The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nukor, the best weapon for Harrow?

Fallen_Echo

With the right mods this weapon can reach x10.8 crit damage multipler with Harrow you can get 50% base crit chance bonus on bodyshots and 200% crit chance on headshots.

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Nukor/t_30_22323232_193-0-5-195-6-5-203-4-5-204-3-10-206-1-5-487-2-10-605-5-10_193-6-206-6-487-8-204-7-203-5-605-7-195-6-f-f/en/3-0-48

With this build you can deal 1065 base damage and with a crit shot you will deal 10650 damage, on a headshot you will deal 21300 total damage.

In theory this should be the best secondary for him right?

Indeed, Nukor has great Crit Damage potential. Unfortunately, it has nothing on the secondaries with like 4x higher base damage, or those that have better stats overall and like 2.5x-3x critical multipliers.

Think about it, why would I choose something with better Critical Damage, when I can choose something with far better base damage, Crit Chance and limitless range? Even considering Harrow's Crit Chance potential, it will still fall short.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

^this

the nukor has limited range, and low damage.
take euphona prime, 325 damage, with a base 30% crit chance and a 2,5x multiplier, it's gonna hit harder and it's more easy to get headshots
or aksomati, less damage 18, double fire rate, 3x multiplier, as euphona much easier to get headshots (shoot and pray and gg)

even if the nukor is still quite precise (and just find that enemies hitted by it gets 50% more damage from consecutive hits)

Ultimately no, the Nukor can provide fair numbers but like Leonhart explained above, it still falls short due to the stats of other stronger weapons.

For the sake of perspective with an example, if you want some on-paper numbers using Euphona Prime built for its primary fire;

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Euphona_Prime/t_30_03322222_193-5-5-195-0-5-204-4-10-206-6-5-209-1-5-487-2-10-543-7-10-605-3-10_195-11-209-6-487-8-605-7-204-7-193-6-206-6-543-6/en/3-0-85

60376.425  total damage

144903.420  burst dps

73930.316  sustained dps

That's without a headshot mind you, and without Harrow's bonuses added in for the weapon.

The Nukor "can" work with Harrow, but it's about a mile and a half away from what an actually already good weapon can do with his buffs backing it.

3 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

Try Dual Toxocyst or Acrid with corrosive, radiation is pretty useless against most of the enemies.

yep, only some heavy grineer is weak to it, and it's a good effect vs infested to stop healers auras, but s**ks in term of damage (and it's not even good on spreading the radiation proc to stop the aura)

9 hours ago, Bobtm said:

Ultimately no, the Nukor can provide fair numbers but like Leonhart explained above, it still falls short due to the stats of other stronger weapons.

For the sake of perspective with an example, if you want some on-paper numbers using Euphona Prime built for its primary fire;

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Euphona_Prime/t_30_03322222_193-5-5-195-0-5-204-4-10-206-6-5-209-1-5-487-2-10-543-7-10-605-3-10_195-11-209-6-487-8-605-7-204-7-193-6-206-6-543-6/en/3-0-85

60376.425  total damage

10 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

^this

the nukor has limited range, and low damage.
take euphona prime, 325 damage, with a base 30% crit chance and a 2,5x multiplier, it's gonna hit harder and it's more easy to get headshots
or aksomati, less damage 18, double fire rate, 3x multiplier, as euphona much easier to get headshots (shoot and pray and gg)

even if the nukor is still quite precise (and just find that enemies hitted by it gets 50% more damage from consecutive hits)

burst dps

73930.316  sustained dps

That's without a headshot mind you, and without Harrow's bonuses added in for the weapon.

The Nukor "can" work with Harrow, but it's about a mile and a half away from what an actually already good weapon can do with his buffs backing it.

10 hours ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Indeed, Nukor has great Crit Damage potential. Unfortunately, it has nothing on the secondaries with like 4x higher base damage, or those that have better stats overall and like 2.5x-3x critical multipliers.

Think about it, why would I choose something with better Critical Damage, when I can choose something with far better base damage, Crit Chance and limitless range? Even considering Harrow's Crit Chance potential, it will still fall short.

It sounded soo good that i finally found a legit usega for this niche weapon, but after i slept and thinked it thought i too realised that even if i could get a 300% crit damage 200% damage riven for the nukor it would stay fall behind on what others are capatable off.

As per title Best weapon? I say No

Per opening comment, best secondary weapon? No unless it suits what you want

To me Harrow's Biggest weakness is lack of range in killing/dealing damage.

This can be addressed to an extent with some guns like Ignis/Lenz/Kulstar/Acid Shell Sobek, but still makes it difficult to out damage/kill other players to utilize his Healing and Energy support.

•Certain Strong Disposition Melee weapons better address the issue as you attack through walls/upper-lower floors, without being limited to line of sight and also have range further than Exalted Blade's 40m Wave Blade.

Also because of Blood Rush every Melee weapon can utilize Harrow Covenant Retaliation crit chance buff to get into Red-crits.

Scoliac with Riven that has +Range and +Chance for Slide-attack to be a critical allows for room clearing attacks. 

Serro, Tonbo, Kesheg, and Guandao also allow for serious damage dealing.

Lacera is my personal favorite as without Madurai passives you still get access to Impact & Slash procs via Defiled Snapdragon combos. 

Madurai passives on Serro with a +Crit Damage and +Range Riven can be quite ridiculous.

That said which ever weapon best suits your play style would be best. (I think high Status with Crit damage pairs best with Harrow, Aracane Avenger, or a Kavat)*

My current Harrow Lacera Riven

iVIH0EC.jpg

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi