Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival thoughts

Einzelganger

Played a bit of survival this weekend and noticed that some people don't
seem to know about the reward intervals, so I saw lots of 12 mins or 23 mins in,
players wanting to leave.

One guy hardly made 5 mins "I have the Argon I need, can we go now"
I did ask to finish once because it was like level 100+ bombards and my weps did nothing
and the only reason I was alive cos I Nidus leeched onto them ;)

So how about letting players bug out as they want
without annoying the rest of the team?

Then I guess the question is do you let another player drop in?
and do you adjust the enemy scaling?

What do y'all think?

The main problem i guess is letting someone leave without causing reward issues, on Defense or Interception you get a break and pause to leave, with Survival people could kill and lets say Credit drops already get shared anyway, could cause issues due the data amount from the server, not to speak also about Host migration issues as we even have with Defense and Intereption where it also can ruin the reward or loot table.

Overall, they consider it and work on it, we do want it but not buggy do we? Simply needs alot of testing i assume while als working on new Updates and already existing bugs and issues.

Its being worked on, but for now i think the best way is to talk to your team at the start and ask everyone how much time do you want to spend here. Im sure noone will mind if youll want to end at 20(rotation C), but people will have problems with 15 or idunno, 35.

Leaving after Rotation C is the safest bet for everyone.

52 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

Its being worked on, but for now i think the best way is to talk to your team at the start and ask everyone how much time do you want to spend here. Im sure noone will mind if youll want to end at 20(rotation C), but people will have problems with 15 or idunno, 35.

I always ask when I'm pubin' and if with clanners or friends it's generally understood we go to minimum of 20 unless something else is going on. (Alerts some one else logging in and so forth.)

9 hours ago, Savire510 said:

If you're staying to 20, it makes no sense to leave until 25

Edited by Troll_Logic

I personally do not even answer or even react to these types of messages. My reasons :

- Player is smart enough to get into a public run knowing he will go through the survival easier with the help of other randoms to go through 5 minutes or a little more.  that's leeching.

- Obviously it's a public run.  the only thing you can count on is for 2 players to want to leave and that's the only fairness you will  have.  

- You want to farm your argon?  do it with friends or play solo.  in the case where a majority was there just for argon I just restart another mission.  

BUT, for players who want to stay longer and b sure they will not get interrupted, friends are useful too.

On 21.08.2017 at 1:30 PM, Marine027 said:

The main problem i guess is letting someone leave without causing reward issues, on Defense or Interception you get a break and pause to leave, with Survival people could kill and lets say Credit drops already get shared anyway, could cause issues due the data amount from the server, not to speak also about Host migration issues as we even have with Defense and Intereption where it also can ruin the reward or loot table.

Overall, they consider it and work on it, we do want it but not buggy do we? Simply needs alot of testing i assume while als working on new Updates and already existing bugs and issues.

My thoughts of realization -
The player (1, 2 or 4) goes to the place of evacuation. The timer after 10 seconds starts an evacuation script as on Defense/interception, but without awards. Profit!!!

Мои мысли о реализации -
Игрок (1, 2 или 4) идет в место эвакуации. Таймер после 10 секунд запускает скрипт эвакуации как на Обороне/Перехвате, но без наград. Profit!!!

Edited by Malkavian407

• 1 month later...

I was just wondering on the, if it is possible for DE to put an option at the beginning of the mission where you can select the time for the first extraction.     

let's say you want to do a long survival mission you set the minimum time at 25 min and only after 25 minutes does the extraction appear.

also make so that the matchmaking in public match people with the same minimum time and that by default it is at 5 min and can be incremented 5 min at a time (5-10-15-etc)

i don't know if it is possible to make a script like that but it would allow people to be place on a team matching their objectives