The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advanced frame synergies?

Fallen_Echo

Today i was looking throught all the frames i have realized something. Apart from some neat combo and squad setups our frames dont really have synergy with the others.

For example lets look at Saryns Molt, it creates a decoy what blows up into toxins when it gets triggered or loses its hp.

Wouldnt it be cool if other frames with targetable attack could cast them on the molt to add more effects? Volt could shock it and when it gets triggered it could deal additional corrosive damage.

Or lets look at Hydroids tentacles, they are made of water (or something similar) wouldnt it be cool if frost could freeze them so they would deal harsh impact damage and cold when they slap the ground?

The rumblers from Atlas could be enforced with the razorwings to make them into moving blenders or Nekros could soul punch them to create a more devastating explosion when they deactivate.

Currently the best combo i know in this game is the immortal nuke team what needs max p. strenght nidus, octavia and equinox with a high duration and range limbo, but this is not a real synergy this is just careful planning.

True enough, this was something I noticed for a while as well.  

An example I would add is something simple like having Frost's 'Freeze' an enemy and then an Ember's 'Fireball' used on that target to create a cold/Blast effect, damaging/affecting other enemies.

Then again, it was only with more recent frames and revisit tweaks that DE started implementing more self-synergy, so eh.

Would encourage these if it addressed some of the rarer buffs the game has to offer, like lowering enemy accuracy, status immunity, maybe a increased chance to drop one particular resource (as opposite to increasing every drop chance, like the current metas), Mirage for instance used to benefit from reduced damage while under eclipse when Volt used Overload (discharge) because it would set many portions of map in the dark.

As for any form of damage modding, elemental abuse, any damage scaling at all. Big No. The game doesn't need any more of that, if fact it needs less. Kill the meta.

Edited by Duduminador

I believe this wouldn't work with Ember's accelerant positively at any point.

Just to think of an example.

Though the idea is good, maybe are the Warframes themselves that need to be tweaked a bit to fill into this kind of synergy without destroying their scaling (which would happen with Ember).

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Today i was looking throught all the frames i have realized something. Apart from some neat combo and squad setups our frames dont really have synergy with the others.

For example lets look at Saryns Molt, it creates a decoy what blows up into toxins when it gets triggered or loses its hp.

Wouldnt it be cool if other frames with targetable attack could cast them on the molt to add more effects? Volt could shock it and when it gets triggered it could deal additional corrosive damage.

Or lets look at Hydroids tentacles, they are made of water (or something similar) wouldnt it be cool if frost could freeze them so they would deal harsh impact damage and cold when they slap the ground?

The rumblers from Atlas could be enforced with the razorwings to make them into moving blenders or Nekros could soul punch them to create a more devastating explosion when they deactivate.

Currently the best combo i know in this game is the immortal nuke team what needs max p. strenght nidus, octavia and equinox with a high duration and range limbo, but this is not a real synergy this is just careful planning.

All the "elemental frames aready have "add X" damage type to allies augments and you can combine them to form the combo elements. Frost and Ember can make everyone do extra blast damage for instance...Ember and Saryn can make everyone do extra gas damage and so forth.

51 minutes ago, Andaius said:

All the "elemental frames aready have "add X" damage type to allies augments and you can combine them to form the combo elements. Frost and Ember can make everyone do extra blast damage for instance...Ember and Saryn can make everyone do extra gas damage and so forth.

But thats not frame synergy, as far as i know giving extra fire damage to a frost wont make his skills deal fire or blast damage.

It'd probably get really complicated if you did it on a case-by-case basis. You'd need a list of Every power, being combined with every power.

Also, if some combos turned out to be stronger than others, squad planning could end up with its own metas, and thus make recruiting a squad all the more demanding.

"You're trying to join our squad, but you don't even have a *eg, Nova* to contribute to the *eg, Nova+Rhino+Loki+Saryn* Combo? Sorry man, but I don't wanna gimp myself just so you can join."

Then again, it could just end up being like Guild Wars 2, where each power is assigned certain flags: "Projectile" "AOE" "Elemental" "Physical" etc.

When 2 abilities with flags interact, they receive specified buffs, based on their flags: [Projectile] + [Fire-field] = [Projectile] gains Fire DoT effect.

10 hours ago, Andaius said:

latest?cb=20160209133855latest?cb=20160209134452

On some one they will deal blast damage in there attacks.

Yes with their guns and swords but not with their skills.

5 hours ago, chainchompguy3 said:

It'd probably get really complicated if you did it on a case-by-case basis. You'd need a list of Every power, being combined with every power.

Also, if some combos turned out to be stronger than others, squad planning could end up with its own metas, and thus make recruiting a squad all the more demanding.

"You're trying to join our squad, but you don't even have a *eg, Nova* to contribute to the *eg, Nova+Rhino+Loki+Saryn* Combo? Sorry man, but I don't wanna gimp myself just so you can join."

Then again, it could just end up being like Guild Wars 2, where each power is assigned certain flags: "Projectile" "AOE" "Elemental" "Physical" etc.

When 2 abilities with flags interact, they receive specified buffs, based on their flags: [Projectile] + [Fire-field] = [Projectile] gains Fire DoT effect.

Well in the first case they could do the riven mod approach and make underused frames create neat synergies to encourage more people using them.

The latter sounds fine.

Also if DE's problem would be that they would gain nothing from this, they could just make a buyable expensive item in the market what enables the user and his team to get the synergy and lets say it gives +50 hp. It could be bought for 300 plat or can be created for 10 argon, 100 mutagen sample, 20 orokin cell and 5 tellurium.

Ember0s Fire Frenzy on Atlas Rumbler: Magma Rumbler (fire damage to melee enemies, creates patches of fire where it attacks)

Frost's Freeze Force on Rumbler: Avalanche Rumbler (creates mini avalanches and freezes enemies that melee it)

Saryn's "can't remember the name of the augment" on Rumbler: Gas Rumbler (rumbler with gas geisers that periodically deal gas/toxin damage to enemies)

etc etc etc

3 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Ember0s Fire Frenzy on Atlas Rumbler: Magma Rumbler (fire damage to melee enemies, creates patches of fire where it attacks)

Frost's Freeze Force on Rumbler: Avalanche Rumbler (creates mini avalanches and freezes enemies that melee it)

Saryn's "can't remember the name of the augment" on Rumbler: Gas Rumbler (rumbler with gas geisers that periodically deal gas/toxin damage to enemies)

etc etc etc

Now thats what im talking about!

it would be cool to see some Warframe synergies, here is a link for another game that has them.

How it can be implemented is an ability is activated by a player, and then a pop-up appears on the crosshair/reticle for the other players in the match, stating that activating with a synergizing action will activate an additional affect for that action, so existing actions can be what gets augmented.

So something like that could be interesting in Warframe, and maybe even to expand on some of the existing Augments so that they are actions that we can choose to use randomly in missions over having to use a slot.

As for Augments, I had hoped that they would make a bigger change with a trade-off in what is transformed.

3 hours ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

it would be cool to see some Warframe synergies, here is a link for another game that has them.

How it can be implemented is an ability is activated by a player, and then a pop-up appears on the crosshair/reticle for the other players in the match, stating that activating with a synergizing action will activate an additional affect for that action, so existing actions can be what gets augmented.

So something like that could be interesting in Warframe, and maybe even to expand on some of the existing Augments so that they are actions that we can choose to use randomly in missions over having to use a slot.

As for Augments, I had hoped that they would make a bigger change with a trade-off in what is transformed.

As much as i despise the ESO i have to say that they have some really neat combos there. Would love to see our powers actually combine into something new and powerful.