The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Is Now Dull , And Not Rewarding Enough . Get A Squad For A Far More Easy Game.

Parias-Ilota

If you start saying stuff like this the "hardcores" will start telling you : "OMG SATURN IS SO HARD! .... well, uh, don't go there?"

It's valid for both sides :O

Except I (or, well, newbies) don't have that option, because we need Nano Spores and Plastids from Saturn. There is literally no other place to get Nano Spores and Plastids (except from EVEN HIGHER level areas!).

Hardcores can easily never touch anything lower than Neptune because they already have their stuff, and most stuff drops from Neptune to Pluto. Hardcores get all of their endgame rewards from the High-Level Defense missions, and from Void 3.

There is NOTHING a Hardcore NEEDS from Earth, Venus, Mercury. The only exception is Jupiter, because Jupiter has Neural Sensors. But seriously? Making Jupiter too easy for Hardcores is worse than allowing Newbies to do Jupiter reasonably without requiring a group? Really?

Edited by Xylia

Can we get a tl;dr version?

tl;dr : he mad

lol i am joking but I agree with this topic, but being harsh with the issue wont help, I also agree with the suggestions , a more rewarding prize is always welcomed, I havent changed my ash since i got him and i am planning to keep playing him, but since U9 I think things are changing ... not everybody is omg 1 hit AOE OP

Kill a Lv90 Heavy Gunner in Void 3 and a Serration drops? Wouldn't it be awesome if it were a Rank5-6 Serration instead of Rank0?

You out yo got damn mind.  Even if we were to get mods higher thank rank 0, a rank 3 mod is still the fusion power of 16 mods.  That is more than enough of a reward.  Rank 5 or 6? That's just nonsense.

You out yo got damn mind.  Even if we were to get mods higher thank rank 0, a rank 3 mod is still the fusion power of 16 mods.  That is more than enough of a reward.  Rank 5 or 6? That's just nonsense.

Lv90 gunners are kinda nonsense too. *shrug*

But whatever, even rank3 would be nice.

It was June 6th, 1944 and I decided to invade Normandy by myself...

"WTF?!? There's like 10,000 dudes here, this isn't a challenge, this is FAKE challenge...

... I totally almost ran out of ammo taking out that machine gun bunker, it's like those bags of sand were soaking up my bullets like some sort of crazy OP sponge, why oh why didn't I take the 50 cal instead of the 22?..

... Dropping bombs from airplanes? Like that's fair. At least I could hear 'em coming, but the mine field wasn't even clearly marked. 

C'mon, they should have known I was coming by myself, with sub-par gear and attempted to meet me with an appropriately sized response.

I'm gonna totally rage-quit if this doesn't change."

"WTF?!? There's like 10,000 dudes here, this isn't a challenge, this is FAKE challenge...

... I totally almost ran out of ammo taking out that machine gun bunker, it's like those bags of sand were soaking up my bullets like some sort of crazy OP sponge, why oh why didn't I take the 50 cal instead of the 22?..

... Dropping bombs from airplanes? Like that's fair. At least I could hear 'em coming, but the mine field wasn't even clearly marked. 

C'mon, they should have known I was coming by myself, with sub-par gear and attempted to meet me with an appropriately sized response.

Having a heavy gunner fall out of the air and spawn on my head on one mission and another had 2 heavy napalm units spawn 1 foot in front of me isn't exactly something I can plan for or should be expecting. That is one about my only gripe is the spawn system can be insane and it shouldn't drop NPC on top of players. My other issue is defense mission have no cover and only work as intended verse the idiotic faction of the infested because they do not snipe the target.

I do not agree or disagree with the OP topic the idea that the game is messed up is still valid.

Edited by LazyKnight

khem... you seem to have forgotten that:

a) Tenno are supposed to be ninjas - the enemies should not know that an assassin is coming, so no preparedness, no stationing 9121435143 mooks on a ship, for an off chance of an assassin dropping by for tea and biscuits.

b) these are localized raid/rescue/etc. missions, and while i can understand a rescue mission having extra mooks, there still are too much. were not taking on the whole grineer army, each mission.

c) Normandy wasn`t stormed by 4 guys so your comparison fades to dust. it was approx 156`000 allied soldiers versus approx 10`000 nazis. by doing simple math, we see that nazis were outnumbered 16-to-1. by your comparison, we should get maybe a single grineer per 3-4 rooms of a mission.

d) casuality rate: allies 8-10% to axis 60-90%. having been grossly outnumbered the axis forces still took a lot of allied men with them to the grave. for every axis soldier dead, there were 2-4 allied soldiers dead.

e) nazis used tactics and were prepared, and didnt plainly rush ahead, so even being grossly outnumbered they managed to deal some damage.

from this we get that if the grineer had tactics, AND were prepared for your attack, they wouldn`t need so much guys, since you`re the one who`s outnumbered. lessen the number of grineer troops, and increase the quality of each troop. there you`ll have no fake challenge.

end of fact recount.

Edit: if the grineer had tactics and didn`t know about you coming, they should still be able to put up a decent defense, even if the attact is a clear surprise for them. only rason you should have no challenge taking out unlimited number of dudes - stealth kill everything. or sneak by as an invisible loki. seeing people post stuff like "I took out 700 grineer/corpus/infested on a defense mission" only proves to me that if the enemies employed tactics, they would not need such numbers... since plain numbers don`t cut it against space-ninja-badass-kill squad...

Let me say it one more time: more numbers provide only FAKE CHALLENGE. you require no skill, no brain capacity and nothing that would be even remotely difficult to let through your cerebral synapses...

Edited by Psychotoxin

being a solo player really is not that hard just max out your mods weapons and warframes and your good to go being a decent or good player also helps iv been soloing the game since closed beta began so don't march in here and tell people like me that its impossible when its not and no i am not a hardcore player with no life i am just a veteran player who knows how to play the game

being a solo player really is not that hard just max out your mods weapons and warframes and your good to go being a decent or good player also helps iv been soloing the game since closed beta began so don't march in here and tell people like me that its impossible when its not and no i am not a hardcore player with no life i am just a veteran player who knows how to play the game

Do you solo defense too?

I have no problem soloing. I do not think that the title is accurate, because with the right stuff Soloing is still as easy as ever.

However I do think, as many do, the difficulty is too high now. I still think they need two different difficulties that can be switched on and off - Hard Mode and Normal Mods. Hard Mode works as the game does now, with the more difficult enemies of higher level and random Nightmare Mode Missions. Normal Mode works as it did before without any Nightmare Mode Missions.

the problem with the difficulty is not the game but the zerg swarms of new players who are not used to stuff we veteran players and closed testers are and if veteran players are complaining then they ether suck or don't know how to play the game right if your stuff in modded right and leveled then you can solo just about anything don't rush into stuff make sure you are prepared other wise you have on reason to complain

um thats kinda not feasible for some new people. just think about what you said, you just told new players who can barely fit ONE mod in, to max out there weapons and mods... solo as it is right now is to hard for new people joining the game and needs to be toned down.

I'm pretty sure that if yahtzee where to review this game he would call it bollucks because of the difficulty for solo missions starting at earth's last few missions and going out.

the problem with the difficulty is not the game but the zerg swarms of new players who are not used to stuff we veteran players and closed testers are and if veteran players are complaining then they ether suck or don't know how to play the game right if your stuff in modded right and leveled then you can solo just about anything don't rush into stuff make sure you are prepared other wise you have on reason to complain

I as a semi-veteran feel kinda insulted that there is a "correct way to play the game, and if you don`t roflstomp every being in the solar system into oblivion, you`re not playing it right." i rarely take my level 30 guns out to missions. i keep my kunai as a fall-back if my unleveled gun is A) too weak or b) out of ammo. and i do like the nightmare mode, that provides some semblence of a challenge. but as soon as you trigger the alarm you get these swarms of mooks, and reseting the time/health is laughably easy. or rather - it almost never drops, since you do indeed roflstomp everything.

Didn't even bother to read title was enough

If you can't handle it then you probably need to learn to play

It's easy enough as it is

If you can't handle the game with a 800/800 frame which clears a room with either his oneshot weapon of choice or his oneshot ability of choice

you shouldn't bother

I love how you hit like 5 things he says about the common warframe poster. Hint, being cool guy lrn2ply isnt gonna make people like you.

And the problem Is simply this, as in all of warframe. DE is allergenic to scaling content. The missions do not scale in difficulty from solo to group. So in order to make something actually a tad bit challenging for four players they have to take away the ability of a new/mid tier player to solo it.

I myself can solo everything but a high tier defense mission to wave 15+. BUt some of them require very specific frames and load outs. Like Frost with Energy Syphon for Corpus Defense. And im also sitting at rank 11 with Acrid, Supra, Torrid Hek and Ogris max formad and 4 frames (vauban,frost,rhino and Ash) max formad. Only mods im not maxed in is serration (because im not a closed beta player) and hornets strike. So id wager I have the gear to handle things solo. Most players are not as fortunate as I am in the gear/mod department.

As soon as DE litterally learns to program scaling content this will be a serious issue.

Edited by WARLOCKE

And the problem Is simply this, as in all of warframe. DE is allergenic to scaling content. The missions do not scale in difficulty from solo to group. So in order to make something actually a tad bit challenging for four players they have to take away the ability of a new/mid tier player to solo it.

I myself can solo everything but a high tier defense mission to wave 15+. BUt some of them require very specific frames and load outs. Like Frost with Energy Syphon for Corpus Defense. 

As soon as DE litterally learns to program scaling content this will be a serious issue.

What do you mean by a serious issue Warlocke? Please elaborate, I don't understand how it would be an issue.

Newbies need a good gentle curve climb up to the more challenging stuff. Right now, it is a small curve and then a huge leap up a cliff.

*snip*

and discovered the Orthos is build-able with Mercury/Venus resources

Very true the first, but the second? Orthos is a Mastery 2 weapon, so no, you can't really do it if you're still on the original frame and weapons as you're very unlikely to be past mastery 1.

Until DE removes the Solo option, I refuse to believe that Solo should not be a viable option for anyone, whether hardcore or casual, whatever the F that means.

Also, seriously, the game isn't scaling?  As someone whose never partied with anyone, you mean to tell me that the Infested Mobile Defense mission I ran a couple days ago would have been the same with a four man team on Online or Private?  Seriously?

*Is kinda impressed that his Casual Self could do it in a Reactor upgraded Excalibur then.  Maybe it's not something most of you would be, but for him, this is kinda big thing.  322 kills with two deaths and successfully ran the mission, with naught but Kunai, a Strun and low level Orthos.*

Nagisawa of clan Arisawa

Until DE removes the Solo option, I refuse to believe that Solo should not be a viable option for anyone, whether hardcore or casual, whatever the F that means.

Also, seriously, the game isn't scaling?  As someone whose never partied with anyone, you mean to tell me that the Infested Mobile Defense mission I ran a couple days ago would have been the same with a four man team on Online or Private?  Seriously?

*Is kinda impressed that his Casual Self could do it in a Reactor upgraded Excalibur then.  Maybe it's not something most of you would be, but for him, this is kinda big thing.  322 kills with two deaths and successfully ran the mission, with naught but Kunai, a Strun and low level Orthos.*

Nagisawa of clan Arisawa

Spoken as if the Kunai, Strun and Orthos were bad weapons. They're not.

And solo IS a viable option, given that you're not in Pluto on an unranked Warframe.

It's just more difficult than co-op content.

Not a "hardcore" player. Have been playing game for just over a month.

Still can't think of any mission except for maybe one or two mobile defenses on Pluto that I cannot solo with an Excalibur.

these are localized raid/rescue/etc. missions, and while i can understand a rescue mission having extra mooks, there still are too much. were not taking on the whole grineer army, each mission.

300-500 enemy combatants is not an outrageous number for most of these missions.

I certainly think there should be enemy tactics other than disorganized frontal assaults, but the numbers themselves are reasonable.

Edited by Saenol

Spoken as if the Kunai, Strun and Orthos were bad weapons. They're not.

And solo IS a viable option, given that you're not in Pluto on an unranked Warframe.

It's just more difficult than co-op content.

Outside of the Orthos, none of those weapons are damage boosted.  The Hornet Strike I left on my Aklatos (by mistake, actually) so I was doing it bare bones, base damage.  Which again, I know it's not that impressive, but still.  I depopulated a small village on my own.  And I'm not that skilled a player.

Nagisawa of clan Arisawa

Ok, people are arguing in a lot of conflicting directions right now.

Newbie content is borked right now, making hard to progress, I think we can agree this is an issue that needs to be addressed. Perhaps by making it so that the early level planets only scale up to the 25-35 range at Europa.

Endgame content getting harder just makes it so a wider range of difficulty is available, it isn't mandatory, if you start fighting level 50+ guys expecting it to be thes same as the old level 30-40 endgame, that's on your head.

These two above issues are being argued interchangably, y'all should specify what level of enemies you're fighting when you say it's too hard.

Do we like the enemies flanking us and flushing us out of cover or are we sick of enemies surrounding us and using "cheap tactics"? I'm on the side of letting them continue surrounding us but making it so that they have to spawn 2 rooms away at least. I admit it's getting ridiculous to have to fight 3-5 rooms of enemies without leaving the one room.

The multilayered parkour room without the stairs needs a way for newbies to progress through, seriously.

Skill is a factor in this game but progression is too. It isn't all skill, it isn't all mods. A moderately skilled player with good mods can solo Pluto. A good player with decent mods can solo Pluto. You're going to need both to play.

My point is that it does not matter how many enemies you are facing, the Grineer have no responsibility to tone down a response with less manpower because you feel like soloing the entire campaign. If you can't do it by yourself with your substandard gear, then you need to come back better prepared and/or with friends. 

Is spawning on top of players a problem? Maybe, but it's not like the Grineer don't have access to teleportation technology. Perhaps this is part of the challenge. Perhaps we should just dial whine-one-one and call you a waaaambulance.

The fact is, lots of people are soloing lots of the content. It's doable. It's being done. It's not always easy, it's not supposed to be.

I can't wait to see the uproar when they start improving the AI and people have to learn how to fight all over again.

My point is that it does not matter how many enemies you are facing, the Grineer have no responsibility to tone down a response with less manpower because you feel like soloing the entire campaign. If you can't do it by yourself with your substandard gear, then you need to come back better prepared and/or with friends. 

Is spawning on top of players a problem? Maybe, but it's not like the Grineer don't have access to teleportation technology. Perhaps this is part of the challenge. Perhaps we should just dial whine-one-one and call you a waaaambulance.

The fact is, lots of people are soloing lots of the content. It's doable. It's being done. It's not always easy, it's not supposed to be.

I can't wait to see the uproar when they start improving the AI and people have to learn how to fight all over again.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FakeDifficulty DE did some questionable things that didn't even work in making the game harder just more annoying. This game doesn't even rank in the top 25 of the hardest games I have played.