Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back Void Keys..

Oksanya

1 minute ago, Gamma745 said:

Trade off?

• You can get even the Rare Prime part much faster compared to the Void key system.
  • You can play on different tilesets, fighting different enemies, play different missions

And you have to farm Void Traces? Which part of the game said that? Whoever said you can't use intact Relic?

In order to increase your chances at getting said rare part/piece you'll need to upgrade your relic and to do that you need void traces. You'll have to run missions more than needed with just a standard relic.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Deathscythex01 said:

This entire game is nothing but one massive grind wall. The new content they put out is just there to distract you from that fact.

But Void Keys didn't do anything differently. Literally the only difference between a Void Key run and any other mission was that the Void Key was in the Void, and the Void isn't even that special enemy-wise. Meanwhile, Sorties offer hard missions with modifiers that can force you to change your playstyle, Rivens open up a whole world of organic build potential, Bounties at least offer free-roaming, the ability to do side stuff between objectives and a variable mission chain, and I don't need to explain how Trials are different to normal gameplay. Everything is a grind wall, but Void Keys were a boring grind wall.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Deathscythex01 said:

In order to increase your chances at getting said rare part/piece you'll need to upgrade your relic and to do that you need void traces. You'll have to run missions more than needed with just a standard relic.

You need to run missions to get traces, but a) not all Prime parts need upgraded relics to farm, and b) you earn relics regardless of what type of Fissure/Relic you are running. Trace farming is a side activity to Prime farming, not a different path that seriously hinders you. In any case, I'd rather run side missions to build up a decent chance for the thing I really want, than just endlessly slam into a wall until a 1-2% drop chance finally succeeds and I get what I want after very long periods of getting nothing at all.

That's the other thing, even if you fail to get the part you wanted from any level relic, you can still earn some Traces on the side, which allow you to indirectly progress through Prime farming. The old system was all-or-nothing, and when you only had a few parts left to get, it was horrible.

9 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

But Void Keys didn't do anything differently. Literally the only difference between a Void Key run and any other mission was that the Void Key was in the Void, and the Void isn't even that special enemy-wise. Meanwhile, Sorties offer hard missions with modifiers that can force you to change your playstyle, Rivens open up a whole world of organic build potential, Bounties at least offer free-roaming, the ability to do side stuff between objectives and a variable mission chain, and I don't need to explain how Trials are different to normal gameplay. Everything is a grind wall, but Void Keys were a boring grind wall.

You need to run missions to get traces, but a) not all Prime parts need upgraded relics to farm, and b) you earn relics regardless of what type of Fissure/Relic you are running. Trace farming is a side activity to Prime farming, not a different path that seriously hinders you. In any case, I'd rather run side missions to build up a decent chance for the thing I really want, than just endlessly slam into a wall until a 1-2% drop chance finally succeeds and I get what I want after very long periods of getting nothing at all.

That's the other thing, even if you fail to get the part you wanted from any level relic, you can still earn some Traces on the side, which allow you to indirectly progress through Prime farming. The old system was all-or-nothing, and when you only had a few parts left to get, it was horrible.

As I said they are putting out content to turn your eyes away from the fact that the entire game is one massive grind wall built upon RNG

5 hours ago, (PS4)Deathscythex01 said:

As I said they are putting out content to turn your eyes away from the fact that the entire game is one massive grind wall built upon RNG

Well I'm happy with being distracted if the distraction is fun, unique gameplay.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Deathscythex01 said:

Well if you like to play broken games kudos to you.  

So the entire game is broken, and the only solution is bringing back Void Keys? I didn't think they were that much of a draw. 

"Warframe: Ninjas Play Keys"

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Deathscythex01 said:

If it was enjoyable to everyone then everyone would be playing it right? Clearly it isnt as enjoyable for others as it is for you.

The point of contention was 'putting out content to distract you from the grind'

Grind is only bad if it's obnoxious. If you're not noticing it, or it's not obnoxious, it's not bad.

Oh boy, relics made grind less obnoxious. Funny, isn't it?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Deathscythex01 said:

If it was enjoyable to everyone then everyone would be playing it right? Clearly it isnt as enjoyable for others as it is for you.

This argument is technically true for literally any statement, but it's a really bad argument. Enjoyment is subjective and it's pretty much impossible for EVERYONE to enjoy something, but we can still do stuff based on the MAJORITY. If most people like Relics over Keys, then relics stay. If most people prefer Keys, then I imagine DE would have done a reversion, or at least a massive overhaul of Relics, a long time ago. Relics have been out for over a year, and the vast majority of people enjoy them, either with or without comparison to Keys. You are allowed to dislike them, but understand that not everything is going to be perfect for you. I don't understand how people like Nezha, but if people like him then let them.

Edited by YUNoJump

On 10/28/2017 at 1:07 AM, YUNoJump said:

but we can still do stuff based on the MAJORITY.

This is also part of the problem because the MAJORITY is the pc players where warframe started. In warframes case its split between PC and console not casual and hardcore. If DE were truly listening to the majority which is the casual player base then we wouldnt be arguing right now. 

Since in this case the majority is PC DE listens to PC more than console and since this is the case they shouldnt have pushed warframe to console but I digress. As you said to each their own. 

Hey, remember that time Syndicates gave you 5 T4 Keys for 15k standing? Remember how many keys people had because of that? Some people going around with more than 1200? I myself had 80 Defense keys. Remember what happened because of that? How they had to dump ALL the new drops in T3 because T1 and 2 was too easy and T4 meant essentially nothing? Yeah, I don't particularly like that. 

On 04/11/2017 at 4:19 AM, (PS4)Deathscythex01 said:

This is also part of the problem because the MAJORITY is the pc players where warframe started. In warframes case its split between PC and console not casual and hardcore. If DE were truly listening to the majority which is the casual player base then we wouldnt be arguing right now. 

Since in this case the majority is PC DE listens to PC more than console and since this is the case they shouldnt have pushed warframe to console but I digress. As you said to each their own. 

So you're saying that a large majority of console players prefer the old system? Do you have anything to actually back that up other than "console is more casual"? In fact, do you even have anything to back up the idea that "casual" players prefer the old system, a system that required you to play for a solid 20-30 minutes before you even got a chance at certain parts?

In the current system endless rotations don't matter, you have just as much of a chance to get a rare part at 5 minutes as you do at 50, and the chances for rare parts aren't any lower than they were in the old system, even before the inclusion of Traces.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2017 at 12:59 AM, YUNoJump said:

So you're saying that a large majority of console players prefer the old system? Do you have anything to actually back that up other than "console is more casual"? In fact, do you even have anything to back up the idea that "casual" players prefer the old system, a system that required you to play for a solid 20-30 minutes before you even got a chance at certain parts?

In the current system endless rotations don't matter, you have just as much of a chance to get a rare part at 5 minutes as you do at 50, and the chances for rare parts aren't any lower than they were in the old system, even before the inclusion of Traces.

Please show me in everything that I have typed that I once typed "the majority of console players prefer the old system over the mew one".

As I already posted to each their own. If you like the direction this game is heading then good for you. I personally dont which is why I stopped playing over a year now.

On 10/26/2017 at 6:11 AM, (PS4)Deathscythex01 said:

I don't know if your being purposely stupid about this or what. Farming traces is a side activity you get anyway for just farming prime junk, or common stuff you need. Literally every relic you open is netting you traces. You know when you farm relics for hours and get junk because your only getting ATTEMPTS at the thing you want every 20 minutes? Well your getting the same junk PLUS the traces, every 5 minutes with a CHANCE to get the rare part you want each time too. I've been playing for about 2.5 years I got more prime stuff completed in the time that they with relics then I did the whole time previously. As a matter of fact I got more don't in a few weeks of playing the same amount as normal as I did grinding the void for a year with the key system.  You seem to specifically FORGET the amount of wasted time pointlessly grinding for absolute crap you go in the key system. Oh yeah spent 20 minute grind this defense for your Item? ok here's you orokin cells! With the relic system you see exactly the stuff your going to get can then improve the chances to get what you want specifically and work to get that item in exclusion of all the other crap.

Edited by Andaius

1 hour ago, (PS4)Deathscythex01 said:

Please show me in everything that I have typed that I once typed "the majority of console players prefer the old system over the mew one".

As I already posted to each their own. If you like the direction this game is heading then good for you. I personally dont which is why I stopped playing over a year now.

You are saying that because more people play on PC, that the PC community chose Relics for everyone. That implies that you think the console community would have picked keys. You then say that if DE had listened to the casual playerbase then keys would still exist. What you've said all comes together to say that the casual demographic and the console demographic are the same group.

In any case, all of that is irrelevant because there's still nothing to even say that casual players prefer keys, and I still don't understand how they even could prefer keys when relics offer objectively faster drops. And the console-PC demographic is far too mixed to make any real arguments out of in regards to game mechanics.

If you stopped playing over a year ago and believe that every opinion is exactly as relevant and correct as any other, then why bother arguing?

Am ‎03‎.‎09‎.‎2017 um 13:12 schrieb Fiftycentis:

i agree that relics are more casual player friendly. You need more time to farm a single piece, but you can do 5 waves of a random mission or a non endless mission and get it.

I really hope they'll bring back something in the void to make me wanna play there too others than the beauty of the place

I have to disagree, the relics are that casual-friendly. As a casual, single player you can only take advantage of the relic system when something new hits the shelves and everybody is hunting the new stuff. Only then you easily find a full radiant group for any new relic to raise the drop chances. Try that with some older stuff and you're probably on your own. With the old system you didn't even need a key in the first place, only the host needed it.

Us Veterans have the highest advantage, we don't need to farm the old stuff and with new prime items it usually suffices to trade-in syndicate points for key bundles to get most stuff (my yield is usually around 65-85% prime items with keys from those bundles only).

The best aspect for casuals is the wider choice of rewards in random runs compared to the old system. But when you're after a specific older item it's harder and probably better to just buy it cheap in the trade channel.

4 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

You are saying that because more people play on PC, that the PC community chose Relics for everyone. That implies that you think the console community would have picked keys. You then say that if DE had listened to the casual playerbase then keys would still exist. What you've said all comes together to say that the casual demographic and the console demographic are the same group.

In any case, all of that is irrelevant because there's still nothing to even say that casual players prefer keys, and I still don't understand how they even could prefer keys when relics offer objectively faster drops. And the console-PC demographic is far too mixed to make any real arguments out of in regards to game mechanics.

If you stopped playing over a year ago and believe that every opinion is exactly as relevant and correct as any other, then why bother arguing?

No that's your assumption. My point was since DE doesn't give a crap about console in any way, shape, or form and only listens to the pc community then there was no real point into porting it over to console. (aside from trying to make a few more bucks)

5 hours ago, Andaius said:

I don't know if your being purposely stupid about this or what. Farming traces is a side activity you get anyway for just farming prime junk, or common stuff you need. Literally every relic you open is netting you traces. You know when you farm relics for hours and get junk because your only getting ATTEMPTS at the thing you want every 20 minutes? Well your getting the same junk PLUS the traces, every 5 minutes with a CHANCE to get the rare part you want each time too. I've been playing for about 2.5 years I got more prime stuff completed in the time that they with relics then I did the whole time previously. As a matter of fact I got more don't in a few weeks of playing the same amount as normal as I did grinding the void for a year with the key system.  You seem to specifically FORGET the amount of wasted time pointlessly grinding for absolute crap you go in the key system. Oh yeah spent 20 minute grind this defense for your Item? ok here's you orokin cells! With the relic system you see exactly the stuff your going to get can then improve the chances to get what you want specifically and work to get that item in exclusion of all the other crap.

The ONLY thing the relic system has done was condense the loot pool of items in which case they could have just done that with an update or a patch. The relic system is a laughable "rework" of the key system. I can guarantee you that if the loot pool was condensed for the key system as it is now for the relic system you'd have 2-3 times as many prime parts and sets as you currently have.

Edited by (PS4)Deathscythex01