Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Ichor Build

(XBOX)MuffinWizrad

Question

So as the title would suggest, I want to put together a Dual Ichor build. My dinky little ghost clan of 2 people (my friend and I) just finished the research, and word on the street is that these things are pretty good.

I traded to get all the 60/60 status mods a while back, and I wasn't sure if putting them all on was a good idea, or if I should be doing the Organ Shatter/Berserker thing with them. I'm planning on eventually getting Venka Prime in 2 more mastery levels and modding that for endgame stuff, but until that happens I figured the Dual Ichor could fill the void.

So what I've got so far:

-Swirling Tiger stance (because of course that stance)
-Pressure Point (maybe primed? I'm only rank 6, not exactly rich.)
-Organ Shatter (pumps up the crit)
-True Steel (higher chance to crit)
-Blood Rush (same as above)
-Berserker (so that when some slashing isn't enough, I can compensate with even more slashing)

In the community's opinions, what ought to be added, changed, or done differently? I'm pretty sure that going for crits is what should happen with this weapon (because of that insanely high crit damage multiplier), but is there a better way to go about it?

I should mention that I was considering going for the dual cleavers too, since their syndicate mod is pretty awesome and they have similar stats. I would imagine the build would be similar, but what's the final word on all of it?

Edited by (XB1)MuffinWizrad

6 answers to this question

I rather enjoy this particular build on my Ichors:

Spoiler

PE0wvtW.jpg

It capitalizes on the extremely powerful ground finisher Dual Swords have as well as pumping enough attack speed to streamline the insane pause combo of Swirling Tiger while still providing decent upfront damage from reliable corrosive proc.

Of course, if you don't want to rely on this gimmick, replace Finishing Touch with either a 90% Elec/Toxic or Toxic dual-stat. I would recommend the latter. For high-level runs, CO will be strictly better than Finishing Touch too.

True Steel isn't a good mod choice for this build.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)MuffinWizrad said:

going for the dual cleavers too, since their syndicate mod is pretty awesome

It isn't, really. On a finished build, you'll have no space for this mod, unless you'll try running pure Slash proc build, which is really underpowered atm. However, the weapon itself is amazing, especially for Condition Overload builds.

Edited by Epsik-kun

If you're continuously using your melee, Berserker > Primed Fury.  If you aren't going to be using it often enough to keep the Berserker proc up, then Primed Fury is the way to go.

Also, if you're using Blood Rush, True Steel may not be necessary.  Using Condition Overload, even with just 1 status proc, will gain you more damage according to the Warframe builder site.  If you use the Artax or have other methods of putting status effects on the enemies, that damage goes up.

Dual Ichors are versatile weapons so there's really not going to be one build to rule them all.

The build you use entirely depends on what you're hitting and how you want to utilize the weapons.

These are three of my favored builds for comparison.

Dual Ichor Hybrid Corrosive:

Spoiler

NLFpBJX.jpg

This is a basic full melee build I use against heavy armor enemies. 92% Status chance at x3 combo.

Dual Ichor Hybrid Gas:

Spoiler

hqmr0xy.jpg

Mostly for Corpus though it will work decent against Infested or low armored enemies. The Gas proc gives Ichors some much needed AoE. Also 92% Status. You can go with True Steel over Lasting String if you don't have it maxed.

Dual Ichor Finisher:

Spoiler

vwUwJYi.jpg

This is for non-full melee setups. Good with frames like Oberon who can knock enemies down easily. Dual sword's 1600% auto Slash proc is doubled in effect by Viral and doubled again by Lasting Sting for 4x * Combo Bleed procs. Relentless will help maintain combo without having to constantly use the weapons.

Ahhh the memories.

They were one of the best melee weapons at one point, and with the explosion of melee boosting mods could be very viable again due to that built in Toxin.

No point in giving my build out for them as it's a couple of years out of date. I moved to the Tipedo when that was released as the faster attack speed was better for "coptering" old skool ;) before bullet jumping.