The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Is Now Dull , And Not Rewarding Enough . Get A Squad For A Far More Easy Game.

Parias-Ilota

Warframe needs to have the amount of enemies scaled to the amount of players in the game and ideally let the players choose the general difficulty level themselves.

On a side note Warframe isn't like Serious Sam... In Serious Sam you can dodge about any attack from enemies (which can't be said for Corpus/Grineer in Warframe) and you cannot get stunned/staggered.

Honestly I think everyone's main complaint is the mob tactic that every faction of the enemy side is doing. The Devs shouldn't need to lower they're difficulty in terms of their stats, but they should change the tactics of how different factions approach the Tenno. Like I should be able to see a difference in how the Grineer and Corpus fight, but all I see is when I step into a room is bullet time all up on me. It'd be better if there's a different style to how the Grineer and Corpus fight. 

But the main point that I agree with most is the cost and reward system for soloing. I've had those runs where I'm almost done but then I get rammed by a mob around the corner and die, losing all of my rewards. I mean I get that, but the time and effort I did before that point is lost. No mods, no credits, no mats. There needs to be some form of consolidation reward for solo players. It's just a huge turn off when I there's no guarantee reward for that time and effort I did before I died. 

tl;dr: The game doesn't need to dumb downed, but could use a tweak in how they attack Tennos. Mob tactics is getting old real quick. There needs to be a guaranteed consolidation reward for solo players, if they die on a mission.  

Just did an E Prime, just now. Keep in mind that this is, IIRC, Level 13-16, one of the very first Earth maps.

1). Every stinking room had one of those stupid Napalms almost. I'd kill one, take 2 steps towards the next room and it was "Something's wrong. There's a heavy unit approaching!" or "Warning: Heavy Grineer Approaching." and I'm like "enough is enough with the stupid Napalms already!" I swear I probably killed 20 of them in one mission.

2). Every room had at least two Flameblades. Seriously. Oh, and Scorpions too.

3). The respawn of enemies is simply ridiculous once they spot you. I was doing this with a Lv20 Nova and a Lv30 Braton so I wasn't having much trouble, but still! I'd wipe a group of 10 grineer out with Prime and then 5 seconds later, I make my way towards the other end of the room and there's 10 more grineer! I'm thinking "how the heck is a newbie supposed to do this with little mods?" And I made sure I had the game set to "SOLO" mode.

4). At the end of the mission, I had 200 kills. I was trying to open most (not all!) containers on the way to the boss, but I was not exploring/searching for secret rooms or those really out of the way lockers (especially in the parkour rooms). 200 freaking kills in 1 Capture mission. Seriously? That's way too many Grineer for your average newbie's ammo supply to last through. And Melee Weapons that you can actually make by then are lacking unless a newbie goes to wiki and does a spreadsheet and discovers that the Orthos is an awesome weapon that can be made by Venus. That's a lot of knowledge to expect a fresh newbie to have.

5). So what did I get out of those 200 kills? Well, let me tell you. The BEST thing that dropped was Heated Charge. I got Quickdraw (seriously, again?) from the Mission Reward, I got 1 Fusion Core, 1 Slash Dash, and like 3-4 common mods I see everywhere. Total of like 8 mods, some Ferrite, and about 100 Rubedo. The Rubedo was nice; that's what I was there for. I need 800 to make Nyx. Neurodes? Pfft. Since that hotfix that fixed the drop rates, I've probably farmed about 1,200 Rubedo on E Prime and I've gotten exactly 0 Neurodes this whole time.

Edited by Xylia

I suspect the issue is partly with scalling.  Soloing you seem get about half the enemies you would normally get in a group of 4, while duoing bearly get any more than you do while solo (often less in individual bodies bue to not getting boged down with the respawns). 

Assuming a group that works somewhat togeather you are basically more that equally dividing the work, thusly it will be easier because you are more than doubling the ability of one person, give some tactical working togeather.

Ideally that means two can take more than double the enemies of a solo player while four players can likely take around 5-6 times the enemy difficulity of a single player (to get a similar challenge), but at best you only get around double (maybe 2.5) the number of enemies of the same level as a solo player will.  Thats assuming all warframes and weapons are equal.

This is inherently where the difficulity variance will lie before we even consider available weapons, warframes, mods and their respective ranks.

Personally, pre u9 I used to simply keep mods lower or just not reactor/catalyst weapons and warframes to have more of a challenge or stick to solo/duo playing.  The good bit was I had a choice to set the difficullty to how I wanted to play.  Now there is little choice anymore Im'm reliant on trying to find groups in areas that may or may not have other players, and then hope the internet/network doesnt have issues and cause other problems.

Honestly for the doubters, that dont think there is the difficulity issue go try playing from a new player perspective, even go for an account reset if your keen.  Or even from a non-mastered player perspective.

At the end of the day though the same result that u9 gave us could of easily been achieved by simply adding in a toggle to increase the level of all areas by about 30.  Only then new/casual players and those that like it a bit more challenging would have a choice of the difficulity they want to play at.

I do agree that the way the enemies are thrown at you gets really annoying, most of the time when I'm really in trouble it's because I get constantly barraged just in time so my shield can't recharge. All I can do then is run and hide.

Having enemies actually behaving like a squad would be awesome, it could even inspire some new units. The shield ospreys are nice and all but some sort of unit that creates a shield like sanctuary that you have to shoot down first. Of course this shield would protect them from skills as well. Melee squads with a speed booster in the middle. Heavies with shield lancers in front of them. Quite a few possibilities with this.

Another point is that grineer and corpus are essentially trained military personal. Yet their main tactic is run in head first and see where that will take us. Corpus robots could be understood, the can be remade. But the meatbags doing this feels wrong. Of course they take cover behind objects and walls, but it feels more like they do that because they realize it's the only tactic they have.

I solo the harder planets with ash and excalibur religiously just to test my chops. I recommend you start employing strategy and a better choice/utilization of your weapons, your frames, your mods and your sentinels. Shade IS WONDERFUL for a solo mission. As a matter of fact I have all three and it is the only sentinel I use  -STEALTH- Take your time and complete the mission. Just some advice. An increased difficulty is welcome in my opinion. Beginners can solo the easier planets so they can build up the frames as should be expected thats what I do with vauban and nova now and I solo them to get trhe xp faster.. I have only been playing a few months so Im no pro Im just a fan of the way things are now.

I'm going to assume that you and your friend are hardcore gamers who tend to play co-op.

I have to agree that I appreciate a challenge and the game should not be spoonfeeding you a win, but having mobile/defense rigged so you don't have a chance at winning solo when you can solo other mission types is getting on my nerves.

We're quite the powergamers when we were younger, but definitely not shooter players.

I agree that both defense missions are rigged against solo players, btw. 

Stop saying BS. Your hollow words mean nothing unless you've already tried to clean at least Venus with the low-modded MK1-Braton. I assure you, when you'll spent 4th ammo pack on infested mission, you'll cleary change your mind.

There is a reason you got a melee weapon and a sidearm. Give me some insight which mods are realistic for the MK1 Braton, Lato and Skana and I'll tape a run through Venus.

There is a reason you got a melee weapon and a sidearm. Give me some insight which mods are realistic for the MK1 Braton, Lato and Skana and I'll tape a run through Venus.

For a newbie?

Primary: Ammo Drum, Piercing Hit, Fast Hands, Point Strike (lol). Maybe 1 elemental damage mod. Maybe. If you were ridiculously lucky. No Serration.

Secondary: Same pretty much, only the pistol mods.

Melee: Pressure Point, Fury, True Steel are what I remember seeing the most.

Warframe: Quick Rest, Marathon, Rush, maybe a Redirection, or Vitality

For a newbie?

Primary: Ammo Drum, Piercing Hit, Fast Hands, Point Strike (lol). Maybe 1 elemental damage mod. Maybe. If you were ridiculously lucky. No Serration.

Secondary: Same pretty much, only the pistol mods.

Melee: Pressure Point, Fury, True Steel are what I remember seeing the most.

Warframe: Quick Rest, Marathon, Rush, maybe a Redirection, or Vitality

Speaking of newbie mods, they should double or quadruple the drop rate of serration and hornet strike so people can get those mods to a decent level in a reasonable timeframe. It amazes me how rare those two mods currently are considering how essential they are to gameplay.

My friend played 40-60 hours before he got his first serration mod, that is crazy for a rank 10 mod....

Edited by LazyKnight

Just got off killing Regor twice with a new Tenno friend. I still think the scaling system needs work.

We had level 43 enemies, and I had a fully modded and potatoed hek.

1st round: 4 people, including 2 who made a lot of mistakes.

It was a cakewalk. We just randomly meleed and shot without landing headshots and we stomped everything.

2nd round: Myself and my new friend. Only 2 people the whole mission.

It was still almost a cakewalk. But a little more challenging this time.

The results reinforce my belief that solo took a big hit post-U9 and playing in a group is even easier now than it was before.

I cite diablo and torchlight as examples of how enemy numbers and difficulty should work. More players, bigger challenge. Making levels easier with more people is not promoting teamwork. After all, if it's easier, why would anyone need a revive?

It also reinforces what I've been saying all this time, mobile/defense is rigged so that you can only do it in a group.

Edited by Destro6677

Soloing is fine if you're a Frost.

I think this is an issue because in my region I tend to have to wait a long long time to get games going (even in the most played maps) and even then half the time it lags too much to really be fun to play. What bothers me that is that Mobile Defense (and certain defense maps) are too hostile for you if you're solo. Especially vs Grineer and Corpus - the stuff you're defending is in some bottom of the pit that every enemy can shoot at from half a room away. You can't really deal with that alone unless you can somehow one shot them from range or snowglobe it. This seems like a big issue to me when soloing.

Edited by Aerroon

Soloing is fine if you're a Frost.

I think this is an issue because in my region I tend to have to wait a long long time to get games going (even in the most played maps) and even then half the time it lags too much to really be fun to play. What bothers me that is that Mobile Defense (and certain defense maps) are too hostile for you if you're solo. Especially vs Grineer and Corpus - the stuff you're defending is in some bottom of the pit that every enemy can shoot at from half a room away. You can't really deal with that alone unless you can somehow one shot them from range or snowglobe it. This seems like a big issue to me when soloing.

That is a major issue, the defense target should be in a room or something that is covered so NPC can't just snipe it from other side of the map. The NPC should have to close the distance and get past your defense, ideally in a place that has cover, considering how fast the napalm launcher rip people up. I am only able to solo defense on those two factions when playing a frost, the other warframes aren't worth the random fails.

Edited by LazyKnight

Because oh no, we couldn't possibly give keys to anything less than Lv50, could we? God Forbid you do Lv20-30 content to get keys to go into Void Levels that are 20-30...well ok, I think T2 goes up to more like 50, but isn't really any higher than 50.

Now that you mention it, that's pretty ridiculous. If I can survive a lv50 mission I can breeze through lv30 void. The fact that getting a key is harder than the void itself makes no sense.

I just leave this here for people who mention it is hard to solo with newbie starter frames.

As mention earlier, I said I will try to solo Eris with Ember, but I realized that would be too easy so I once again use my paper Loki. The fastest route from Acanth until the boss and solo.

The hardest was Xini which I had to cheese out with Ember.

Otherwise most of the time I was using Loki Boltor, Despair and Orthos.

FYI, no energy siphon, so I have to actually hunt and kill enemies to build my energy pool

Enemy Radar as you can see Phorid is shown in red on the mini-map

And my poor loki is made of paper except I can cloak relatively long (20% continuity iirc).

However Phorid went down in 2 to 3 cast of Invisibility.

Job finished.

The general verdict that large portions of the games are soloable, just that some frames are better than the others at certain jobs. FYI the result for Excalibur would be roughly the same, just longer because while radial blind nicely stuns him for 12 seconds, but you have no damage boost.

pgkzzjE.jpg

Edited by fatpig84

I just leave this here for people who mention it is hard to solo with newbie starter frames.

As mention earlier, I said I will try to solo Eris with Ember, but I realized that would be too easy so I once again use my paper Loki. The fastest route from Acanth until the boss and solo.

FYI, no energy siphon, so I have to actually hunt and kill enemies to build my energy pool

And my poor loki is made of paper except I can cloak relatively long (20% continuity iirc).

Job finished.

The general verdict that large portions of the games are soloable, just that some frames are better than the others at certain jobs. FYI the result for Excalibur would be roughly the same, just longer because while radial blind nicely stuns him for 12 seconds, but you have no damage boost.

you mentioned specific weapons, Boltor, Despair , Orthos.  And Loki

there was a guy before you asking me to give him a random build ,and he would try to beat everything with a MK1-Braton , Aklato , Kogake and ember. (i asked him to avoid installing fire rate mods and any rare mod that is usually not dropped in lower lvl systems.) and his results are not the same as yours. So, no. not general verdict at all.

Edited by Gem145

Currently doing a 'No Regrets' solo run. Roll a random frame and weapon set (assign a number to each one and roll some dice). Don't change that frame's loadout until you've cleared every node on the map.

I feel the world must know whether or not it is possible to solo the entire game as Saryn with Grakata, Dual Bronco and Machete.

tl;dr: Stop giving a ****, especially if you didn't pay in like me. You'll have more fun.

Edited by UnearthedArcana

Currently doing a 'No Regrets' solo run. Roll a random frame and weapon set (assign a number to each one and roll some dice). Don't change that frame's loadout until you've cleared every node on the map.

I feel the world must know whether or not it is possible to solo the entire game as Saryn with Grakata, Dual Bronco and Machete.

tl;dr: Stop giving a ****, especially if you didn't pay in like me. You'll have more fun.

the TL;DR version does not make any sense with your Long version.

Edited by Gem145

Soloing is still absolutely possible everywhere, up to and including T3 defense missions.

Even though you'd obviously need a very specific equipment & mods for soloing T3 and especially its defense.

But not counting tower missions, you can pretty much do everything with anything, as long as you have enough mods, potatoes, and levels in your equipment.

PS: And compared to things like playing Serious Sam on the hardest difficulty or playing Xaero Quake mod on the hardest difficulty, it's still very easy.

Edited by JustDont

I have been trying to tell ppl since a couple of hot fixes back that solo is bugged, however, the bug is not constant and seems only to affect missions with grineer.

This sudden jump in difficulty is not intentional, trying running the same mission in private only and solo it, you will note the mission plays as you would expect given the mob level, something was borked with scaling when a session is labelled solo . Once you have tested for yourselves, file a support ticket; I have been updating a support ticket about the issue and my findings for the last three days.

Edited by HexCaliber

Job finished.

pgkzzjE.jpg

I'd like to see a newbie with that level continuity mod. I also doubt that starter weapons can take it out so quickly. Anyway, this isn't about soloing bosses - it's about a general imbalance of difficulty in disfavour of beginners.

I'd like to see a newbie with that level continuity mod. I also doubt that starter weapons can take it out so quickly. Anyway, this isn't about soloing bosses - it's about a general imbalance of difficulty in disfavour of beginners.

If you've gotten far enough to be fighting Phorid, you are not a newbie.

Anyway, this isn't about soloing bosses - it's about a general imbalance of difficulty in disfavour of beginners.

However you look at it -- a person who gets his starting equipment to level 30 is likely to have played at least 30 hours, and can hardly be considered "beginner" anymore. He may not have max level Serration, but at least he'll likely have it at some level. And unless you're trying to solo "hardest" bosses, Lato with mods is still quite enough to kill lvl50 Grineer/Corpus/whatever, if you shoot straight (MK-1 Braton is not, but you can freely buy the normal Braton with credits).