The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Frame Is Boring To You?

Hayden11121

Heres the thing,

In high level missions wether it be raid, sabotage , defence, there simply is no way to play him effectively when theres lvl 75 mobs being shot at you unless your in a high place spamming radial blind and sniping, and even then thats only for defence missions... 

Decoy is handy (though i think it needs a buff cause it doesnt last that long being shot at)

Invisibility However i think is his only aspect that i like, you can crit all the time and stay undetected,

Switch teleport is good at jumping into the whole enemy team and getting killed. other then that its just a fun way of playing around with team mates

and radial blind in high level play is the same i said before, unless your in a high place or a heavy gunner is spamming bullets at you, its just a quick way to get your butt beat down upon by 30 grineer shock sticks (and a few machetes)

Once again, im only talking about high level play, (level 50 and above)

Once again, people like you have either no imagination or just suck with a Loki. I am still good on higher levels. Besides I don't like sticking around and tracking down every single enemy in the room unless it's extermination or defense, it's too time consuming and while I do kill anyone that's in my way I get the job done fast. Loki is great and always will be. 

Switch teleport is good at jumping into the whole enemy team and getting killed. other then that its just a fun way of playing around with team mates

Your loss if you don't know how to use it properly. Those of us who do know how to use Switch Teleport, it's way more valuable than just trolling teammates.

I solo T3 void missions all the time with my master thief Loki build (though not defense obviously), and breeze through them easily. *shrugs*

To each their own. :D

Heres the thing,

In high level missions wether it be raid, sabotage , defence, there simply is no way to play him effectively when theres lvl 75 mobs being shot at you unless your in a high place spamming radial blind and sniping, and even then thats only for defence missions... 

Decoy is handy (though i think it needs a buff cause it doesnt last that long being shot at)

Invisibility However i think is his only aspect that i like, you can crit all the time and stay undetected,

and radial blind in high level play is the same i said before, unless your in a high place or a heavy gunner is spamming bullets at you, its just a quick way to get your butt beat down upon by 30 grineer shock sticks (and a few machetes)

Once again, im only talking about high level play, (level 50 and above)

I was soloing Loki in Ceres for the last few days and helping to carry newbies if they happened to join my games (mastery 2 and mastery 3).

No issues there.

Edited by fatpig84

I will say Ash and Excalibur. Don't get me wrong, I like all of them but those two, for some reason, feel boring to me. Later thinking I can say that Excalibur has only two abilities that I use regularly.

Slash Dash is a " I win " button for a small groups and Radial Javelin is for big groups. Radial Blind is rarely being used due to me already being careful to not to get swarmed and the fact that simply mowing down enemies with guns will have the same result, use the ability or not. Super Jump in concept is good and all, I haven't just learned to utilize it at all. For me it is more waste of energy since I have always been quite good on platforming.

Ash has fun abilities, but nothing outstanding. Sure the Shurikens were over powered at one point but they were fun, if they would get a quite small chance or depending on enemies health at the given time and be able to penetrate that enemy, it would feel more satisfying ability to me, though that being said it is quite so at the moment as well. Smoke Bomb is good and fun but I rarely need to use it anyways so why would I? Teleport is the most boring ability as it brings nothing to the table except when I need to revive but like Excaliburs Super Jump, I am already fast enough so it feels like a waste of energy. Then there is the ultimate which is great but should have a minimum of kills it would do, have seen the enemies or not.

Vauban. When he was first showcased his abilities and playstyle looked right up my alley. Once I got a little time with him I quickly lost interest. He's too good at what he does. I'm never in any trouble. I like a bit of challenge. A little tension.

Well here's an interesting read for Ember here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/77128-little-red-corvette-ember-guide/

But personally out all of the frames I've played, I find none of them that boring... However I haven't played with the frames much. I've Played Saryn, and Banshee the most, and I'm working on Nyx. Her psychic bolts are kind of lacklustre.

I just need to get to grips with all of my current frames, and see which seems "boring."

My top three is...

Boring list:

Frost (good frame but damn boring IMHO)

Trinity (has some "god mode" features, but she is not my "cup of tea")

Loki (haven't build this frame, but the abilities that it offers is pure fail IMO)

Fun list:

Ash (strong and durable and smokey)

Nova (squishy but wickedly powerful and fun!)

Nyx (I've always loved the idea of mind control based characters [/want Necro Frame!])

My top three is...

Boring list:

Loki (haven't build this frame, but the abilities that it offers is pure fail IMO)

Fun list:

Nyx (I've always loved the idea of mind control based characters [/want Necro Frame!])

What this gentleman said.

My top three is...

Boring list:

Fun list:

SO you're judging a frame that you have not even built yet. Basically the american way.

From the frames i own, Rhino. Still need to build Loki, Ash, Frost, Nyx and Nova tho, so we'll see.

Edit: as per request: i find him boring in comparison to all my other frames. Must be because i prefer a mix of spells and physical attacks, which Rhino can't really do besides his two buffs - which is ugh. Same reason i found pre-6.78 Skeleton king boring.

Yeah, and now he can eat a chunk of you HP if you're fed enough. On topic: Mag pre fix. It was really frustrating that only one skill is usefull(I never had any intention to use pull on enemis, so it was pretty much useless).

I wouldn't say Ash is boring, but he's definitely a complete downgrade compared to Loki. Loki can do everything Ash does, but better.

- Ash's final ability is buggy as hell and takes forever to score any kills. By the time you've jumped to 2 enemies, Nova blows up the whole map and you just get dropped off where you started. Loki's final ability insta-kills any low-ranked enemies, while screwing bigger enemies over.

- Loki's invisibility not only lasts 2x as long as Ash's, but it also gives you 3x the melee damage boost.

- Shuriken is an outright waste of energy, while Decoy is quite valuable on Infested Defense missions like Xini.

- Loki's Switch Teleport also allows you to teleport further than Ash's Teleport, as well.

Ash is simply a complete downgrade to Loki at the moment. If you want to play a stealthy assassin, Loki wins the cup on that playstyle.

Edited by Alure

SO you're judging a frame that you have not even built yet. Basically the american way.

Upon posting my lay-down of Loki, I saw this post. If the person you quoted thinks that Loki is pure fail (even though he hasn't built him yet), and that Ash is "strong", that's laughable. Don't leave this one to America, we don't want him.

I got a few reason as to why I think Loki is pure fail.

1. The "Troll factor" this frame offers has been a pain basicly every time I'm in a team with a Loki (Switch TP)

2. Decoy. I know it's an effective ability but It's not something I like/want to use (don't use Saryn Molt aswell)

3. Stealth isn't my "cup of tea". I know that I said I like Ash, but that wasn't purely based on his Steath ability.

But I still believe I have my right to an opinion, based on what I've experienced through the time I've played Warframe, which is 185 hours and all Frames build and maxed, expect Loki (which I can build now, if I wanted to).

Although I have never tried loki and never will, it is sad he is receiving so much hate :(

He sounds amazing on paper and seems fitted for creative minds I hope people give him a chance.

I had fun playing through all the frames actually. It's AFTER when you go back to play them, they all

start to become a little boring. I think the 2000 year old issue that's been plaguing this game is

there are so little powers to choose from and the mana system usually encourage us to use just one

spell because it is the most cost effective.

I think the underlying issue is the mana system and I know steve loves his mana orbs and hates cooldowns

but I think change is needed to encourage more use of other underused/fun skills vs just useful skills.

We need to be a little more specific here with the question and answers because this is.... essentially turning into the usual "X Warframe doesnt have enough powers that work high level therefore he sucks," thread. 

Frost at top levels basically only has Snowglobe but below that he has 3 offensive attacks that as all useful. There are few frames built like that and because of that i found these types of frames fun. You could attack in 3 different ways, you can deal with enemies in 3 different way in 3 different situations. Other frames like this are Ember, Rhino before the change, and now Nova. Well, i guess the real thing is their theme is constant through all their powers and there isnt a sudden weird power breaking it the flow so you could say Vauban with everything CCing and Loki with his distraction and trickery. Saryn could fit here too.

The rest of the frames are built on a first small attacking power, two utility powers in the middle, and the AOE at the end. And this i find to be more boring depending on how their powers are. 

Excalibur

We start with SnD that at later levels it does more damage but since it's a instant movement from place to place it can still be used as an escape ability

Radial blind is stun that work on any level, less effective against the Grineer but it can still reset the fight to give you enough time.

Jump is a good movement ability that lets you get away or get to enemies faster. It costs 10 energy so there shouldn't be any problem with attack.

Javelin is an armor ignore ability so it's use is always the same.

Conclusion- i still have fun with him at higher levels

Ash

Shuriken- is range damaging attack that does a lot. It's fine. I dont know how the damage fall off is at high levels.

Smoke Bomb- is useful at any level with the stun and invis.

Teleport-  is useful at any level but it requires a target to it's extremely situational. Not as good as Super Jump.

Blade Storm- I always like the teleport stab animation for it but.....

Conclusion- my Ash has been level 20 for a loooooooooooooooooooong time. So i guess i do find this dude boring. I dont care for having a quick run speed which seems to be his draw so that doesnt give him any bonuses. And because of him only being 20 i dont know his damage falloff later on.

Banshee

Im not even go in to detail i just find boring exactly why i explain earlier. She is the perfect example of two attacks two support with little variety.  Sonic Boom is just a small version of Sound Quake but even with that i find SB a bit more fun because you actually have to aim it. And i can use it to get rid of Osprey in one hit so it has a perfect use for something. Th rest .... i never used silence, i dont even know if it works after the alarm set off.... does it? And Sonar is just "push for more damage" and you do have to aim but meh. All her abilities work at all level to some degree because even the damaging abilities knock down so she is useful at all levels.

Mag

Mags problem are her two middle powers because they are extremely situational. I never had a problem with Pull because it has always been a long range stun and Crush is also a stun when the damage falls off. She is another frame that i have stuck at around 20 for a long time but i dont find her as boring as the others that i find boring.

Nyx

I always found her fun even if i just end up using mind control and chaos. Mainly cause with mind control you can be very tactical on who you control. Her problem is that her two sets of attacks are on extreme opposite spectrum when you think about it. 2 mind controls, one damaging which is ok but her 4th is some sort of tanking ability? Basically mind control is better to use than mind bullets and chaos is better to use than absorb. Two attacks trump the other two. She works on all levels. I find her fun. 

Trinity

Trinity was actually the second frame i built but i didnt end up claiming her because she took me so long to farm that by the time i got her completed i was already building Frost i went with him. She is a support frame so for anyone that doesnt like that role she is going to be boring. I found her fun because of Link and a fraggor it was craziness. I got her to max quickly but since then i havent played her at all. Her abilities work on all levels. I found a combo fun but then lost interest so.... she stands in the middle?

Dont have Nova yet and i used to find Rhino fun before because he had the 3 attack abilities but when he lost one he fell into this group of two attack two support ability frames and he lost some of his fun. Now i have to resort to using IS cause with only two attacks there is no middle ground but that. But he still has 3 abilities that work on every level.

Edited by Mak_Gohae