Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

eidolon meta?

NovusKnight

lately, the idea of an open world got me thinking - what effect would it be in what is considered "balanced" or not?

in the end, i feel like most abilities are designed for the usual hallway shooting cqc battles from normal levels. And that makes sense. the transition to open world seems like a pretty crazy thing.

for instance, the snipers. Often seen as clunky garbage for corridors (personally only the vulkar versions feel remotely comfortable to shoot in confined spaces) they could easily be a godsend in this kind of map. Imagine a "Death Gun" sniper build of an prowl Ivara and a Lanka at max zoom levels (since the distance justifies this) and navigator. This is actualy a build I've used a couple times to solo Sergeant assassinations in sorties (red crit gas proc Lanka with navigator multiplier and prowl headshot bonus makes for grossly high DoT) but obviously, it is way too specific to be used normally, and feels useless in 90% of the tilesets.

a lot of underused frames and weapons could easily come into the spotlight. Varied builds as well. I don't find a lot of range builds on novas, but here, it would be justified thanks to portals. Zephyr on the other hand could have a lot of advantages with that much space to maneuver in the air. And snipers would likely see some use. 

what are your thoughts, people?

does that necessarily make every exalted blade excal user a Bleach fan? :P i like the character designs in GGO and SAO, shame they are wasted with such horrible plot and lackluster worldbuilding.

but like, could you stay on topic, please? This is on Levels for a purpose.