Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

14 hours ago, Heatnix. said:

Oh... my... Gods... Ember... what have they done to you? What did Ember ever do to deserve this punishment? Horrendous is the proper word. It's absolutely horrifying. Whoever designed this should be ashamed...

I think it hits harder because of the first design. We knew the possibilities and we were given the worst possible scenario. This is by far the worst design they've come up with: it's uninspired, it's convoluted and it's tacky as hell. TACKY AS HELL.

scurrd.gif

Lol Have you seen the volt one? Now thats ugly.

Ok, after a fresh cup of coffee and some fishing I am able to think this trough.

Dear DE, 
Some of the main reasons Ember Prime is such a well renown design, that is featured in many fan arts are the fact that the design is clean, yet has micro details, the helmet has the dreaded Mohawk, but since it is transparent flame it gives it an actual fierce elemental look.
Now I don't know what the Art Director thinks about the Deluxe skins, but one of the main points for us, the player base (and consumers) is that the deluxe skins gives alternative visual of the Warframe of choice, while giving a homage to stories, myths and legends (yes, including the Nova Deluxe skin). If the Ember skin is supposed to give homage to the Phoenix (a topic I am well versed in, due to personal interest), you missed it.  If the point was to give Ember an alternative look - guess what, you again missed it. Double down on one of the worst visual aspects of Ember (the frame that has 0 alternative helmets - Mohawk or burst), giving it details for the sake of details and honestly - did you create that thing just for the sake of existing?

Take this skin idea, fix the mesh and give it to Zephyr. 

PS: Credit where credit is due : The shoulders look cool.

Edit : This is how you can do a Phoenix Helmet that does not look obnoxious : 
106_tid_14-Valkyrie.jpg

Edited by phoenix1992

9 hours ago, Sonicbullitt said:

I agree whole heartedly, some times their designs are just a little too wacky like Saryn and Nova's. A lof of the original deluxe skins were made by the guy who did the ember concept I linked in my first post, a lot of them have this sleek and beautiful intricate design, that stands out but doesn't go increasingly over the top. I really wish they would give the players more choice to decide on art assets among other things. They don't even have to go with the original concept, but the current one is just too ridiculous and still looks too much like her base design except I actually think it looks much worse. 

I would not say that Saryn's deluxe is more wacky compared to Saryn herself, it also looks way more elegant and attractive. Orphid deluxe skin is one of the only Deluxe skins from DE I actually like(Save for Proto Excal but that is most-ly carry over from Dark Sector.), some clipping issues and out of place black growth on the right leg aside. I'd prefer that they get the artist who did that Orphid skin to do some more frames(Unless he is also responsible for these newer DE deluxe skins, then nvm.). I realy wish things with IgnusDei could be renegotiated too though. There is little reason that  paltry dispute can't be resolved and ultimately dropped so we can get more glorious designs.

Edited by UrielColtan

39 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Ok, after a fresh cup of coffee and some fishing I am able to think this trough.

Dear DE, 
Some of the main reasons Ember Prime is such a well renown design, that is featured in many fan arts are the fact that the design is clean, yet has micro details, the helmet has the dreaded Mohawk, but since it is transparent flame it gives it an actual fierce elemental look.
Now I don't know what the Art Director thinks about the Deluxe skins, but one of the main points for us, the player base (and consumers) is that the deluxe skins gives alternative visual of the Warframe of choice, while giving a homage to stories, myths and legends (yes, including the Nova Deluxe skin). If the Ember skin is supposed to give homage to the Phoenix (a topic I am well versed in, due to personal interest), you missed it.  If the point was to give Ember an alternative look - guess what, you again missed it. Double down on one of the worst visual aspects of Ember (the frame that has 0 alternative helmets - Mohawk or burst), giving it details for the sake of details and honestly - did you create that thing just for the sake of existing?

Take this skin idea, fix the mesh and give it to Zephyr. 

PS: Credit where credit is due : The shoulders look cool.

Edit : This is how you can do a Phoenix Helmet that does not look obnoxious : 
106_tid_14-Valkyrie.jpg

This. I want to pin it on the front page so bad.

I'm very sad and frustrated to consider this deluxe skin to be the first one that I find ugly. I don't just "don't like" it; I literally hate it. Ember was my main for a very long time, back from 8.0 untill maybe u20 or 21... I already bought some deluxe skins when I had the money and I was fairly certain that the blessed day that Ember would finally have its own I would insta-buy it. I'm sad to say it's not the case anymore because that freak skin made me change my mind, 180° turn.

10 hours ago, Teloch said:

I have to admit that DE's skin fits the overall warframe designs better. Yes, the previous iteration was much fancier, but the current skin also looks good, and what is important, doesn't look like a refugee from some fantasy universe aka Dark Souls setting

It fits in overall with Beast Machines, but people tend to want better with deluxe skins, which they are spending plat on.

Dark Souls actually has some pretty nice designs(With some certain inspirations from the likes of Berserk.) like Artorias, Ciaran, Lautrec, Gwyndolin, Vordt, the Dancer, Iudex Gundyr, or Boreal Outrider Knight, and a rather distinct visual style(Less cohesiveness with Dark Souls 2's, but 2 is still distinct in its own right, and it has some nice armors to find as well.), so that would honestly be a step up(Though I expect the Kuva Guards were probably influenced from Smough, another Dark Souls character.). You ain't going to be confusing it with World of Warcraft or anything, unless you have the poorest of attention to detail.  IgnusDei's skins didn't really look like anything from Dark Souls anyway, so don't know what you mean there. His art was more influenced from Kazuma Kaneko works.

Edited by UrielColtan

45 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

I would not say that Saryn's deluxe is more wacky compared to Saryn herself, it also looks way more elegant and attractive. Orphid deluxe skin is one of the only Deluxe skins from DE I actually like(Save for Proto Excal but that is most-ly carry over from Dark Sector.), some clipping issues and out of place black growth on the right leg aside. I'd prefer that they get the artist who did that Orphid skin to do some more frames(Unless he is also responsible for these newer DE deluxe skins, then nvm.). I realy wish things with IgnusDei could be renegotiated too though. There is little reason that  paltry dispute can't be resolved and ultimately dropped so we can get more glorious designs.

The reason i didn't like saryn's deluxe is because i think it took the "flower" theme too far by adding waaay to much flowy bits that dangle and clip through everything. It's too over the top and tacky for me. Though I won't stop you from liking it, even that skin is better than this one.

10 minutes ago, Sonicbullitt said:

The reason i didn't like saryn's deluxe is because i think it took the "flower" theme too far by adding waaay to much flowy bits that dangle and clip through everything. It's too over the top and tacky for me. Though I won't stop you from liking it, even that skin is better than this one.

Yeah, they got a bit carried away with the petals(Part of my mention of clipping issues.), they just need to trim some of that back(And that ugly black wart on the leg), and try to touch up any leftover clipping.

Edited by UrielColtan

I find it okay, odd colour of choice and wierd helm thought.

to fair preferer the old concept much more but with right helm and colours i think it will look pretty neat. Only deluxe skin i would deem bad is Volts one, seriously it so dull its out of this world

Is the original concept from the same artist that did the deluxe skins for Loki, Ash, Trinity, Mag, Oberon and Rhino? I hope this doesn't cause any problems with their future collaborations because his/her work is absolutely amazing. I started using those frames more only because they look gorgeous.

The new concept is hideous, by the way.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I see green

6 hours ago, MagPrime said:

The second picture wasn't posted when I commented.  The only thing in the OP was the original concept art, not the one they were actually talking about.  That was edited in later. 

6 hours ago, MagPrime said:

No, actually, the concept art the OP was talking about wasn't part of the post when I commented.  They edited that I'm later.  The only image that was showing for me was the original concept art by Ignis. 

Check for yourself.  My comments are time stamped 10 hours ago, their edit, where they flat out say they added the second image for clarity, was 5 hours ago.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Esper sparks96 said:

i feel like this skin is gonna turn into that d@mn striped shirt dress people wouldnt stop yacking about because of color dissagreements

The only reason color even came up was because OP didn't post a screenshot of the skin he was talking about in the first place, and I thought they were referring to the concept art that they had posted, which had no green.

They uploaded a screencap of the skin they were talking about AFTER all of this took place.  Check the time stamps.

19 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Might want to adjust your color settings or something, there is no green in that image.  Just white/blue/grey/red.

I'm not sure if someone's mentioned this to you already but he's talking about the photo of the ember deluxe in the devstream, where the colour is primarily green

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)FuriousALPH4 said:

I'm not sure if someone's mentioned this to you already but he's talking about the photo of the ember deluxe in the devstream, where the colour is primarily green

I hadn't had a second image, before I edited so they most likely thought I was talking about the Ignusdei concept for ember, the first image.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Glad theres already many other people posting about it so I don't have to. Ember is my favorite frame, and to see this as her deluxe is just... ugh. I love every other deluxe skin that's come out, and now we have this, and its just super disheartening. Please DE, don't release this.