Hornet Strike (3/10), No Return (2/5), Pistol Gambit, Razor Shot, Slip Mag (1/5), will have to get 4 more points max out Slip Mag to get semi decent mag size for it, Puncture is 243.4, 98% 1 shot, 1 kill.  I use this more than the Braton unless overwhelmed then its Slash n' dash time!

Thanks for any help!

War Kittah

7 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, WarKittah said:

Greetings All,

Load out: MR 3,  Excal (30), Braton (23), Lex (19), Dual Zoren (30), Taxon (30).  I just pick up the cronus on Tolstoj killing Vor, 1st run, 1st time, (didn't even know it was there until the end mission screen), is this worth building to use in general (very low costs), or would it only be of use to farm MR points and then toss?

Side note: I am very surprised at how well the Lex works once you get used to the recoil.  I'm using Hornet Strike (3/10), No Return (2/5), Pistol Gambit, Razor Shot, Slip Mag (1/5), will have to get 4 more points max out Slip Mag to get semi decent mag size for it, Puncture is 243.4, 98% 1 shot, 1 kill.  I use this more than the Braton unless overwhelmed then its Slash n' dash time!

Thanks for any help!

War Kittah

Dual Zoren are far better than Cronus. Build it now, max it, then sell it.

Note: The Cronus BP is supposedly harder to get the higher your MR, so don't get rid of the BP.

Cronus itself is a very low-tier weapon, with mediocre stats and no special effects. However, it is a dagger, and can be equipped with the dagger-exclusive mod covert lethality. It gives any single dagger(not dual daggers) extra damage, but most importantly, it makes any finisher attack lethal.

But, considering you can equip said mod on ANY single dagger, that doesn't make the cronus special. Also, the usefulness of finishers may be limited until you expand your loadout to other weapons, warframes and mods that help you get finishers. So it's likely you'd be better off crafting cronus, levelling it for the mastery, and tossing it to free up weapon slots, which I'm sure are quite valuable to you at the moment.

As for the rest of your loadout: lex is a pretty good weapon if you're into / are good at using high recoil low fire rate weapons. You can upgrade it to an aklex(iirc there's not much point in doing this, because I'm pretty sure that actually INCREASES the recoil), but there's also a Lex Prime that you may still be able to find in fissure missions. It's one of the most popular pistols in the game at the moment, and for good reason. You'll need mastery rank 5 to craft it, but if you're enjoying lex, I'd reccomend picking that up.

Braton is.... pretty meh. I'm not going to say that it's trash, because its primed version is OK, but you can do better. At this point, my advice is to look at primaries that seem interesting and try them out.

6 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

Cronus itself is a very low-tier weapon, with mediocre stats and no special effects. However, it is a dagger, and can be equipped with the dagger-exclusive mod covert lethality. It gives any single dagger(not dual daggers) extra damage, but most importantly, it makes any finisher attack lethal.

You're confusing the Cronus longsword with the Ceramic Dagger there buddy.  I know they look a lot alike, but they're totally different,