The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

If you've seen the recent dev stream you would have seen their new deluxe ember skin.  and i would have to agree with the entire comments section of it , and say that new ember skin is realy realy bad. like, it isn't worthy of the name "deluxe" skin. they should have kept the other skin design, which was perfect in my eyes. this looks more worthy of zephyr than ember.....

(this thing is sooo bad )

DS99-Ember-Deluxe-Model-1024x576.jpg

Just now, octobotimus said:

trust me, i looked into it, and it was dumb.  after seeing that skin still think DE could have done better than this punk rock chicken

There was nothing really dumb with it. The creator had creative differences with DE, creator left the team, and to respect the creator, they didn't use their skin. 

1 minute ago, FashionFrame said:

There was nothing really dumb with it. The creator had creative differences with DE, creator left the team, and to respect the creator, they didn't use their skin. 

ok, Great that they respected him and all, but are you seriously happy with the crap that replaced it?

1 minute ago, octobotimus said:

ok, Great that they respected him and all, but are you seriously happy with the crap that replaced it?

It doesn't bother me. I'm happy there's a deluxe skin, no one is forcing anyone to buy it. If it's too much of a problem for others, there's always TennoGen. 

understand how to make a good skin..... the nekros skin seems alright, why did they flop so hard with this one?

They did have to make an entirely new skin in a relatively short time period compared to the first. It's also not  that bad looking to me, the colors are just garish and the head thing looks kinda dumb. To me, Ember always had a weird head though. 

1 minute ago, octobotimus said:

understand how to make a good skin..... the nekros skin seems alright, why did they flop so hard with this one?

As I tell everyone, Fashion is subjective. What one sees as ugly, another will find beautiful. If you don't like it, that's fine, don't get it. DE can't pander to everyone. 

Just now, FashionFrame said:

As I tell everyone, Fashion is subjective. What one sees as ugly, another will find beautiful. If you don't like it, that's fine, don't get it. DE can't pander to everyone. 

the least they could do is pander to the majority, and not the select few who have a chicken/rooster fetish

the least they could do is pander to the majority, and not the select few who have a chicken/rooster fetish

You must be new. As Brsrkr stated above:

2 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Ember always had a weird head though. 

The rooster thing really hasn't changed, you can tell in all the designs it was KFC themed. 

And how can DE possibly pander to a majority when everyone's taste in fashion is different? You want majority? Red and black stalker look alikes. There's your majority. 

it's a good thing it's not done, because i'd feel really embarrassed to be the guy working on it and oking this... eh.. 'thing' to then later look at the sales for the thing, compare it to other frames with a deluxe skin and comparatively far lower usage rates to go "Damn, what a waste of time and effort"

when the frost skin was being released i didn't seem to notice a majority of hate.... yet this skin is a prime example of it.  hydroid looked like a realy bad frame, yet the majority liked his prime look. people may like different things but the majority liking something does happen in terms of fashion.

12 minutes ago, Stinker said:

it's a good thing it's not done, because i'd feel really embarrassed to be the guy working on it and oking this... eh.. 'thing' to then later look at the sales for the thing, compare it to other frames with a deluxe skin and comparatively far lower usage rates to go "Damn, what a waste of time and effort"

Well maybe one day DE will let deluxe skins be apart of Tennogen, and then you can put your money where your mouth is.