Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for Chroma's 1

kapn655321

In region chat, someone summed up something I felt was always wrong with chroma..
"Chroma should make you feel like you don't need weapons."

Ok, so.. I think we can all agree that Chroma's 1 is Hot Wet Sticky Garbage. Right?

If his 1 was a melee stance (similar to valkyr or wukong), and as part of the combos, he'd puke his energy type.
Maybe as part of a grab? That sounds pretty brutal to me.

In general, I see Chroma as a mess of a frame. I know, I know.. you could do a cookie cutter Frost build... I hear you..
But is that it? I wanted to gear my Chroma for his 1, and electric. Spoiler, it is not even remotely worth it.
He'll be reworked eventually, I'm sure. In the meantime it's fun to speculate or day dream.

On that note.. could we just fixed range everything on him?
I mean, if he's so deeeeeeply dependent on Str and Dur, then there's no room for range.
Need armor, str, dur, vitals.. and Whoops, builds done. Efficiency? Range? Cast Speed? Run Speed? No room.

Thinking elemental ward should be native to his Sentry... maybe an add on like Oberon's armor buff synergy is somehow?
Spectral Scream needs some serious meat on it's bones though, 'cause it's just scant, and a waste of energy and time as is.

The biggest problem, in my opinion, with Spectral Scream, is that it is a melee ability that completely disables your mobility. Not only does that make you a sitting duck for all incoming fire, but it just allows enemies to literally -walk- away from you to reduce your damage output by 100%.

An option for a rework is a bile spray, where instead of simply doing damage in a cone, he leaves behind a trail of elemental damage bile. Fire will leave burning oil, electricity will leave charged plasma, cold will leave ice patches and poison will leave toxic sludge. Range would become irrelevant and duration would get extra value. Not having mobility then also becomes less of an issue as the ability's purpose changes from attack to control.

That said, Chroma could stand to get some attack power, as all he currently has is his Effigy.

Chroma's Spectral Scream: 

Spoiler

should have damage which stacks and is based on enemy stats over time, and should be channeled.
The toggling factor would allow Chroma to swap through four elements. These elements would be colourable in the Appearance tab.

Chroma's new passive:

Spoiler

is the ability to adapt to damage - but only the one damage type can be negated at any time (and this changes randomly based on the top damage type, but only negates a small amount due to the Pelt being so heavily modified; effectiveness increases with Power Strength, Spectral Scream, Elemental Ward, and Vex Armor).

Chroma's Elemental Ward:

Spoiler

now has an alternative action (hold to charge up) activates the ability to fly; causing the Effigy's wings to spring to life. This allows Chroma to fly (as if he's stuck in a permanent aimglide that falls in the direction preferred, so up if holding [jump] for example) at a continuous drain to energy. Using Spectral Scream in this mode increases its range and damage due to amplified power drain.

These changes in my opinion would, firstly, link his pelt closer to the Sentients - a Conculyst, warped and twisted into a worthy pelt.

On 8/28/2017 at 10:11 PM, Nadhua said:

Why not make it like the effigy's scream where it stuns surrounding enemies?

That's true. Or have crazy long status chance or something.

On 8/27/2017 at 7:11 PM, (Xbox One)eibonMadness said:

I would like to see Chroma's #1 be more like the dragon shouts from Skyrim. A wave of energy that was more about applying status effects on enemies than damaging them.

If you could switch between a number of options like Vauban's 2 or Ivara's quiver thing.

I'm not picky about it. In general that move is just a bummer. Hope it gets some love soon. =)

On 8/27/2017 at 6:24 PM, Colyeses said:

The biggest problem, in my opinion, with Spectral Scream, is that it is a melee ability that completely disables your mobility. Not only does that make you a sitting duck for all incoming fire, but it just allows enemies to literally -walk- away from you to reduce your damage output by 100%.

An option for a rework is a bile spray, where instead of simply doing damage in a cone, he leaves behind a trail of elemental damage bile. Fire will leave burning oil, electricity will leave charged plasma, cold will leave ice patches and poison will leave toxic sludge. Range would become irrelevant and duration would get extra value. Not having mobility then also becomes less of an issue as the ability's purpose changes from attack to control.

That said, Chroma could stand to get some attack power, as all he currently has is his Effigy.

The enemies walking away is a great point.
Imagine taking flight or something while you have on the husk armor, and something else instead without it.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 8:57 PM, kapn655321 said:

That's true. Or have crazy long status chance or something.

If you could switch between a number of options like Vauban's 2 or Ivara's quiver thing.

I'm not picky about it. In general that move is just a bummer. Hope it gets some love soon. =)

Honestly I would prefer Chroma being able to switch elements mid mission in some way or another. He is the master of the elements after all.