Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seer Sucks.

Aspari

Oh no not a precision weapon that takes (le gasp!) precision! Making it AP damage would take away it's role as a skill weapon and make it just another brainless blaster. There are a ton of those already.

Even it's reload speed isn't as bad as I was expecting from all the whining.

I do agree it could use a polarity (something other than V though, I'd suggest -) and a moderate crit chance. 10% maybe.

Still not faring as well as I want it to be against the acrid

That is a ferociously unfair comparison. The Acrid is the most powerful handgun in the game, nothing is going to compare favourably. It also takes waaay longer to get. From a starting players perspective the Seer is the first rare/special they can get, since all it needs is farming Vor a bunch. Getting Acrid needs buttloads of Control Sensors and Plastids. You can't look at it as an end-game gun because it isn't.

I do agree it could use a polarity (something other than V though, I'd suggest -) and a moderate crit chance. 10% maybe.

It not like sobek at all that was vender trash to start with. It is likely within 10-20% of the power range it should be for a good side arm. If they give it a polarity I can bet it will be on a spot I already used a forma.....I would rather they give it 5-10 more base or a small AOE range. It wouldn't need critical and pistol critical mods are lack luster for how many mods points they use.

Edited by LazyKnight

AOE has the same problem of Armour ignore. It changes it from a precision weapon to a blaster, only it would make it worse because AOE in this game only affect the "body" area, so it could never make headshots.

It's already a good handgun. It just isn't as 'great' as a couple of high end ones that are way harder to get.

It's already a good handgun. It just isn't as 'great' as a couple of high end ones that are way harder to get.

There are no high end side arms in the same bracket and honestly I wouldn't care if they gave this a master rank 2-4 so they could buff it. Despair and Seer are 100% equal in how difficulty it is to acquire them. You do not even need to kill stalker yourself just train NPC on him. It should be high end really, LEX has been the only option for sniping other than that kick up kraken.

Also just thought of this, I only had to kill 20 harmless balloons for a powerful vandal snipetron.

I wouldn't mind if it did serrated blade damage or anything else. I am just sick of normal weapon damage that lose 90%+ of its normal damage on level 100 armored NPC and only the AP damage from no-return is still hurting the NPC.

Edited by LazyKnight

Oh no not a precision weapon that takes (le gasp!) precision! Making it AP damage would take away it's role as a skill weapon and make it just another brainless blaster. There are a ton of those already.

Even it's reload speed isn't as bad as I was expecting from all the whining.

Takes about as much skill as a Lex, maybe a little more. And that weapon's easy. Don't see a problem by changing it to physical impact damage and giving it a relatively small AoE.

Don't see a problem by changing it to physical impact damage and giving it a relatively small AoE.

I do see a problem, I guess we'll have to wait and see what the Dev's do. If anything.

AoE have no manual targeting and will hit the torso of the enemy (fanny pack on corpus moa's) and follow the body part multipliers for that body part. So an AOE would make it waaaay worse.

About the only thing that should probably happen to Seer -- is that it should gain the ability to crit.

0% base crit chance is a horrible decision unless we're talking about a really special weapon (which Seer is not).

I honestly had to put a catalyst and a forma into Seer to actually be able to say that I liked it. Considering the amount of time it can take to get it, Seer really isn't that great. I expected it to be on par with Prime and Stalker weapons, due to its rarity, but I was sad to find out that it wasn't even close.

This gun is in need of a major buff, fast. Change the 0% crit chance, add armor ignore, and maybe even throw in some small AoE with that explosion. I don't care what you do, DE, just fix this weapon as fast as you can.

Oh no not a precision weapon that takes (le gasp!) precision! Making it AP damage would take away it's role as a skill weapon and make it just another brainless blaster. There are a ton of those already.Even it's reload speed isn't as bad as I was expecting from all the whining.I do agree it could use a polarity (something other than V though, I'd suggest -) and a moderate crit chance. 10% maybe.That is a ferociously unfair comparison. The Acrid is the most powerful handgun in the game, nothing is going to compare favourably. It also takes waaay longer to get. From a starting players perspective the Seer is the first rare/special they can get, since all it needs is farming Vor a bunch. Getting Acrid needs buttloads of Control Sensors and Plastids. You can't look at it as an end-game gun because it isn't.

I went through alot more pain getting the seer than the acrid.

Even then, I like to see guns for the game play they represent, this is a gun that takes more skill to use effectively due to the lack of AI, but the reward for this skill to consistently aim for weak spots doesn't even match up with the acrid remotely.

i still like the armor reduction with consecutive shots idea. it would make Seer different. 

and the base damage does seem to just be minorly subpar. 

if AoE wouldn't cause problems, it would also be a good feature, since it's still a unique thing really, nobody uses thunderbolt. 

Edited by taiiat

I'd like to knock this out of the way now: Seer taking skill doesn't give it an excuse to be weak for the grinding the player has to endure to make it. Furthermore, the Seer's projectile explodes when it hits something. So it would only make sense that it to deal physical impact damage instead of bullet damage. No other weapon that isn't hitscan does bullet damage. They all do physical impact. So why not the Seer? It doen't even shoot bullets. It shoots beams.

Is it just me or does the projectile seem to decelerate over large distances? It makes leading properly at a variety of ranges really a pain. It should accelerate like Sniper Crewman shots or stay constant. It may be a "better Lex", but Lex has really nifty hitscan...

Is it just me or does the projectile seem to decelerate over large distances? It makes leading properly at a variety of ranges really a pain. It should accelerate like Sniper Crewman shots or stay constant. It may be a "better Lex", but Lex has really nifty hitscan...

The shots are very slow, dread does the same thing if you shot it across the map. If you use barrel diffusion when hip firing the bullets have so much drift one looks drunk. It really is a weird gun in bullet behavior overall.....

Edited by LazyKnight

What makes you think that? It looks like explosive shells to me. Nowhere is it called an energy weapon.

It just say orokin-grineer hybrid, I would assume it just used bullets that are somehow energized. For all I know he stole the parts from a corrupted so it just as likely a mixed weapon.

it's working as intended i think, drop from the 1st boss of the noob planet what did you expect ?

plus the bullet aren't explosive, they break on impact doing this effect, and prooving it doesn't do much damage ^^

but yes this gun is very bad, even with potatoe and the mods i use on my acrid to kill ancient lv 100 in a few shots , the seer can just kill some lv 30-40 easy

but well as i said 1st boss drop, don't expect much ^^ ( he drops cronus too :p nobody asks for cronus buff)

Got it to 30 and will not use it untill its buffed, reload is a tad bit to slow but the higher damage compared to lex is not really so as it has no crit chance, travel time is not the biggest problem.

What WAS a problem for me was that it looked like that when fired longer range the hits where to the left of my pointer... so its a "sniper" pistol and it doesnt shoot straight... gotcha