Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack of incentive for farming focus

alergiclaprosti

I haven't been playing for some time now.

The open world map presented at TennoCon made me come back.

Now, talking about the Focus System, it's the same as before I stooped playing. The largest issue I have with it is still there.

I've searched to see if somebody else addressed this and didn't find any posts.

My issue is like this:

Why does the passive effect has to start AFTER the first use of the focus ability?

This causes me, and I believe a lot more others, to stop using more upgrades for the focus ability because it's cooldown is increased with each, thus delaying the activation of the passive effect.

The duration of a mission, for me, depending on the type and difficulty varies between 1 min and 10 min, so, if I want to use all the upgrades, my focus ability will never be ready in any mission except the time based ones (i.e. survival).

My solution for fixing this would be allowing the passive to work from the start of the mission or after a fixed duration of time in it.  

This would also incentivize me, and probably others, to farm focus more.

Off topic...

I hope those operator void power focus weapons, mentioned at TennoCon, would allow us to kill high level sentients without cycling trough all of our equipment, given the sentients' vulnerability to the void.

Edited by alergiclaprosti

1 minute ago, RobWasHere said:

They introduced focus orbs and added a cap. Nothing changed after that

Oh right, yeah, "Convergence", the blanket nerf to focus farming. I remember that. The trees themselves though haven't recieved anything that i can remember.

I find almost all the Focus trees' active abilities are worthless. They either need to get buffed or revolve the focus system around the mostly useful passive abilities. I hope PoE addresses the issues of the active abilities.

3 hours ago, Auranix said:

I find almost all the Focus trees' active abilities are worthless. They either need to get buffed or revolve the focus system around the mostly useful passive abilities. I hope PoE addresses the issues of the active abilities.

Zenurik is ok/subparish as an emergency break, and Vazarin can heal defense objectives. Not good at all but not so bad as to say useless, I believe.

These things are supposed to be like a super mode but super modes usually do not take you out of your fast and furious void demon to slowly float across the ground.