The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's better, valky or inaros?

Lukas3292Pl

Question

Hello,  this is my first question on this forum and i ask your,  players,  who's better for survival and playing maiy melee?  Inaros or Valkyr Prime with build for her second ability?  For now i have only valkyr prime and i want to buy sands of inaros in this friday from baroo. 

Who's better tank? 

And i have the second question. I for now have 9mr and i can't have galatine prime and i want to have hirudo and venka prime,  what melee is better?  Hirudo or venka prime? 

14 answers to this question

If you have blood rush+body count and a claw stance then venka prime is fantastic and you'll be hitting redcrits in seconds. I never got on with hirudo, but then again I think sparring stances are horrible.

Inaros is arguably tankier up to a point and he provides better CC, but at a certain point *cough*sortiekeladethaym*coughcough* things will start 1-shotting him and invincibility is the only way to tank.

Depends on how long you plan to go and whether or not you'll be abusing Naramon's Shadow Step. If you're going to at least an hour survival in like Mot and you aren't going to be using Naramon, then go Inaros so that you can reliably CC. If you're going to be using Naramon, then bring Valkyr as her Warcry will give more damage.

As for who's better at tank, Inaros is more naturally tanky and has better ways to recover his health other than Life Strike as well as more CC, since Desiccation has a longer range and shorter cast time than Valk's Paralysis. The problem with Inaros though, is at a certain point, he's prone to getting one shot, especially against Corpus Detron Crewmen or Corpus Techs. At that point, either Naramon Shadow Step or Valkyr Hysteria is absolutely required.

Strictly damage wise, Venka Prime is better because it's Slash-based and has decent status chance to stack statuses. If you plan on staying in Valkyr's Hysteria for the entire mission, however, you can take whichever as long as your mods are all good.

Edited by Xionyde134

13 minutes ago, Lukas3292Pl said:

Who's better tank?

Both are very good. Try Inaros and choose the one that is more fun for you. Also while you already have Valk, try max range Prolonged Paralysis build :)

13 minutes ago, Lukas3292Pl said:

Hirudo or venka prime?

Again - why not try both and see? Every weapon will let you clear sortie if you mod it good enough. Choose the ones YOU enjoy the most, not what WE enjoy :)

inaros plays better in a group but my personal preference is valkyr.

when using inaros i advise a dagger with covert leathality as his 1 opens enemies to stealth finishers.

while hidaru can heal you i don't like how the attack combos work so i would go with venka prime.

Inaros:

• slower
  • more chill
  • (arguably) harder to kill, but always taking damage
  • debuffs enemies

Valkyr:

• faster
  • less chill
  • (arguably) easier to kill, but has periods of invincibility
  • buffs allies

Try both, pick one if you have to, play both if you like. I play and enjoy both, and both can work for all the game's content. I choose one or the other depending on the mission type and the mood I'm in.

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Deflinek said:

Both are very good. Try Inaros and choose the one that is more fun for you. Also while you already have Valk, try max range Prolonged Paralysis build :)

Again - why not try both and see? Every weapon will let you clear sortie if you mod it good enough. Choose the ones YOU enjoy the most, not what WE enjoy :)

I tomorrow get hirudo from workshop,  to venka prime i need gloves,  i drop it for 4 days and i can't drop tgis with my friends

If youre going to play valk then there is no need for the hirudo because her ult has a lifesteal. If youre going to use inaros id probably use the hirudo so he can gain health without using his ability. IMO id go with valk with venka prime with body count and blood rush with naramon's shadow step because it will prevent her from being seen and one shoted on solo high levels and it doesnt require an ability unless you want high attack speed or cc paralysis.