Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Real Talk DE : Revert the Kuva Siphon location Indicator when the mission begins !

Doomsknightmare

:angry: This is seriously annoying, DE ! You guys did a good job last time when u fixed this issue by showing the location of Kuva Siphon at the start of the mission, but WTH ?! U guys SCREW UR OWN FIX after 24 hours by releasing another patch that removed the location indicator when the mission starts, making Kuva missions in Ceres & Sedna & many other planets 100% CANCER again ! There're so many small rooms in the tileset and you need to search every one to find the Siphon, and sometimes even after you already searched every weird corner you still can't find it ! Totally waste of time, honestly I'd rather just rush to the extraction point and start another mission.

Edited by Doomsknight

7 minutes ago, Doomsknight said:

lol a "bug" ? And DE "fixed" this "bug" only to make Kuva missons annoying again ? Because they want to slow down our Kuva farm again ?

yes mate, it was an actual bug, it wasn't supposed to happen.

and as for how "difficult" it is to find the kuva siphons, most missions are linear enough that you are basically forced to encounter the siphon during the course of the missions. The only missions that are generally sprawling enough to require you to do some actual searching are the endless mission types, and you cant just rush to extraction on those missions so you have time to search

8 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

yes mate, it was an actual bug, it wasn't supposed to happen.

and as for how "difficult" it is to find the kuva siphons, most missions are linear enough that you are basically forced to encounter the siphon during the course of the missions. The only missions that are generally sprawling enough to require you to do some actual searching are the endless mission types, and you cant just rush to extraction on those missions so you have time to search

You don't farm Kuva often, don't you ? Try some linear missions like Capture in Ceres and you'll see :)

33 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

you do realise the kuva siphon marker appearing prematurely was a bug, right?

It being a bug doesn't suddenly make it a bad thing. It should have stayed that way. There's no reason to make people search for something when it's the entire point of the mission-- you don't see people joining a flood and running just the mission and nothing else.

No, they don't always spawn on the way to the mission objective and/or extraction. Yes, they sometimes flat out simply do not spawn at all. There are certain tile sets (Grineer Shipyard, Corpus Ice Planet Outdoors) where the siphon is so far off the beaten path that players often miss them entirely and spent upwards of 5 to 10 minutes backtracking looking for that one door they may have missed.

There's no good reason not to mark the siphons except people being stubborn.

57 minutes ago, Doomsknight said:

You don't farm Kuva often, don't you ? Try some linear missions like Capture in Ceres and you'll see :)

So i did 3 (it stopped spawning kuva on lex so i couldnt keep testing) each time i found the siphon easy peasy, 2 times it spawned 1 room off from the room the capture target was in, and once 1 room off from the room the capture target can escape from i really cant see the problem here, im sorry but its really not that hard

edit: in the space of 50 minutes i completed 3 ceres kuva captures, 2 ceres kuva rescues, and a sedna kuva exterminate (waiting for lex to kuva itself up again)

Edited by DeckChairVonBananaCamel

As DeckChairVonBananaCamel said, the UI indicator appearing from the beginning of the mission was a bug.

However,

On 8/23/2017 at 6:38 AM, Chipputer said:

It being a bug doesn't suddenly make it a bad thing. It should have stayed that way. There's no reason to make people search for something when it's the entire point of the mission-- you don't see people joining a flood and running just the mission and nothing else.

Yes, the Siphon usually spawns between spawn and ext.
No, it doesn't always.
There have been several occasions where my pug ended up spending ~8-12 minutes looking for a Siphon before finding it.
(Yes, I know we could just have aborted. Sometimes people did.)

So, if DE doesn't want to give the indicator from the beginning, how about a compromise:
If the Siphon wasn't found within, say, 4 minutes, have it force-appear.

The reward schedule is a minimum of 5 min per, going by Surv/Int.
From start to completion, assuming no misses, a siphon takes 125 seconds (+25 seconds per miss).
4 min + 2 min puts you comfortably past the 5 min per reward schedule, while saving your players frustration in the outlying cases where the Siphon's playing hard to get.