Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

4 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

holy crap either my TN monitor needs more adjusting or I'm going color blind. I definitely see some very light blue/very light green in there.

There is blue and green in the default colours. You can borrow someone else’s phone or use someone else’s computer and it’ll still show. That poster was throwing a strop.

4 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

holy crap either my TN monitor needs more adjusting or I'm going color blind. I definitely see some very light blue/very light green in there.

The second picture wasn't posted when I commented.  The only thing in the OP was the original concept art, not the one they were actually talking about.  That was edited in later. 

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

There is blue and green in the default colours. You can borrow someone else’s phone or use someone else’s computer and it’ll still show. That poster was throwing a strop.

No, actually, the concept art the OP was talking about wasn't part of the post when I commented.  They edited that I'm later.  The only image that was showing for me was the original concept art by Ignis. 

Check for yourself.  My comments are time stamped 10 hours ago, their edit, where they flat out say they added the second image for clarity, was 5 hours ago.

Edited by MagPrime

2 hours ago, DALOS said:

The problem I see with ember deluxe has nothing to do with the skins themselves and more to do with the politics behind them. Everything about it was and still is shrouded in mystery and that deeply bothers me. More than it should.

All I heard from the original concept designer was that "bridges were burned", and now he's no longer with them. No reason was given for why they had to get rid of the old one as far as I know and it's just a scandal that lingers in the background.

As for the new skin, they said they were going to add more detail to it, so I remain optimistic as the only person who appreciates the detail and work put into the Nova skin.

it doesnt need more detail, its need WAY WAY LESS

11 hours ago, Sonicbullitt said:

You guys have to admit

I have to admit that DE's skin fits the overall warframe designs better. Yes, the previous iteration was much fancier, but the current skin also looks good, and what is important, doesn't look like a refugee from some fantasy universe aka Dark Souls setting

I am not going to say it is a "bad" skin because on technical level it is not.

I am going to say it is bland, boring and to some extend insulting. Ember is a Phoenix/Chicken - let's keep on abusing the crap with the theme. But not in a way in which it amplifies the Fire nature (like the Prime and some of the Tennogen skins), let's hammer down on the chicken part.

To clear things up, this is a post of opinion, and is not going to focus on the previous drama regarding old Ember deluxe skin's designer and DE, and the controversy brought by such drama.

Artistically, Ember deluxe skin is not up to the art standard of many people, myself included. Comments from YouTube Dev Stream video, as well as comments from videos regarding the dev stream, has speak out their voice that they do not like the new Ember deluxe skin design, and would prefer the artistic level of the previous Ember deluxe design to the least.

When compared to previous work of deluxe skin, the new Ember deluxe skin doesn't show similar level of design, from the colour scheme, to the appearance e.g. the head of the skin. It looks more like an early sketch of a possible design which could be way better.

As a plat-purchase deluxe skin, and with previous design having a good reputation, it is for sure that people would be expecting deluxe skin of high quality, quality similar to or better than the previous design. Yet the new deluxe skin design does not give us the promise we were expecting, and we believe that the deluxe skin could be of a better work then what we are having now as a design close to finalization.

Please consider re-design the Ember deluxe skin, as we really do put quality high up. Personally, I would rather wait for a longer time for better quality skin that makes me feel worth spending my plat and worth my anticipation than having to accept this deluxe skin as a final product.

11 hours ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

I think that when Ember first released and people joked about her being a chicken, this influenced someone on the art team years down the line to make her look like a rooster.

Image result for rooster

I think the skin works better as some sort of cruel joke. I like it.

Lol.  Oh lord, I have a concept in the works and could get torched  but this just made me laugh.

When Nova Deluxe came out, it looked like someone threw up a meal consisting of a low-budget Sci-fi space suit, a fly, and a box of crayons.

But then I saw how people adapted it in beautiful ways with analogous colors and alt helms.

Ironic that Octavia looks like a dead chicken skeleton with an AWESOME skin forthcoming...

The truth is that yes, I prefer the concept art shown before DE and the artist ended their partnership over creative differences.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

I like it better than the last design, I think it would look nice with different colors (and Geoff mentioned flame effects). I prefer Ember prime's appearance however so I probably won't get this (will at least wait for a 75% login discount).

if that skin is gonna have some flames like the prime it can be worth to buy (but i still prefer the prime helmet), but until we see it ingame we can only hope that they'll give us a skin worth of that plat

Usually like the Deluxe but MAN!! Rooster deluxe has nothing to do with fire, firey, flame-flamey. Oh well. I doubt they will change it. But I will bet plat it is the least purchased of the existing DX skins.

Edited by RawGritz

6 minutes ago, RawGritz said:

Usually like the Deluxe but MAN!! Rooster deluxe has nothing to do with fire, firey, flame-flamey. Oh well. I doubt they will change it. But I will bet plat it is the least purchased of the existing DX skins.

It doesn't have the effects yet, it's supposed to have fire like all other embers skins/helmets

I guess I like the body. Dislike the head so I'll just use some other head. The coloring is pretty meh but I see they're going for a chicken look so they totally aced that, sadly. I don't like chickens. They always try to eat me.
The new one compared to what it could've been? I prefer what it could've been. 

But I still kind of like it. I'll probably get it and try to get a phoenix-esque look for Ember for fun after seeing what it can look like later down the line with user-uploaded photos and stuff.

I seriously hope this isn't the concept they're going for, it looks disgusting. Has nothing special, no character, no passion... 

At this point, we're better buying Tennogen skins that artists actually took time in making and are freaking amazing. Some deluxe skins are a joke tbh compared to Tennogens.

I got one word for this new skin: Ech. 

I prefer the original design by ignusdei. It had a nice design but didn't have too much going on. This new one goes way overboard with the dumb chicken theme and has alot going on. 

The colors don't fit a fire themed frame. If they wanted to go for a phoenix look, they should have added feathers and changed the colors to red, orange, auburn, or gold or something along those lines. 

They need to get ignus back.

6 hours ago, Kasamoto said:

Ahhh dang, I just read up on the Ignus Dei thing that happened and here I was hoping for an actual deluxe skin for Nyx (not the masculine "proto" nemesis thing with the tail). I am sad to discover they parted ways with their ONE designer who was able to make smooth, sleek and symmetrical designs without overdesigning them.

Now I am no longer sure if I even want a deluxe skin for Nyx if it follow the same path of Deluxe Volt, Deluxe Ember and Deluxe Nova.

I bought the Tennogen Nyx Athena and it translates EVEN BETTER than in the pics.

Nyx Immortal Skin on her prime is also quite beautiful.

Nyx is stealth-top 5 fashionframe.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73