Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End game melee weapons, also Atterax vs Galatine Prime?

VayneVseveN

Question

Hey guys, I started this game last month and currently MR 13. I just got Galatine Prime yesterday, I wanna ask that which one is better between Atterax and Galatine Prime? I know they are for different uses, but I still wanna know the difference between them, thanks! 

3 answers to this question

I prefer the galatine due to tempo royale; atterax is still quite good, but I find its stance to be boring. 

It really does depend on what you're doing with it though; for low-level content OR for sustained combat, atterax is probably a better choice because of a faster stacking combo, but galatine hits hard from the start, and would be better if you aren't constantly fighting. So part of that depends on your frame choice. If you're using a squishy caster-type frame, you'll probably want a galatine because you're not going to be meleeing things constantly, whereas tanks may prefer an atterax for more hits, which can stack combo multipliers and possibly return health faster, depending on your build, plus atterax's higher crit mult will scale better using a blood rush build.

Since status is the new meta, worth mentioning that atterax and galatine both have a decent status chance of 20%, so in the end, both are fairly equal in terms of performance.

I'd probably just say to go with whichever one you think has a better stance :P

The Bleed DPS Between a Maiming Atterax and a Cleaving Whirlwind Galantine Prime is nearly identical.

Atterax is more mobile with more reach however it's not a comparison unless you're using a slide macro with Maiming Strike.

What's funny is you can slide macro Galantine Prime for more DPS but at that point......

Anyways, the Whip combos are just about nonexistent. Heavy Blades have two very good stance that are decently fun to use.