Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Rush is needing an adjustment

(PSN)Kal-Gura

I got to the Phobos mission Archwing rush the other day and nearly threw my controller at the TV. Just to point out I'm not an immature person. I was just THAT frustrated with the mission. It was nigh impossible when you randomly get stuck on everything that juts out past a metre. I swiftly removed myself from my chair after a couple of hours of pure glee running through missions and kicking butt, as my rage was building to a point that could only be equalled by a hypothetical situation where someone takes a dump on my car. Pure...fury... Why oh why is this so ridiculously hard!? Why are the mechanics so frustrating!? Why after about 10 attempts I finally get to the bloody shuttles to find only 1 remaining and then, oh guess what, I have to shoot the bleeding tiny floating shield things that are like aiming for a drone on steroids!? Wtf DE!? Fix this already! I swear if I come across another one of these missions I might just s#*t myself with uninhibited rage.

Edited by (PS4)Kal-Gura

Well I'm going to shamelessly plug a video I made on what I consider to be the problems with the AW movement system. After the revamp I made this demonstrating and discussing the problems I experienced, exemplified in an AW rush mission. None of these things have been addressed since then (all this was in the AW megathread). There isn't anything wrong with the rush mission itself, and I doubt you spent hours trying to clear it, I'm sure after a few tries you'd have started to pick up on some tricks that can be used in fast AW motion. Anyway, maybe this will bring these problems to the forefront for DE again, since plains of eidolon will have more archwing feature.s

Edited by TaylorsContraction

Yes, it's not exactly endearing to the game when you encounter that one. I had to get a clan mate to help me when I first got there because your base archwing isn't getting it done very easily and others joining the run are few and far between. It's one of the handful of early game encounters that's rage inducing enough that quitting isn't out of the question. The time should definitely be increased considering that a lot of new players end up there solo.

5 hours ago, True_Naeblis said:

Yes, it's not exactly endearing to the game when you encounter that one. I had to get a clan mate to help me when I first got there because your base archwing isn't getting it done very easily and others joining the run are few and far between. It's one of the handful of early game encounters that's rage inducing enough that quitting isn't out of the question. The time should definitely be increased considering that a lot of new players end up there solo.

Exactly my problem. I got there after soloing my way through the game. Well apart from a couple of missions but I mostly did it solo. I have since passed this missions after managing to destroy 1 shuttle but man it was like I hit a wall. It defo needs tof be adjusted. 

5 hours ago, True_Naeblis said:

It took me 2 hours. Yes I have passed it but it was silly that it gave you such a short amount of time for this first encounter of a rush mission.

Well, it's not just the first encounter of a Rush mission. It's also the last one, as there is only the single Rush mission in the entire game. There's also only a single Pursuit mission, and only a single Archwing Sabotage, and again only a lone Archwing Interception. Exterminate and Mobile defense each get a whopping two missions for Archwing, though! though both Exterminates are extremely low level...

its certainly not helped by the fact that 6 degrees of movement isn't actually 6 degrees - if you turn upside down, you cant fly UP.  (ie the map is correctly oriented, your warframe APPEARS to be correctly oriented but its actually upside down so trying to look up and you can't.) 

Don't know if my description makes any sense but its particularly obvious on JV for example when trying to fly up through vent after breaking infested barrier for example.