Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

🐺 Odious - The New Werewolf Warframe (Concept)

(PSN)SimulatedWhiskey

Before reading know that I am not an obsessed Twlightlight fan and I never really liked werewolves.

--------------------------------------------------

Odious
(
odi·ous)

Base stats (at level 30):

Armor: 65
Energy: 225
Health: 325
Shield: 110
Sprint speed: 1.17

Duration: 100%
Efficiency: 105%
Range: 100%
Strength: 100%

Passive ability:

During the night time (in a mission) you have 25% more attack speed.

Visual appearance:

If anyone can draw it please match it to these details if you can. I would like to see other versions though! :)

- Dark and creepy (with some long and thick hairs sticking up on the back of the neck)
- Glowing "eyes" that can be changed with the energy color (we need a Warframe with "eyes", I think it would be a very cool addition)
- Claws (not too big; remember that the claws don't retract)
- Big stretched out feet (with claws)
- An extended mouth that can move (I think this would be the first and most interesting feature on a Warframe; basically picture Inaros' dog going to the dentist)
- Body type similar to Inaros, but a little thicker around the waste and a little less on the shoulders
- Some ripped clothing over the armor
- A height a little shorter than Chroma
- Default stance will make the Warframe hunched over and do a slow heavily breathing animation

Red = ability will not be affected by mods
Blue = ability will be affected by mods

Abilities:

Howl: Let out a powerful howl that knock backs enemies in all directions in a 5m/9m/14m radius. Enemies effected have a 30%/50%/75% chance of running away in fear for 15s/20s/25s and have 30%/50%/75% less accuracy when shooting for 10s/25s/45s.

Affected by:

• Duration (for enemies running in fear and for the duration of enemy accuracy)
  • Range (for knock back range)

Sharpen: Use your claws to tear through enemy flesh. Every hit grants additional slash damage for you and your allies weapons and adds 85%/113.3%/200% armor for 3s/5s/10s for you and allies within 5m/10m/15m. This ability lasts for 7s/15s/23s.

Affected by:

• Duration (for the ability duration)
  • Range (for allies)
  • Power strength (for claw damage) (melee weapon mods apply to claws)

Thrash: Lunge at an enemy and sink your teeth into them. Thrashing them around will restore your health, but drain your energy (per second) by 7.5. While using this ability you will be invincible, but unable to damage anything around you or interact with anything.

Affected by:

• Efficiency (for energy drain)
  • Power strength (for health restored per second)

Shift: Become your true form and gain 2%/4%/6% movement speed, enhanced jump height, and all enemies within a 8m/13m/20m radius are visible through walls. While this ability is active you will gain a 15%/35%/65% health and shield boost, melee weapons do an extra 10%/27.2%/50% damage, you cannot bullet-jump, slide, glide, or latch on to walls, and energy will drain (per second) by 4.

Affected by:

• Duration (for energy drain)
  • Range (for enemies in radius visible through walls)
  • Power strength (for armor boost)

Additional notes:

• Odious' height will be around Chroma's, just noticeably smaller

Well I hope DE sees this so they can add it. I can't draw, but if someone out there can make a drawing of a werewolf Warframe in normal form and in it's "shift" form, please let me know and I will fully credit you when I add it to this thread. :)

Edited by (PS4)Whiskey1015566
Buffed armor boost for Sharpen ability.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Whiskey1015566 said:

Fixed. Confused some numbers.

Also loki will be the only frame with 1.20 speed, unless i am misinformed and a frame has already beaten that. that's just a basic number. No frame has yet to have increases on basic ability stats, like duration, i don't think that will go through. Also, your frame has LESS health than Mag, who at level 30 has 225 i believe, maybe buff that nerf shields. SO overall, drop the speed, sorry fam, that's a Loki exclusive, drop the efficiency, i doubt DE would go for it and personally i wouldn't. Buff health and nerf shields, more tank beast like.  

Just now, ARES9519 said:

Also loki will be the only frame with 1.20 speed, unless i am misinformed and a frame has already beaten that. that's just a basic number. No frame has yet to have increases on basic ability stats, like duration, i don't think that will go through. Also, your frame has LESS health than Mag, who at level 30 has 225 i believe, maybe buff that nerf shields. SO overall, drop the speed, sorry fam, that's a Loki exclusive, drop the efficiency, i doubt DE would go for it and personally i wouldn't. Buff health and nerf shields, more tank beast like.  

Well to be fair Loki has a higher sprint speed by a little amount. This is a werewolf Warframe and they do have enhanced speed. I do agree on the health buff and shield nerf though.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Whiskey1015566 said:

Well to be fair Loki has a higher sprint speed by a little amount. This is a werewolf Warframe and they do have enhanced speed. I do agree on the health buff and shield nerf though.

Ah you are right i had my numbers mixed. I still think you should maybe consider lowering it, after looking, hm, it would seem only Nova, Nova prime, and Ash Prime have a 1.2 sprint speed. However even Nezha doesn't have a 1.2 speed. I think, maybe similar to chroma, once you activate the 4th ability the speed increase will activate. 

Just now, ARES9519 said:

Ah you are right i had my numbers mixed. I still think you should maybe consider lowering it, after looking, hm, it would seem only Nova, Nova prime, and Ash Prime have a 1.2 sprint speed. However even Nezha doesn't have a 1.2 speed. I think, maybe similar to chroma, once you activate the 4th ability the speed increase will activate. 

I lowered it to 1.17. Most Warframes have 1.15, so this is fast, but not too fast.

Just now, (PS4)Whiskey1015566 said:

I lowered it to 1.17. Most Warframes have 1.15, so this is fast, but not too fast.

Agreed. I still disagree with the 105% efficiency, that is odd and out of place, not even prime frames change that stat, and you could still buff health, to maybe like 1000 at level 30. Less then inaros, more than most. Give it that werewolf tank feeling.

1 minute ago, ARES9519 said:

Agreed. I still disagree with the 105% efficiency, that is odd and out of place, not even prime frames change that stat, and you could still buff health, to maybe like 1000 at level 30. Less then inaros, more than most. Give it that werewolf tank feeling.

Well Nidus has a base power strength of 115%. So I decided to do something similar with this Warframe.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Whiskey1015566 said:

Well Nidus has a base power strength of 115%. So I decided to do something similar with this Warframe.

Hmm I guess, though DE hates efficiency, at least i assume, but you can stick with it. Your first ability is not...unique. Banshee pushes people back and Nekros, as well as kubrows, already have howl/terrify abilities. I would suggest reworking that. For your second ability, i would just stick with an armor increase that also effects allies, since it wouldnt fit for shields in the frame theme. The other two look good. I would add another to his/her passive: when in night time environments, gain maybe health regen per second.  

@(PS4)Whiskey1015566 Good Effort :thumbup:, not the first, kind of remind me of Beast Frame, not certaintly the same thing. When DE have time, look forward to more Contents.

3 hours ago, (PS4)bigpatsfan said:

I like the idea. I may get rid of the armor and extend the health pool similar to Inaros per the nature of the character. Skills sound cool though.

After playing Inaros, Health is very bad for scale onto Level 100 Enemies, even with 5900 HP, you can still get down very quickly, Inaros need a pass BEFORE Priming.

Don't confuse Ancient Mummy for Werewolf. You be looking at HP BUFF for every single Frame, (extend where 1,000 HP is minimal when installing Maxed [Vitality Mod]. 

At Level 500, I don't see HP being viable, except through Immunity. 

Edited by DesFrSpace

48 minutes ago, ARES9519 said:

Hmm I guess, though DE hates efficiency, at least i assume, but you can stick with it. Your first ability is not...unique. Banshee pushes people back and Nekros, as well as kubrows, already have howl/terrify abilities. I would suggest reworking that. For your second ability, i would just stick with an armor increase that also effects allies, since it wouldnt fit for shields in the frame theme. The other two look good. I would add another to his/her passive: when in night time environments, gain maybe health regen per second.  

Reworked the first and second abilities. :)

Also great idea with the night passive.

27 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

@(PS4)Whiskey1015566 Good Effort :thumbup:, not the first, kind of remind me of Beast Frame, not certaintly the same thing. When DE have time, look forward to more Contents.

After playing Inaros, Health is very bad for scale onto Level 100 Enemies, even with 5900 HP, you can still get down very quickly, Inaros need a pass BEFORE Priming.

Don't confuse Ancient Mummy for Werewolf. You be looking at HP BUFF for every single Frame, (extend where 1,000 HP is minimal when installing Maxed [Vitality Mod]. 

At Level 500, I don't see HP being viable, except through Immunity. 

Thanks! :)

well i cant draw well enough as well, but i can imagine the werewolf / lycan frame. the head would be similar to the inaros anubis helm. but with hair like sonic the hedgehog. and instead of a wolf head. it would look like voltron head. 

then the body would be like oberon , slimmer waist. and larger thighs and the legs of the wolf. the arms will be large on the shoulders and the arms bigger.

the hands would be having claws. 

well its actually still a lycan wolf.  

https://ibb.co/ehPzda

Edited by rockmin

2 hours ago, rockmin said:

well i cant draw well enough as well, but i can imagine the werewolf / lycan frame. the head would be similar to the inaros anubis helm. but with hair like sonic the hedgehog. and instead of a wolf head. it would look like voltron head. 

then the body would be like oberon , slimmer waist. and larger thighs and the legs of the wolf. the arms will be large on the shoulders and the arms bigger.

the hands would be having claws. 

well its actually still a lycan wolf.  

https://ibb.co/ehPzda

I would love to see something like that in the game. I would imagine the Warframe to have a more darker/creepier look to it than the lycan wolf though. :)

armor boost is too minor considering the VERY low base armor as id imagine the armor boost would give u a 95% boost on the base armor of 65(isnt 65 the base armor of banshee prime? :^/), if i did my math right(prolly didnt) with a maxed steel fiber and base power strength u'd barely get over 200 total armor with Shift on

lower energy a bit, bring base armor up

Edited by TKDancer