Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma advice please help

(PSN)Cole_557

Question

5 answers to this question

You can build Chroma for his 2nd, 3th and 4th skill... because 1st skill simply sucks. I'll update this answer later at home, add my builds.

Basically if you want your Ward only for your self and don't use augment for it, you can shrink his range as much as you want because Vex and Effigy don't use range at all.

Either Vex and Ward need duration and strength, Effigy need duration, strength and efficiency if you want your pelt to as a turret, you can use Effigy's augment but it's not necessary.

/edit

I added my personal builds:

Spoiler

ALeMvcg.jpg

^ Above my Guided Effigy build. Fun play.

DI7VJGo.jpg

^ Here is my Guardian build with Everlasting Ward.

uePiwOQ.jpg

^ And this is my first and my personal best build for Chroma. Without any augments, strong build with good efficiency.

Edited by THeMooN85

I doubt any serious build would use his 1st ability.

His 4th ability is still mostly for farming Credits. It halves his eHP to use so it's usually not worth the CC.

Power Range has no affect on his 4th ability and very little on his 1st so the biggest difference would be Efficiency for channeling. You don't even really need range for his Ward, you can just use Everlasting Ward and touch other players.

4 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

You can build Chroma for his 2nd, 3th and 4th skill... because 1st skill simply sucks. I'll update this answer later at home.

According to the Warframe wikia, Chroma's 1st Ability, Spectral Scream, can do a maximum of 698 damage per second.

To put that into perspective, a Braton with a max rank Hellfire and rank 6 Serration outputs about 720 burst dps, and has a much longer range and does not consume energy while providing heat damage alongside it. Furthermore, it can be buffed by Chroma's Elemental Ward (toxin) and by Vex Armor's Fury (buffs weapon damage)

I think that's why people think it's useless, it does too little damage and consumes too much energy to be effective.