Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Missions: Please learn how to do them BEFORE you go out to farm them

Nez-Kal

So, after running into another group on Public made out of players who didn't know how to capture Kuva clouds (On Eris, not Venus or something, so, really not much of an excuse on their part), I feel I have to make a public service announcement.

Please learn HOW to play Kuva Siphon missions before you go to farm it. Seriously. It's not that hard. You're playing Warframe that means you have access to the internet. To Google. To Youtube.

Don't expect that you can just continue going into Kuva missions and that everyone else there will carry you. I mean, what will you do when you go into a mission with another person or group of people that are exactly like you, and have no idea what they're doing. Just stare at each other awkwardly?

And also, don't throw a fit when the one person who DOES know what to do stops capturing Kuva halfway-through. They don't owe you anything, and certainly don't HAVE to carry you through the mission if they don't feel like it.

Edited by Tangent-Valley

And of course there's always the in-game tutorial and intro missions that explain how everything... oh, wait, right.  The game explains *nothing* about Kuva and Rivens, it's just something that exists once you finish War Within.  And of course, elite players are far too busy being awesome to explain anything.

Honestly, it's the same deal as with any other mission type.  If you don't like the random people you get by random matchmaking, you *also* have options.  You could play invite only with clan and friends, or solo them.  (Some people solo Sorties everyday.  I'm not that awesome, but apparently some people are.)

If the people you are being teamed with bother you because they lack experience, you could teach them.  If you don't want to teach them, you can avoid them.

Edited by EmberStar

On 9/1/2017 at 6:35 PM, Tangent-Valley said:

So, after running into another group on Public made out of players who didn't know how to capture Kuva clouds (On Eris, not Venus or something, so, really not much of an excuse on their part), I feel I have to make a public service announcement.

Please learn HOW to play Kuva Siphon missions before you go to farm it. Seriously. It's not that hard. You're playing Warframe that means you have access to the internet. To Google. To Youtube.

Don't expect that you can just continue going into Kuva missions and that everyone else there will carry you. I mean, what will you do when you go into a mission with another person or group of people that are exactly like you, and have no idea what they're doing. Just stare at each other awkwardly?

And also, don't throw a fit when the one person who DOES know what to do stops capturing Kuva halfway-through. They don't owe you anything, and certainly don't HAVE to carry you through the mission if they don't feel like it.

We need a copypasta post on spy

My problem is that the game doesn't explain jack all about kuva missions. They should implement a quick tutorial quest or something, anything, you have to complete before you can do a public kuva mission. I don't mind teaching people how to do them, but for real the game does a piss poor job of explaining anything and needs to stop relying on the wiki and the internets to teach players how to perform a mission.

Edited by nickelshark