Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival not dropping enough life-support for sustainment while useing melee (solo play)

1 minute ago, (PS4)theelix said:

I do hour runs constantly with my Excalibur, whom I have 86% usage rate. I've stayed long enough in all survivals that I like, even Kuva and I'm not familiar with it. But it's quite clear that you don't actually have the equipment necessary to actually do endurance runs solo. 

I dont have the equipment for it ? Heres a slow clap for you my dear tenno :clap:, because that deserves an oscar trophy for the biggest assumption of this month. You honest made me laugh for little bit , your a comedian in real life? alright , well how about you try out a simple 4h hours survival at MOT void and tell me how it goes while in solo mode without a fissure. 

52 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Well, that's your problem. As much as I love Lesion (my most used melee weapon in over 1500 hours of playing Warframe), it has short range and is less effective for quick killing. 

On a low-mid level survival, particularly on Saturn, you are not out-killing an Ember with that melee weapon. That's a fact. WoF will kill enemies you can't even see. I'd actually be hard-pressed to find ANY weapon that out-kills an Ember at Saturn levels. Even Ignis has a definite cone of effectiveness.

If you want some advice, get a melee with much longer reach. Atterax is a good start, as well as really powerful with a decent build. Lecta is also good. Orthos Prime, Guandao, Mios, Lacera, Jat Kusar, Vaykor Sydon, all good picks and have excellent range for killing enemies. Just something to kill more than 2-3 enemies at a time. You'll notice a difference in effectiveness when you can kill enemies more efficiently. Just because you can 1-shot them doesn't mean it's the best OR the most effective. 

Thank you for the advice.

1 minute ago, (PS4)jesuimaneribas said:

I dont have the equipment for it ? Heres a slow clap for you my dear tenno :clap:, because that deserves an oscar trophy for the biggest assumption of this month. You honest made me laugh for little bit , your a comedian in real life? alright , well how about you try out a simple 4h hours survival at MOT void and tell me how it goes while in solo mode without a fissure. 

Glad you see how I felt when I read this joke. 

53 minutes ago, (PS4)jesuimaneribas said:

Everyone disagreeing with this tenno and saying they dont run out of life support in survivals hasn't clearly stayed long enough in the survival.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

I do hour runs constantly with my Excalibur, whom I have 86% usage rate. I've stayed long enough in all survivals that I like, even Kuva and I'm not familiar with it. But it's quite clear that you don't actually have the equipment necessary to actually do endurance runs solo. If you can't get enough life support, you just shouldn't be there. End of story. 

I am glad that you can maximize your Excal. However, the ending of your statment sounds elitest, and is not needed. Not getting enough life support in my eyes is better than getting killed. I have no poblem surviving, that is not the issue here. If I stated that is was too hard, and I coulde not survive, I would welcome that comment, but this is not the case. Not dropping enough life support to survive is a diffent senario. 

Edited by (XB1)Bipolar Nucleus

1 hour ago, (PS4)jesuimaneribas said:

Everyone disagreeing with this tenno and saying they dont run out of life support in survivals hasn't clearly stayed long enough in the survival. As a player who does endurance survivals both solo and squad i do have to say that solo mode survival and spawn rate within the rooms is crucial. I have tested with all my frames , and they all have the same outcome just some are easier to survive then the others. Nodes such as palus gives less life support, Mot gives alot of support but doesnt give  enough life support modules in solo mode, also at zabala or nimus is easier i must say. Infestation life support modules is constant due to the fact theres some many infested coming within your direction. But i personally dislike infestation survivals because they become a pain to deal with after levels 500 to 1000 ( to much toxic and eximus etc). 

So my whole point is yes life support in solo mode is a problem and i wish we could have a option whether we want to have as much spawns rates then we would have in a squad survival. But theres a difference when you use naramon tree in survival and when you stay visible at all times. The game registers where you were last seen or where you last killed the enemy so all the enemy normally follow that direction. This is why when you camp with a squad the enemies come towards you easily and but sometimes this is bad because the enemy gets stuck along his way to you. Which causes delay of the spawns , but then they will eventually come towards you again after they decide to autocorrect their path. Theres many and many scenarios that i personally have seen on the game while doing solo survivals , but DE once agains says warframe is Co-op game therefore the chances of them working in the solo survival is slim. 

After reading this, i did a couple more runs, and do notice a lack of enemies to kill. I did both stationary, and roving. I could not find enough enemies to keep up the life support needed for sustainment.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Bipolar Nucleus said:

Do youself a favor, DO NOT EVER RE-ARRANGE SOMEONES WORDS! I DID NOT EVER SAY "FIX IT" I simply asked to look into it. There is a huge difference between the two. Un-f**k yourself before you put words in someone elses mouth.

Just to clairify, I can kill faster with Inaoros than I can with Ember WoF. Not that I need to justify anything to you, but for the sake of people like yourself, I will gladly make an acception.

Chill out.

You're asking them to "look into" something that isn't a problem. You're killing faster with Ember than you are anything else whether you're admitting it or not. That's the problem. Killing more gives more life support. And yes, there is also an RNG factor.

What do you think, "look into," implies, anyway? You want them to just go, "well we looked at it," and walk away from it? No. You want something done about it. You want it fixed. You wouldn't be asking them to look into it otherwise.

11 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Chill out.

You're asking them to "look into" something that isn't a problem. You're killing faster with Ember than you are anything else whether you're admitting it or not. That's the problem. Killing more gives more life support. And yes, there is also an RNG factor.

What do you think, "look into," implies, anyway? You want them to just go, "well we looked at it," and walk away from it? No. You want something done about it. You want it fixed. You wouldn't be asking them to look into it otherwise.

Looking into something does not mean fix. Have you ever looked into something and found that something may have been wrong, or not? Codeing itself is a beast, and any looked over string could pass a test, but result in something for instance, AoE damage attracts more enemies than melee. Where as the correct string could send the same amount of enemies to the fixed a point. See the difference? 

Also, what floored me about your post is how you said it. I do not appreceate people re-wording what I say. If I wanted them to fix something becasue I was ignotant enough to think i am bette than their Dev team, I would have put it on here. If you read the entire post of this, there are tennos that have given advice, and I hvae welcomed it and appreceated it. Telling me to chill out because you think putting someone elses words into your own does not sit well, and it is out right uncalled for.

Edited by (XB1)Bipolar Nucleus

8 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Glad you see how I felt when I read this joke. 

Ah your sense of humour is depressing if you found that a "joke". I dont judge you tenno, after all you can sit on your miserable empire and pretend you know better.:satisfied: Its a open forum where we give our knowledge regarding to the game. If you have nothing relevant to say , then dont say nothing at all. But please do try out the challenge of 4h and see how much life support you get. 1h survival is not that much ( choose any frame and i will do that 1h while having breakfast), thats simulacrum room max level if your mr 24 ( level 150). 

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Bipolar Nucleus said:

After reading this, i did a couple more runs, and do notice a lack of enemies to kill. I did both stationary, and roving. I could not find enough enemies to keep up the life support needed for sustainment.

You can kill as much as you can , but the lack of enemy is one of the main problems in life support during solo mode. My other tip for DE is since we cant adjust the spawn rate of the enemy they can increase the life support module drop chance or whenever a life support module drops instead of increasing 4.67% life support , it should be 8 to 12%.

Sometimes it's about the tileset and your movement in it. Try to find the best spots to farm on.
I pretty much find a medium sized room with at least 3 doors to other rooms and try to go back and forth on 2 of them. That is usually enough to keep the flow of mobs close to you and if something goes slow, theres the third door to try and keep some more mobs coming. 

It's true that lower levels have low mob count and the earlier in the mission you are, the slower the flow. Maybe some higher life support drop rate on the 0-15 minute mark would do the trick. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)jesuimaneribas said:

Ah your sense of humour is depressing if you found that a "joke". I dont judge you tenno, after all you can sit on your miserable empire and pretend you know better.:satisfied: Its a open forum where we give our knowledge regarding to the game. If you have nothing relevant to say , then dont say nothing at all. But please do try out the challenge of 4h and see how much life support you get. 1h survival is not that much ( choose any frame and i will do that 1h while having breakfast), thats simulacrum room max level if your mr 24 ( level 150). 

You can kill as much as you can , but the lack of enemy is one of the main problems in life support during solo mode. My other tip for DE is since we cant adjust the spawn rate of the enemy they can increase the life support module drop chance or whenever a life support module drops instead of increasing 4.67% life support , it should be 8 to 12%.

With Ember, I may not be able to kill as fast, but I can kill more at one time, due to the AoE. So for instance Embers WoF can get kills 15 per second, so the flood will be 15 enemies per second, due to the kill count, increasing your life-support pack drops, where a melee will get 5 enemy kills per second leaving you wilth only one third of the drops, resulting in a slower enemy rate and life support drop rate. If there was a constant instead, lets say 10 enemies per second (using an average) constant regardless of AoE or melee kills, the drop rate would balance between the two, and melee survivablity would increase. 

10 minutes ago, lordfezero said:

Sometimes it's about the tileset and your movement in it. Try to find the best spots to farm on.
I pretty much find a medium sized room with at least 3 doors to other rooms and try to go back and forth on 2 of them. That is usually enough to keep the flow of mobs close to you and if something goes slow, theres the third door to try and keep some more mobs coming. 

It's true that lower levels have low mob count and the earlier in the mission you are, the slower the flow. Maybe some higher life support drop rate on the 0-15 minute mark would do the trick. 

Thank you for the advice, I will be sure to try that.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)jesuimaneribas said:

I said something relevant, respectfully. I told OP this seems to be an isolated issue, and that I don't happen to be experiencing it. We're not talking four hours here, OP is dealing with small numbers, so I said forty-five minutes is easy and I never had experienced this problem with a frame he mentioned. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Seems to be an isolated issue, because I've never had a problem passing the forty-five minute mark due to life support solo. My main is Excalibur, so... 

And yes, I meant with melee.

But someone decided that everyone who disagrees obviously hasn't actually done endurance survivals. 

So I said you clearly don't have the equipment which is why you can't get life support to spawn while solo.

It's called sarcasm. And this is called irony, because the numbers you're talking about right now (lolol I can do hour runs for breakfast) are currently S#&$ting on OP's inability to get past the forty-five minute mark. Good job. 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

It's called sarcasm. And this is called irony, because the numbers you're talking about right now (lolol I can do hour runs for breakfast) are currently S#&$ting on OP's inability to get past the forty-five minute mark. Good job. 

Alright dear tenno. Now im understanding your statements , you have to remember that everyone reads differently. This is why misinterpretations happens.

Hopefully we are all on the same page now, and the back and forth can subside. Unfortunately, words can be misleading, they cannot articulate what we mean, unless actually said and heard. If you want to be sarcastic, that is fine, plaease note that, so others are nt mislead. I do not mind sasrcasm, or irony. It makes the post more entertaining.

From other Tennos, it sounds like, at higher levels, there really is no life support problem. As i did mention at the begining, this is a lower level survival. I might not have the mods set up or proper load out for the higher content yet. I just recently unlocked Pluto. I am only an MR10, and use to play WF PC 4 years ago, and just got back in maybe a month or two ago. So I am still learning the ropes, for the game. I know this may not hold a lot of relevance, but for some, knowing is half the battle. 

I was also using Saturn to level Inaros from 19 to 30 in which worked. But with the lack of life support I was having, I had to leave every 15 min. His health never deopped below 2800 from 3900. And as i stated befor, I was one shotting lvl 41 Eximus with a lvl 22 Inaros. 

On 8/28/2017 at 4:01 PM, (Xbox One)Bipolar Nucleus said:

Are you running Enemy Sense or Enemy Radar?

Maybe odd advice, but games seems to better increase enemy spawns especially solo when using Enemy Sense and/or Enemy Radar.

Galatine with tempo royale kite them and herd them up and just spam it.

Try to avoid open areas where you can. Try and funnel them into tight corridors. Move on when mutalist moas start spamming their yellow goo.

Try not to stay in one spot to long and don't let ancients bunch up and buff each other. You see an ancient take them out first. If the enemies are thinning out it's probably the pathfinding bug causing them to walk into doors.

Enemy sense definitely helps track the stragglers down.

Maximise galatines attack speed with fury and berserk and proc mod it for the enemies you face.

I can usually get away with using amprex until 20 minutes then the DPS drops off and I switch to melee.

Hope this helps.

On 8/29/2017 at 11:39 PM, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Are you running Enemy Sense or Enemy Radar?

Maybe odd advice, but games seems to better increase enemy spawns especially solo when using Enemy Sense and/or Enemy Radar.

Hide contents

No I am not running with either of thoes. The mod setup I have does not have any room for it. Thank you for the yourtube vid, and advice.

On 8/31/2017 at 4:56 AM, SilverRook said:

Galatine with tempo royale kite them and herd them up and just spam it.

Try to avoid open areas where you can. Try and funnel them into tight corridors. Move on when mutalist moas start spamming their yellow goo.

Try not to stay in one spot to long and don't let ancients bunch up and buff each other. You see an ancient take them out first. If the enemies are thinning out it's probably the pathfinding bug causing them to walk into doors.

Enemy sense definitely helps track the stragglers down.

Maximise galatines attack speed with fury and berserk and proc mod it for the enemies you face.

I can usually get away with using amprex until 20 minutes then the DPS drops off and I switch to melee.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for hte advice. It will help for the Infested runs.

Update: I leveled a Rhino Prime up. Got him suited and modded, also got an Orthos Prime, level and modded that as well. I did the Saturn Infested survivability, and lasted 35 minutes. Rhino is a beast, and his survivability ws amazing. I was getting enough life support to last as well. I left because I was not prepared for the lvl 55+ with what I had.

I want to thank you all for listening, adding inputs, and giving advice. You all are a great community.

19 hours ago, (Xbox One)Bipolar Nucleus said:

Update: I leveled a Rhino Prime up. Got him suited and modded, also got an Orthos Prime, level and modded that as well. I did the Saturn Infested survivability, and lasted 35 minutes. Rhino is a beast, and his survivability ws amazing. I was getting enough life support to last as well. I left because I was not prepared for the lvl 55+ with what I had.

I want to thank you all for listening, adding inputs, and giving advice. You all are a great community.

Thank you for this follow-up post.

Glad you did not get fed-up and were willing to test 'the workarounds' for Solo Survival capsule drops.

Really enjoy hearing that some of the advice from others allowed you to overcome the issue you were having.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi