Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lenz Blast = can Critical?

Noble006

Question

Lenz has 50 impact damage, 10 cold, 660 blast and 50% crit chanc, and i was thinking, thats a helluva lot of crit chance for a weapon that relies on the blast proc for its damage. i was thinking itll crit the 50 impact damage, but now im wondering if it could, and if the 50% crit chance was really for, crit the blast and cold damage? and if so, will modding it with blast increase the blast damage? and will serration also increase the blast damage?

9 answers to this question

For the Critical chance, yes. I found that the Crit chance applies to all three instance of damage: the impact, the cold pulse, and the blast.

Serration will increase all base damage, and since this weapon base damage is blast, yes it will increase it.

If by modding for Blast, you mean putting in Heat+Cold damage mod to the weapon, then yes, indirectly. The Blast damage gained will be calculated from the weapon base damage, and it will stack with existing Blast damage.

12 minutes ago, Xyhon said:

Just mod it with Serration + Heavy Caliber and crit mods for best effect. Also, don't use just blast as elemental combo on this weapon. Better to add something like corrosive anyway.

^ THIS

Pure blast can look awesome as digits but that's not the best solution... heavy gunner is probably the hardest enemy and has huge amount of armor... you will want to get rid of that armor before blowing things up... so corrosive is the best on Grineer, same goes to Infested and Void.

For corpus... change it for Gas and watch them choke to death.

Also... I would replace Heavy Caliber with Primed Bane of Grineer/Corpus/Infested... and replace that when get some awesome Riven.

For me... Lenz become my personal best bow in game... I'm not saying that Dread/Cernos Rakta are worse but Lenz gives me SO MUCH FUN I can't stop using it.

@Gamma745 Thanks so much! That clears it up! ^^

@Xyhon Aaaaaaaahhh i see. Thanks so much :D

follow-up questions though. Can i use the innate cold effect as a basis for a secondary element? like, if i just add toxin, it'll have innate Viral and Blast? and if so,Will all 3 instances of damage (the impact, cold and blast) have a chance to status proc?

Thank you guys again for replying ^^

1 minute ago, Noble006 said:

follow-up questions though. Can i use the innate cold effect as a basis for a secondary element? like, if i just add toxin, it'll have innate Viral and Blast? and if so,Will all 3 instances of damage (the impact, cold and blast) have a chance to status proc?

What I found is yes. The Cold damage will merged to become Viral (if +toxin). But the pulse when the sphere is generated (the visual blast indicator) will always Proc Cold regardless of mod.

Though it can Proc if you put the corresponding element, it won't be that often since the weapon itself only have 5% Status chance.

Anywho, I think the wiki can provide any more info that i might be missing:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Lenz

I see. i have already checked the wiki page but there were some things i did not understand, like those questions i had. Hmmmmm so Modding it with elementals is a bad idea coz the only sure proc is cold and blast and whatever elems i slap on top of it will just have a base 5% status chance? 

16 minutes ago, Noble006 said:

so Modding it with elementals is a bad idea coz the only sure proc is cold and blast and whatever elems i slap on top of it will just have a base 5% status chance? 

Not really.

Elemental damage does not equal status proc.

Damage means damage, status means proc

So... pure 90% elemental is way better choice here than those 60/60% dual stat mods.

16 minutes ago, Noble006 said:

I see. i have already checked the wiki page but there were some things i did not understand, like those questions i had. Hmmmmm so Modding it with elementals is a bad idea coz the only sure proc is cold and blast and whatever elems i slap on top of it will just have a base 5% status chance? 

Well, it's not exactly a bad idea since the damage is still there, just the Status proc won't happen that often.

Please note the difference between Status chance and elemental damage. Elemental damage means you will deal damage with the corresponding element, even with 0% status chance.

While status chance is the chance of various debuff being applied to the enemies. Each elemental damage has it's own corresponding status effect.