The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Extremely Low FPS

r3fLuX

o/   Hello there, dear Tenno's

Let me help you by skipping the part where You blame my PC : 
CPU : Fx6300 @ 4.1ghz - manual clock w/ Evercool Venti with Arctic F12pwm fan, temps doesnt go above 49.5 after an Hour of Prime95 /HPET is turned on from BIOS and Win/
MB : GB 970 UD3P - NB temps are below 55c 
RAM : Kingston Hyper-X Grey Kit of 2x4GB DDR3 @ 1600 1.65V cl9 
GPU : EVGA GTX680 SC with Accelero Twin Turbo II + Backplate - doesnt go above 69c during 2 hours of torture 
SSD : Sandisk Extreme Pro 240GB 
Latest drivers
Nvidia ctrl panel settings are set to High Performance and V-sync is turned completely off.
No GeForce Experience Installed.
As you can see on the following screenshot, there are exactly 0 issues hitting 500+ FPS
pCVUuSSYuqywv8JOxaQNl6YWx?token=eyJhbGci

While Im able to play Crysis 3 on Ultra with 45-50fps with everything turned to the max , incl supersampling
Farcry Primal - on high with stable 55fps and so on...
Im suffering from poor performance and low FPS during missions and raids in Warframe.
Neither CPU or GPU care to go over 60% usage at any given point.
here are some screenshots of the issue :
TGtKFzv4VEwN2IDK4mmeRgp5b?token=eyJhbGci

4ptan2DHYMqyUufn24Oks7rDj?token=eyJhbGciEwz3bOCGQWEsRscDZup5GpQSD?token=eyJhbGci
Cb60avp2qTakzNX8DnfsXtBd3?token=eyJhbGci

DE support is being completely useless in the past months/years of resolving this issue.
I want my FPS to be limited by my Hardware not by the poor utilization of Warframe itself !!!

Edited by r3fLuX

With your setup, you should have no problem reaching 60+ frames per second (anything 60+ is considered good, especially if your monitor is only a 60Hz one--if your monitor is 60Hz it means any framerate higher than 60 is resulting in excess frames being thrown away). So, a bit of troubleshooting:

• In your launcher options, make sure you have "DirectX 10", "DirectX 11", "64-Bit Mode" and "Multi-Threaded Rendering" enabled
  • Verify your game data by pressing the "Verify" button in the launcher options
  • Try disabling Tesselation & Nvidia PhysX in-game (and the in-game V-Sync, as that can override the Nvidia control panel selection)
  • Try unparking your CPU cores (tends to have less of an effect on AMD CPUs)

For sanity's sake, I'd recommend leaving V-Sync enabled, especially if your monitor is only supports a maximum of 1680x1050 @ 60Hz. Letting the framerate go higher than 60 on a 60Hz monitor means that you're not only losing any frames over 60, you're running your GPU ragged (and consuming more power than you need). 

@Letter13 lets see :)
Those are the "Only" things that i've tested so far, and I have a 120hz monitor.

Dx10 off Dx11 off 

Dx10 on Dx11 off 
Dx10 off Dx11 on 
Dx10 on Dx11 on 
64bit on/off 
V-sync On/Off NVCP+Ingame on 120Hz 
Using 2nd SSD just for Warframe 
Warframe on my HDD /5400rpm/ 
Removing every background program 
Using only Display Driver w/o Nvidia ctrl panel 
Changing every possible thing in the Display Options, including Resolution 
Changed my Mainboard with my old one. 
Enabled One Core Per CU which led to 1rst/3rd/5th working only 
Disabled 2nd/4th/6th core 
Changed my Fx6300 with my old Phenom II 965 BE 
Swapped my GTX680 with an GTX560 
Tested with my 2nd SSD and the GTX680 at a friend with i5-4460/GTX760 
Took his 760 to test on my PC 
Normalized my Fx6300 to 3400Mhz per core /stock frequency/ 
Went ham on it 5Ghz 1.55voltage 
Changing the power limit of the GTX680 to 132% 
Overclocked the GPU Core clock from 1006 to 1200mhz /went bit over voltage tho/ 
Changed my ram to 1333mhz 1.5v - moved it back on XMP Profile 1600Mhz cl9 
Dumped every setting off and "Low" from ingame , Nvidia ctrl panel everything off /sort of/.

In all of the possible variations , the fps was going up with maximum 10 at the choke points , even with the i5-4460
And as its already written , stop blaming my PC, its not that.

You seem to know well how your pc works, you may also know that AMD bulldozer core is not exactly a gaming beast, and Fx6300 is essentially a 3 Cores with 2 logical processors sharing resources on each core. Maybe warframe's workload bottlenecked somewhere along the cpu pipeline. As you stated, i5 4460 give you 10fps higher. But only because it run at 3.4ghz.

For reference, my system is somewhat similar to yours, i5 2500k @ stock clock, 8GB DDR3 1333mhz, EVGA GTX680. I havent tried Raids, but got 60fps locked everywhere, except for full Baro relay, might drop down to around 58fps. 

First of I tried using only "3" cores on each Module and its still the same, which means the utilization is bad cos in other games as stated above the CPU is able to go to 90%+ load w/o any problems.

How does exactly a CPU thats not used at 100% bottlenecks anything ? lol

6 hours ago, r3fLuX said:

First of I tried using only "3" cores on each Module and its still the same, which means the utilization is bad cos in other games as stated above the CPU is able to go to 90%+ load w/o any problems.

Your CPU not reach 100% shows that some parts of your core are standing idle, that's exactly how. Because when you disable 1 processor on each core, the shared parts are still in use and still have to work their butt off while not shared parts are still standing by doing nothing, disabled logical processors are non-shared parts. The bottleneck is inside your CPU.

Imagine this: your both arms and legs can pull up 60kg weight and carry it around easily. But in specific task, you're only allowed to use 1 arm, 1 leg and have to hop around, your max carry weight can be as low as 10-20kg. A quick and dirty example: Fx6300 have 2 legs, 4 arms on each core (each processor use 2 arms and share 2 legs with another), your friend's i5 cpu have 3 legs, 3 arms on each core. You can see higher fps delta if your friend's i5 can reach at least 4.1ghz, same as your fx6300.

If you don't understand how i explain things, you should put up this question with as many data you collected as possible on some tech forums like anandtech, hardocp ... maybe someone can explain it better.

But imo, ~45fps is not really "extremely low". But i do agree some part about optimization. Warframe is not optimized for FX Cpus, just like a whole lot of games out there.

12 hours ago, r3fLuX said:

The problem is not in your hardware or bad game optimization. My old rig (Phenom 2 x4 ~3.4Ghz, 4Gb DDR3 and AMD R9 280) run Warframe up to 100 fps with everything maxed out  and 1080p. Current rig (Intel CPU) make more fps even at high resolution and temp never exceed 40c bcoz load is like 50% per core.
Its maybe a software problem (stupid anti-virus, bad driver or Windows - wrong or bad settings, bad registry keys or/and files). 

@r3fLuX That's not my conclusion. All i did is state out the possibilities and facts about Fx CPU series that every gamer who cares about performance should know. And i also asked you to let somebody else to host raids and see if you get better performance, but you ignored that.

Here http://imgur.com/a/BGgka are my results. I ran 4 cores at first for maximum stable temperature, then disable 1-2 cores. Performance only really dip down noticeable with 2 cores affinity. I ran with maximum details possible, with PhysX and still have higher fps than your results - which are not maxed out. I still respect your opinion that Warframe is badly optimized, but at the same time, ask you to consider that your CPU is not extremely powerful as you may think.

Well , I know Fx6300 aint a beast, but it does decent job.
If i push the game @ Max after ~30 minutes my frame is locked below 80 too, so theres no actual difference, tho the GPU usage goes higher but neither hits 100% so ... utilization is bad.

53 minutes ago, r3fLuX said:

If i push the game @ Max after ~30 minutes my frame is locked below 80 too, so theres no actual difference, tho the GPU usage goes higher but neither hits 100% so ... utilization is bad.

Sell ur Fx CPU and buy Intel or AMD Ryzen. GTX680 is decent, but more than enough for Warframe. My GPU stay at 50c when I play Warframe and usage is like 60% maybe, not sure, but keep my fps high. Its not game fault, is your software. Check and recheck again.

7 hours ago, r3fLuX said:

Nope it's different. Ran the test again, and I'm not locked below 80fps like you said, my pc gots around 67-100fps during ~40 minutes running the stress test. Besides, I'm not cherry picker, so i uploaded the ~80 fps picture. Here is ~40 minutes test http://imgur.com/a/ffUra

Anyway, its getting pointless from here, so this is my last post in this thread.

On 8/21/2017 at 5:35 PM, r3fLuX said:

Since you didnt provide any info to cover what u've said again... take a note and stop posting useless things :)

Here  @r3fLuX 
nG09SPG.pngBzLB8AF.png5AO7tPp.jpg

Just I dont have time to wait more. The rig: Asrock mobo, Intel i5 ~4.0Ghz, corsair vengeance 2x8gb, jetstream gtx1060, WD black HDD, cooler master kit, silent pro gold 600w 
The good news: You have a point, maybe game need a few tweaks in optimization. Test start from 160 fps and drop around 100 fps after 20mins.(jumping from 90 to 105) 
The bad news: You run a decent rig, but if you want more fps, buy new hardware, its a simple as that.
And NO, DE didnt neglected Warframe.

Yes they did tho :) since the utilization is that bad tho.
You actually proved my point too, which is very nice from your side.
V-core Voltage 0.87 means the CPU isnt even running at max frequency and u still get dips in the FPS.
Thanks for the post too.