The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Once And For All, Can We Please Sort Out Mod Management?

Altissimus

Won't happen, similar mod UI suggestions were made constantly back when the mod system were introduced, and pop up in feedback every once awhile.

I'm all for it, and it makes perfect UI sense, but up to this point I don't recall DE having acknowledged it even once (someone please correct me if I'm off), considering how long it's been I'd consider it a permanent pain we'll live with.

Won't happen, similar mod UI suggestions were made constantly back when the mod system were introduced, and pop up in feedback every once awhile.

I'm all for it, and it makes perfect UI sense, but up to this point I don't recall DE having acknowledged it even once (someone please correct me if I'm off), considering how long it's been I'd consider it a permanent pain we'll live with.

Yup you are correct. This has been a constant pain and mentioned before. However, it was never addressed or offered any insight on whether they will work on it.

Shouldn't this feature be one of the most basic, essential features? I hate when the timer is counting down and I would like to change my loadouts or add mods in between boss runs. It simply takes too much time, nobody enjoy clicking through each page of their mod to find the one they want to equip.

No one.

And can we add the feature to unequip a mod by simply dragging it into the space beside it? I hate wanting to switch off a mod and the only way to do it is go to the last page, unequip it, go back to the mod I want to equip it. I just wanna look for the mod I want to equip, drag the mod I don't want to the side (unequiping it), then pull the one I want up.

Yup you are correct. This has been a constant pain and mentioned before. However, it was never addressed or offered any insight on whether they will work on it.

It has been discussed during livestreams.

Also, the "loadout" system was implemented for a few hours (when the U7 got released, if my memory serves me right).

Not sure why it got removed right away, but I'd assume cause it wasn't ready it.

How does everyone have so many pages of mods?

I just have one of every mod, and one of every power for the warframes I own (now mostly maxed other then the ones with > 5 levels), and I fused the rest.  Actually the current "most recent" mod order is fine for me as every time I complete a mission the last half dozen or so mods after the installed ones are the ones I picked up.  I just fuse the lot into whatever I am working on and jobs done.

Anyway a big + for loadout.  I want named loadouts I can pick between missions.  Perhaps I see a list of drop downs:

Complete Loadout: <dropdown list>

Warframe: <dropdown list>

Primary: <dropdown list>

Secondary: <dropdown list>

Sentinel: <dropdown list>

Equipment: <dropdown list>

For each of the warframe, primary, secondary I can have a named loadout that picks a weapon and a specific set of mods.  e.g. "Sobek Infested" gives me a sobek with all the infested killing mods I picked.  "Saryn defense" gives me a saryn setup for defence.

The "Complete Loadout" is a drop down that allows me to pick a set of named loadouts - e.g. I might have one called "Infested Defense" that picks "Saryn Defense", "Sobek infested", etc.

Edited by DeathByDribbling

Personally, if they'd just stop listing duplicate mods on the equipment screens and just allow us to equip mods regardless of what ever stored weapon/frame they are equipped on I think I'd be perfectly happy. Seriously, why can't I just have my serration, split chamber, etc equipped on my Braton, and then when I switch weapons, it's automatically there in the pool to be used again? If I pull my Braton back out? Bam, it's still set up exactly the way it was when I put it away. Sure, you'd have to make exceptions for mods that had been ranked past available mod points, or sold/fused away, but it would be such a simple no hassle solution.  Sure, if I wanted to swap around roles, I'd still have to move a few cards around, but for the most part I don't change out whole loadouts on a weapon or frame, I generally have a set loadout with maybe one or two wildcard slots that change around.

This idea honestly seemed so intuitive to me that I was completely blown away when I bought my first weapon change and the mods in my old weapon didn't just show up available to be equipped on the new one. I've been shaking my head ever since over how unintuitive and clunky this whole "drag all my mods off, change weapons, drag all my mods back on" interface is. Just seriously stop making inactive equipment hold mods already.

one of the two following ideas will save modding time by..a LOT

1. Search engine. Let us search the damn mods we want to look through, not 10 pages of shock mods.

2. Folders. Designate folders to let us store our most used mods into it so we can clearly swap them between frames in less time than searching through 10 billion pages. Give us one folder and if we want more dedicated folders, we gotta pay platinum.

Please. Very please.

I don't want to browse through ~40 pages of mods if I'm changing my frame.

well... since this was completely wrong to begin with and after month where nothing happened i started upgrading all mods i need several times and put them in several warframes. i guess DE never had a look how this mechanic appears to one with more than 10 mods. and although the community is sceaming for this to change since the very beginning, DE focuses on new tilesets... YAAAAAY!

Well i dont have that much trouble with more than 40 mod pages (even if i know alot of people who have)...i just fuse them after every mission and i agree with DeathByDribbling.

But what i hate the most, is when im done with 2-3 missions and fuse the crap load of mods i dont need, somethimes i oversee a maxed mod between the 50-70 other mods and its gone -.-

Dont you guys of DE think you would save a lot of time to get those mods back for all the people in the support section if you would just fix that mod system in a few days ???

That cant be too hard and you would even help yourself and your costumers with a bit of thinking =)

1) We need a button that sorts mods by polarity.  Please.  This would save SO much time.

combinations of sorting would be nice too, like being able to sort polarities, AND alphabetical. 

with stages based on how you click them, so you can prefer different priorities. meaning you could first sort alphabetically and then polarities, or polarities and then alphabetically (and any other mixture for that matter).

but mostly i ALWAYS want alphabetical, so i can find S#&$ when mods are sorted in any other form that's currently useful to me.

while we're at it, maybe we should have a search box that live updates.

and although the community is sceaming for this to change since the very beginning, DE focuses on new tilesets... YAAAAAY!

uhhh, no. no matter WHAT Digital Extremes does first, people will always complain about everything else they aren't doing right this second. 

they can't do it all at once, they need to choose something, do it / fix it, then choose something else. 

rinse and repeat.

you can't expect everything to get done at the same time. it's illogical.

Edited by taiiat

I think this is coming soon, will emphasize the rest, sorry about the bump, but relevant topic for sure!

Thank you kindly for replying, and delighted to see this has now been observed.  Look forward to seeing it in a Community Hot Topics coming soon!

Anyway a big + for loadout.  I want named loadouts I can pick between missions.  Perhaps I see a list of drop downs:

Complete Loadout: <dropdown list>

Warframe: <dropdown list>

Primary: <dropdown list>

Secondary: <dropdown list>

Sentinel: <dropdown list>

Equipment: <dropdown list>

For each of the warframe, primary, secondary I can have a named loadout that picks a weapon and a specific set of mods.  e.g. "Sobek Infested" gives me a sobek with all the infested killing mods I picked.  "Saryn defense" gives me a saryn setup for defence.

The "Complete Loadout" is a drop down that allows me to pick a set of named loadouts - e.g. I might have one called "Infested Defense" that picks "Saryn Defense", "Sobek infested", etc.

Bump.. I want this!!

DE please make it happen.. it hurts having to switch weapons and sieve through loads of mods all the time. Sometimes I give up all together.

I cannot wait for the profiles to come in. You have no idea how many parties break up because one person decides mid-missions to go change weapons or frames and spend the next 15-20 minutes making everyone wait to install mods.

>_< Stick to a couple of frames people!! It's not hard to get one frame ready for say Defense and use other frames for other missions. Constantly changing mods around between missions is annoying and disrespectful to other players that may not have much time to play.