The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Exalted Blade, Radial Javalin

Hixlysss

Excal's ultimate allows us to use his radial blind via doing a slide attack, a interesting addition to his ultimate, I propose that his ground slam attacks should trigger a Radial Javalin cast as well. Slide attacks trigger blind, ground slam calls in Radial Javalin in a smiliar fashion(Half energy cost), and perhaps his charge attacks, or maybe wall attacks, trigger slash dash? Either way, adding radial javalin to ground slams would be, I believe, a wonderful addition to his current kit.

Given the current condition of Radial Javalin, it would be hilarious to see how much more damage the one you propose would do. Honestly, I get that it was nerfed cause it's no longer Excal's Ultimate, but damn it's just useless now.

Also, wall attacks? Those went to the grave along with Parkour 1.0

I don't like it either.

I actually don't like the slide attack coming up as a radial blind. Unless you're sporting a ton of range, it's half range, half energy, and does very little if you're not using a crap ton of range. If you had the range you'd have to sacrifice something else. Something more important.

At least more important for me.

But no why do I want to lose a ground slam that can possibly knock down an enemy that I really had to knock down, for something that's just going to cost me energy and do nothing useful.

Oh yeah, and if you use Slash Dash while Exalted Blade is active you deal more damage and at the end of the dash you throw out an energy wave from Exalted Blade which does more damage.

Edited by Alcatraz

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Also, wall attacks? Those went to the grave along with Parkour 1.0

I wish.
I use a lot of aimglide -> slide attacks whenever I play, but I keep activating wall attacks instead because I accidentally cling to a surface before pressing E. Sadly, wall attacks are 100% as useless as they were during Parkour 1.0.

OT:

No. Draining energy just to do a slide attack is already painful enough; draining energy for groundslams as well (and for a much less reliable effect than a simple knockdown) would be just awful.

5 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

his charge attacks

Which he doesn't have.

I remember suggesting this interaction long time ago. Spin for Blind, Slam for RJ, Aerial attack for Slash Dash. All of them toned down, slightly altered and without the energy cost.

With energy costs (especially as huge as half of RJ) it'll piss off more people than it would make happy.

Edited by Epsik-kun

5 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

I wish.
I use a lot of aimglide -> slide attacks whenever I play, but I keep activating wall attacks instead because I accidentally cling to a surface before pressing E. Sadly, wall attacks are 100% as useless as they were during Parkour 1.0.

Slightly off-topic:

Wall attacks were actually good for initiating combat as they had a lot of momentum and high damage. Currently they have the damage, but have lost ALL their momentum, making them useless. Would be nice if DE returned Wall Attacks their Parkour 1.0 momentum.

On Topic:

I think it should be the opposite: removing the Blind from EB's slide attack. Instead make EB add some special bonus to casting the abilities while on it, like making Exalted Blade Finisher attacks damage multiple enemies, which would sinergize with Radial Blind by using it to open enemies to Finisher attacks. On a similar note, Radial Blind getting some special bonus with EB, like dealing old RJ's level of damage while EB is active or something.

Instead of adding more overlap, reduce it and make the whole set worth using.

39 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Slightly off-topic:

Wall attacks were actually good for initiating combat as they had a lot of momentum and high damage. Currently they have the damage, but have lost ALL their momentum, making them useless. Would be nice if DE returned Wall Attacks their Parkour 1.0 momentum.

On Topic:

I think it should be the opposite: removing the Blind from EB's slide attack. Instead make EB add some special bonus to casting the abilities while on it, like making Exalted Blade Finisher attacks damage multiple enemies, which would sinergize with Radial Blind by using it to open enemies to Finisher attacks. On a similar note, Radial Blind getting some special bonus with EB, like dealing old RJ's level of damage while EB is active or something.

Instead of adding more overlap, reduce it and make the whole set worth using.

On Parkour 1.0.

I doubt DE would return that crazy wall fling. I mean the momentum was too insane, jump, press E while having Tipedo equipped, fly across the map :clem: . Having More momentum on the current wall attack would be nice, though. Being able to actually go a bit of distance with it would be cool, not too much, but just enough.

On EB.

I agree. Having RJ from slam would just make his 3 redundant. Having boosts to them and special synergies instead would be wonderful. 

19 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

On Parkour 1.0.

I doubt DE would return that crazy wall fling. I mean the momentum was too insane, jump, press E while having Tipedo equipped, fly across the map :clem: . Having More momentum on the current wall attack would be nice, though. Being able to actually go a bit of distance with it would be cool, not too much, but just enough.

I was thinking that giving Wall Attacks the same momentum as Bulletjump (and therefore affected by Parkour mods too) would be enough. Also a faster swing animation.

On EB.

I agree. Having RJ from slam would just make his 3 redundant. Having boosts to them and special synergies instead would be wonderful. 

Indeed. In fact I think the same should be true for the other abilities in the same category (and hopefully Ash will get one instead of current failstorm eventually).

Another thing I would like is making combos worth using instead of mindlessly mashing E or setting up a Slide Spam macro. Like giving special AoEs or radial energy blasts or whatever to EB's special combos.

Edited by Nazrethim

5 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Slightly off-topic:

(Slightly off-topic:)
That's not how I remember them at all. In Parkour 1.0, pressing E while wallrunning would reset momentum to zero and perform the same uncancelable "gently swing your weapon while your character slowly flops to the ground" animation that we have now.
The reason wall attacks are terrible in Parkour 2.0 isn't because they were somehow nerfed, but because they were virtually unchanged from an already-crappy state. To my understanding, wall attacks have never been useful at any point during this game's lifetime.

Wall leaps, on the other hand, were bloody fantastic for initiating combat. Especially when Directional Melee was first introduced, and you could combo wall leap -> directional melee to launch yourself across maps (which Tipedo was particularly good at).

Edited by SortaRandom

8 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

(Slightly off-topic:)
That's not how I remember them at all. In Parkour 1.0, pressing E while wallrunning would reset momentum to zero and perform the same uncancelable "gently swing your weapon while your character slowly flops to the ground" animation that we have now.
The reason wall attacks are terrible in Parkour 2.0 isn't because they were somehow nerfed, but because they were virtually unchanged from an already-crappy state. To my understanding, wall attacks have never been useful at any point during this game's lifetime.

Wall leaps, on the other hand, were bloody fantastic for initiating combat. Especially when Directional Melee was first introduced, and you could combo wall leap -> directional melee to launch yourself across maps (which Tipedo was particularly good at).

Wall attacks used the same momentum as the Wall Leap, hence why they were useful, if difficult to properly use.

As an Excalibur "main," I will say that I don't think adding another "utility" to Exalted Blade's moveset that will likely also drain energy is a good idea. I already slide attack on accident enough times since I forget that the additional radial blind eats up energy in doing so and thus I can't make efficient use of it for actually closing in on and attacking enemies. The slam attack is fine as it is to me.

On 8/8/2017 at 0:41 AM, KuramaKitsune said:

anyone else just really disappoint with radial javelins dmg?

Not really, as I rarely use this skill. It does its job in low level missions, but do you use it in mid or high level? No. And since it would cost even more energy than the Slide-Blind to throw off some negligible damage to surrounding enemies is yet another reason why I'm against this idea.

E: I'll also add in the fact that adding more flat damage to Radial Javelin isn't going to help it either. What it needs is scaling multipliers or conditions relative to an enemy's total health or armor to bring it up to Oberon\Octavia standards. 

Edited by Totterson

8 hours ago, Totterson said:

As an Excalibur "main," I will say that I don't think adding another "utility" to Exalted Blade's moveset that will likely also drain energy is a good idea. I already slide attack on accident enough times since I forget that the additional radial blind eats up energy in doing so and thus I can't make efficient use of it for actually closing in on and attacking enemies. The slam attack is fine as it is to me.

Not really, as I rarely use this skill. It does its job in low level missions, but do you use it in mid or high level? No. And since it would cost even more energy than the Slide-Blind to throw off some negligible damage to surrounding enemies is yet another reason why I'm against this idea.

E: I'll also add in the fact that adding more flat damage to Radial Javelin isn't going to help it either. What it needs is scaling multipliers or conditions relative to an enemy's total health or armor to bring it up to Oberon\Octavia standards. 

What about removing Radial Blind from EB's slide attack, empowering EB alternative combos to be better than the basic E-spam one. And then making Slash Dash and Radial Javelin both scale off the melee combo counter?

On 8/12/2017 at 10:30 AM, Nazrethim said:

What about removing Radial Blind from EB's slide attack, empowering EB alternative combos to be better than the basic E-spam one. And then making Slash Dash and Radial Javelin both scale off the melee combo counter?

That's better and what they probably should have done from the start. Although, the melee counter is shaky at best while using Exalted Blade since that the energy slashes tend to be too strong to begin with. All you really have to do to take down any high level enemy is have an attack speed build on him without having to worry about combo counters.