Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

They all talk too much.

.Zel

Basically i would love a skip button on anything that involves in game characters speaking in any quest/mission, or just a total mute. Harrow Quest, wouldn't allow me to skip parts with that woman talking or the operator fight part where Harrow or Rel speaks(idk which one was speaking).

Reason: Many single player games have "skip" scene option as there are people who do not enjoy cutscenes or just don't care about the story and just want to play the game. Same thing for me in warframe, i do quests to get the rewards locked behind them and i want to get it done as quickly as possible. If i cared about the story or want to know stuff i can just look up some video on YT or watch some of StallorD's vids for info. 

I'm sure DE puts a lot of effort into the story and i'm sure many out there appreciates it, but i am just asking for the "Option" to be able to skip. Doesn't mean i hate DE or don't appreciate their hard work, i just want the "Option" to be able to skip, that is all.

Edited by .Zel
added reason

25 minutes ago, .Zel said:

Basically i would love a skip button on anything that involves in game characters speaking in any quest/mission, or just a total mute. Harrow Quest, wouldn't allow me to skip parts with that woman talking or the operator fight part where Harrow or Rel speaks(idk which one was speaking).

You could always play with no sound, or unplug those AWFUL THINGS called headphones if it bugs you so much. Not much purpose in playing a Quest if a good chunk of effort is poured into audial storytelling, you're just denouncing the work of several people about one of the most purposeful parts of any game. 
Jeez.

If you don't like the transmissions, don't play the quest. Or at least don't come complaining about something so trivial to people who can't do anything about it.
I too wish there were downvotes.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

12 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

Why do a quest if you're going to skip the parts with information? You know, like peoples names, for example.

19 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

You could always play with no sound, or unplug those AWFUL THINGS called headphones if it bugs you so much. Not much purpose in playing a Quest if a good chunk of effort is poured into audial storytelling, you're just denouncing the work of several people about one of the most purposeful parts of any game. 
Jeez.

If you don't like the transmissions, don't play the quest. Or at least don't come complaining about something so trivial to people who can't do anything about it.
I too wish there were downvotes.

you do realize frames are locked behind quests.

And people boost off in Conclave without actually playing Conclave for the rewards, so why can't i do that in PvE :^)

Edited by .Zel

I honestly don't know why DE should even bother making content  anymore. 

Think of it as a tradeoff.  You want the frame? Either purchase from the market or play the quest. 

Edited by Kjahla81

6 minutes ago, .Zel said:

you do realize frames are locked behind quests.

And people boost off in Conclave without actually playing Conclave for the rewards, so why can't i do that in PvE :^)

Just because people can boost off of each other in Conclave doesn't mean anything relevant here.
If you want to play without Transmissions in game (since you appear to be 'that' kind of player.), there is a Transmissions Volume slider in the in-game Audio Options you can set to 0 if you so desire.

I'd advise in the future however, instead of battering something you don't like and making a fuss, ask if there is a way you can turn it off/disable it.
Enjoy your no voice transmissions.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Just because people can boost off of each other in Conclave doesn't mean anything relevant here.
If you want to play without Transmissions in game (since you appear to be 'that' kind of player.), there is a Transmissions Volume slider in the in-game Audio Options you can set to 0 if you so desire.

I'd advise in the future however, instead of asking for DE to change something you just don't like. Ask if there is a way you can turn it off/disable it.

it still wastes time cause they will go through their animation, hence the option to skip. What is so wrong with skipping scenes? even single player games have that option.

Just now, .Zel said:

it still wastes time cause they will go through their animation, hence the option to skip. What is so wrong with skipping scenes? even single player games have that option.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to skip the cutscenes. I don't know what these people are so upset about. I don't see why the option isn't there either.

Not everyone enjoys the story or even things it's good and that's okay. No need to be rude about their opinion.

1 minute ago, .Zel said:

dont like it? buy the frame. its pretty petty to complain about having to wait a minute or two in a game that forces you to wait upwards of 3 days to craft a new frame.

3 minutes ago, .Zel said:

That's because most transmissions or scenes that do that are in the form of Cinematic cutscenes. And you cannot do that at all in this game as far as I know.
Are you not referring to the transmissions that pop up on the left edge of your screen, and you're instead referring to FULL-BLOWN cinematics?

I see where you're coming from, but no. There is no option to skip those. They are hard coded in the Quests for a reason, for you to listen to. No reason you can't skip them though. It just isn't a function in the game yet.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

That's because most transmissions or scenes that do that are in the form of Cinematic cutscenes. And you cannot do that at all in this game as far as I know.
Are you not referring to the transmissions that pop up on the left edge of your screen, and you're instead referring to FULL-BLOWN cinematics?

I see where you're coming from, but no. There is no option to skip those. They are hard coded in the Quests for a reason, for you to listen to.
*sigh*

I don't even know why I try. :facepalm:

.......did you even read....i specifically mentioned the "Harrow Quest" and the cutscene in that one, not the transmission dammit.

Just now, .Zel said:

.......did you even read....i specifically mentioned the "Harrow Quest" and the cutscene in that one, not the transmission dammit.

I understand now, and I see your point of view. It isn't a thing in Warframe at the moment, but I don't see why they can't add them.
I just don't see the value in skipping something that the devs put so much heart and soul into, for the second or third time around sure... but the first?

I've said my piece. And you've said yours.
No reason to keep talking now.

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

There is nothing wrong with wanting to skip the cutscenes. I don't know what these people are so upset about. I don't see why the option isn't there either.

Not everyone enjoys the story or even things it's good and that's okay. No need to be rude about their opinion.

That people don't even know the names of the characters they don't want to hear is why -I- responded the way -I- did, can't speak for the others. Buy the frame if the "effort" of watching a cutscene meant to tell you something is so terribly difficult to get through.

As an aside, I can understand this in missions everyone does a thousand times. Quests you do once, unless you CHOOSE to do them again.

12 minutes ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

dont like it? buy the frame. its pretty petty to complain about having to wait a minute or two in a game that forces you to wait upwards of 3 days to craft a new frame.

there's a difference in that, I can wait for the frames to build without being in the game. They will be building in the foundry, as for the quest, i want to get it done as fast as possible to get the bp's. Not everyone wants to go around buying stuff and that's why we play the game, problem for me is that i do not prefer sitting and watching character speak or do stuff right in the middle instead of playing.

9 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

That people don't even know the names of the characters they don't want to hear is why -I- responded the way -I- did, can't speak for the others. Buy the frame if the "effort" of watching a cutscene meant to tell you something is so terribly difficult to get through.

As an aside, I can understand this in missions everyone does a thousand times. Quests you do once, unless you CHOOSE to do them again.

sorry, i'll update the post to be more detailed why it's an issue for me and i'm sure there are others like that.

1 minute ago, .Zel said:

there's a difference in that, I can wait for the frames to build without being in the game. They will be building in the foundry, as for the quest, i want to get it done as fast as possible to get the bp's. Not everyone wants to go around buying stuff and that's why we play the game, problem for me is that i do not prefer sitting and watching character speak or do stuff right in the middle instead of playing.

sorry, i'll update the post to be more detailed why it's an issue for me and i'm sure there are others like that.

So they should waste time adding features for people who don't pay attention to their work anyway.

Just now, Zanchak said:

So they should waste time adding features for people who don't pay attention to their work anyway.

I don't care about the story or who did what or how Lotus was born or how the universe came to be, i just wanna get the new frame or wep and get it over with. People are different and as mentioned earlier by JSharpie.

22 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

^^people have different preference. doesn't mean we don't appreciate DE's hard work, we still do spend money on the game even tho we can go by not doing so. Just asking for an option, alright?

21 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

The point is quality of life. I personally don't much like the writing, it is indeed a waste of time if you don't like the story. Adding an option to skip them isn't a big deal. And your "buy the frame blah blah" is such a garbage argument. "Spend money or suffer through something you don't like and adds nothing to gameplay to get to the content

2 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

The point is quality of life. I personally don't much like the writing, it is indeed a waste of time if you don't like the story. Adding an option to skip them isn't a big deal. And your "buy the frame blah blah" is such a garbage argument. "Spend money or suffer through something you don't like and adds nothing to gameplay to get to the content

It pays for peoples work, so its not really a garbage arguement for optional content.

15 minutes ago, .Zel said:

I don't care about the story or who did what or how Lotus was born or how the universe came to be, i just wanna get the new frame or wep and get it over with.

You'd complain about 3 or so minute "cut scenes" because they're getting in the way of you getting something new, and yet you don't complain about build times... 

5tLa6OB.png

I can sympathize with your points, and other points made by others. DE works hard on the quests they create, and they'll want you to experience it at least once. If you could skip cut scenes in the Second Dream (I know there are players who could care less about the story, but with how DE is taking the game, being able to skip quests like the Second Dream or the War Within the first time 'round, what's the point of DE developing them in the first place if the main thing is about story), you'd basically just be playing the game, and not be experiencing the quest.

Might as well be playing Destiny, after that 60 bucks plus paid expansions of course.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

1 minute ago, Zanchak said:

It pays for peoples work, so its not really a garbage arguement for optional content.

Don't get me wrong, i do spend money on the game, more than i would like to and i kinda need to as i don't get the time to play as much. Simply for that reason i'm sure not just me but others also run out of plats, if we do not have time to even play PvE as much then how can we have time to farm plat?

An option is available to to either buy the frame or do the quest to get it, ok personally since "i" do not enjoy the cutscenes and there is no option to skip, i would have to spend plat as it's the only other way, but say i don't have plat at that moment and gotta wait for my pay cause i'm sure as hell not dipping into savings(for emergency) for something in a game or just a game. I would have to do the quest, but the problem is i can't do the quest as fast i can for the rewards simply cause o well full of cutscenes. This is where the problem comes, and it's not gonna cost them a whole week or a thousand bucks to simply include a "skip" option. It's a simple QoL addition, nothing more.

Different people, different situation, different preference. <-- just try to understand this part.