Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tolstoj - Too Much Nightmare?

helosie

Seems like the majority of the time, this mission is under nightmare mode, I have to wonder if nightmare mode happens when an area has been replayed over and over? (Then again, Xini would always be nightmare mode..)

Still, I don't mind the difficulty, but I can see this being a serious problem for new players being outright wiped out in this mission. Had to help several lowbie friends today get past this, Just saying that Tolstoj needs to not be in nightmare mode so much.

If anything, with a area under nightmare mode, give us the option to play the mission normally, or choose nightmare mode.

Edited by helosie

Currently you shouldn't see nightmare unless you have already cleared all missions on a planet. If you are in a group of people that want to get through Tolstaj and they have not cleared it, let them select the mission without you ever selecting it. If you select it you pull them into the nightmare mission. If you dont you should then do a normal run of the mission.

If they are seeing the nightmare mission without having cleared the entire planet please send a support ticket to DE.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Just played a few nightmare mode on the map, kinda feel newbies not got enough tips and experience about the game and the mode, they are noticeable to be slower on reaction, and not going to read radar at all, they don't used to follow other player that moving fast.

So I'm wondering the main issue might be the notify of the mode and it's dangerous, or lower the difficulty, I believe there's many new player after the 75% off newbie pack (the steam holiday sale), the nightmare mode should kinda avoid the newbie planet to made it replayable for new players, like it made half of maps on mercury nightmare(current 3), I don't think it fits new players that just start in all direction(warframe, weapon, the experience of play), even with 4, they are likely will die easily, not challengeful, only death and could rage quit the good game, which is I don't like to watch.

The repeatable ability is a big issue, if they ever defeat the boss map once, they can't have fun to farm it at all, which is old player like us did all the day, but they only did once. And we knew the nightmare mode is loooooooooooong term event, they will forced to be pushed to higher level map when they are ready yet, it's not being a healthy situation at all xD

Edited by Ivia

Mercury is pretty much a straight line, with only ONE mission off to the side last I checked.

To get to Tolstoj, you have to clear every mission in Mercury except that ONE mission.

And the game never tells you "YOU WILL BE PUNISHED IF YOU DO THIS MISSION!"

And Vets from U8 and before never had prior warning of this, like myself.

I don't want Nightmare Mode now that they made Mercury Nightmare impossible to solo. But yet seeing that skull over M Prime or Tolstoj is very annoying (M Prime is where I go to for new warframes or weapons) and Tolstoj is obviously where I farm for Seer parts.

This is why we need a way of turning Nightmare off entirely.

I'm glad I never did every single mission on earth, don't have to worry about Nightmares there. I wish I could have been clairvoyant enough to leave that 1 mission alone on Mercury....

@Twistank

Nightmare cant be done by Mastery Rank 0, and you have to have completed all missions on a planet to unlock it.

And to the people who say that newbs cant farm Vor like we did....we never farmed vor for anything besides morphics and 2.5K credits a pop from his Cronus BP. And with how he is now always equal to 1.5x the highest level gear you're bringing on that mission he does a bit better for XP farming, but not much. Its actually better for the new players to kick around venus and not have to worry about needing AP, or facing a Grineer Commander.

@Twistank

Nightmare cant be done by Mastery Rank 0, and you have to have completed all missions on a planet to unlock it.

And to the people who say that newbs cant farm Vor like we did....we never farmed vor for anything besides morphics and 2.5K credits a pop from his Cronus BP. And with how he is now always equal to 1.5x the highest level gear you're bringing on that mission he does a bit better for XP farming, but not much. Its actually better for the new players to kick around venus and not have to worry about needing AP, or facing a Grineer Commander.

I did farmed a bit when I was newbie, don't remember the reason, maybe just because he's boss xD

Beside of it, I don't only meaning the boss map, what I said is about the whole planet, like the planet is again with 3 nightmare mission now, and we did suggest people to farm ferrite in M Prime, or Terminus, which are both nightmare mission now, the chance of it to be a nightmare seems too high, newbie could be pretty optionless and feel tears about it. Yes, they can do other mission for it, or even don't do it and waiting for a whole day, but I don't feel it's newbie friendly enough.

All they need is some method to turn Nightmare Mode, OFF.

You really need some good stuff to actually do Nightmare, and a lot of people who are just trying to level new weapons or frames don't want to have to skip half of Mercury because of the little Skull Nodes that take hours to change.

IMO, I refuse to do Rescue Missions, because I hate the mechanics. I try to stick to Raid or Capture, because you actually get a reward at the end (a Quickdraw or Fast Hands is better than absolutely nothing).

Sabotage, Exterminate, Spy, and Deception give you absolutely no rewards at the end of the mission, so I tend not to bother doing those unless I have no other choices (this is something DE needs to do something about).

When the Skulls appear on the Raid/Capture missions, it is quite depressing because I feel punished for something I'd rather just turn off in the first place. When I want to do Nightmare Mode, I should be able to to ask the game for Nightmare Mode. It shouldn't be forced on me.

It funny with Tolstoj, on a normal mission, I can ignore all NPC that are not in my direct path or blocking me but when nightmare mode that inverts. When it is on I can't stay in the bosses room without exploiting line-of-sight to keep grineer off me. It would be easy to make it a toggle option or just make it so no planet under level 30 should have a mandatory nightmare mod.

Unless they want to change it so seer ONLY drops on nightmare with a toggle option so there is a point to doing him on hard mode.

Unless they want to change it so seer ONLY drops on nightmare with a toggle option so there is a point to doing him on hard mode.

That could work.

Cronus only for regular.

Seer Nightmare only.

But I can imagine the tears and rage,

That could work.

Cronus only for regular.

Seer Nightmare only.

But I can imagine the tears and rage,

You nightmare people have plenty of new toys in the form of nice powerful mods that stack with the old mods.

You don't need the pistol ontop of that.

Merely giving us a toggle to turn Nightmare off would be a much easier and better fix.

Edited by Xylia

i think it would be effective fix to this problem if they took out the nightmare mode from star chart and put up a button similar to an Alert section.

However, since it would be long list, we would have to make it a button that does pop up menu similar to the current void key picking screen.