Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help With Octavia Build

Circle_of_Psi

Question

Hey Guys

So I've been levelling/formatting my Octavia, but I'm struggling with a powerful build for her. I'm looking for a high Duration/Stg build, However, I would like to use some efficacy so my powers don't cost so much. I am unsure if the range is really needed. As well, I will be likely using HP/Sheild mods, to stop her from being so weak. So I will be using such mods.   

Please note: I am not looking for a Meta build, thus means I'm not looking for a build that requires me to spam crouch, like a CoD player teg-bagging someone. Thank you

Thanks

CoP.

4 answers to this question

As always, it depends on how you want to play the frame. Octavia is tricky to mod since all stats matter to her. If anything, I would forego strength mods. Duration is needed in order not to keep recasting too much. All abilities need range. Her second ability is highly useful even without extra strength though.

Then again, if you want to defend a small area, like a defense target against infested, you may want to skip range and have more strength in order to kill. She can be an extreme damage dealer.

On 09/09/2017 at 12:26 AM, (Xbox One)AlingsasArrende said:

As always, it depends on how you want to play the frame. Octavia is tricky to mod since all stats matter to her. If anything, I would forego strength mods. Duration is needed in order not to keep recasting too much. All abilities need range. Her second ability is highly useful even without extra strength though.

Then again, if you want to defend a small area, like a defense target against infested, you may want to skip range and have more strength in order to kill. She can be an extreme damage dealer.

Cheers will see what I can do then

my build is as follows:

Energy Siphon (can be used with corrosive projection), power drift
narrow minded, continuity, blind rage, intensify
streamline streetch, constitution, overextended

duration: 248%
efficiency 80%
range 175%
strength 175%

I personally don't think octavia needs any defense or health, or shield mods. Her skills are geared to keeping you alive. 1 draws enemy fire, 2 will cause enemies to stop shooting and follow it, 3 let's you stealth indefinitely, 4 gives you crazy damage, as it's a hard multiplier, and scales really well.

You don't need as much efficiency or energy, as her passive regens energy as your abilities are on. With them at max duration, you should be able to sustain your energy even without zenurik's focus passive. She essentially has infinite energy with zenurik. Range is important, because you want her 1 to reach as many enemies as possible. Currently with my range, with 4 activated, her 1 has about 50+ range, and can cover a sizable area. But most of the stats are important to her. Duration being the most important. If you have enough duration, you can forgo some efficiency.

i only use her 1, 3, and 4. Her 2 isn't bad, but it's not amazing either, and tanks your damage for 1.

Use a song you know very well, to allow yourself to stay perma stealthed. This will solve your lack of defenses. Although you will still occasionally be insta gibbed by a bombard if you happen to run into the projectile.

I hope this helps.

On 9/8/2017 at 3:16 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Please note: I am not looking for a Meta build, thus means I'm not looking for a build that requires me to spam crouch, like a CoD player teg-bagging someone. Thank you

Octavia has more armor than your typical glass cannon, but by not a lot.  Invisibility is her best survivability mechanism, especially for Sortie and Kuva Flood missions.  Find a simple song that's easy to hear over battle.  With a relatively sparse melody you can squat twice and you're invisible.

There's already some solid advice in this thread.  Octavia benefits from all stats.  My approach has been to use all three build slots.

My A slot is range with some duration/efficiency and no strength penalty.  I use this by default.

Spoiler

gIjhhah.jpg

Aura is personal preference, but I use Enemy Radar almost all the time.  When finding the perfect spot to place a Mallet it helps to be able to see groups of enemies and their approach patterns.  It also helps to see when you are in trouble and need to drop a Resonator to get the heat off.

As for survivability, I use Vitality because she has some armor and it's automatically buffed by Metronome.  AOE and stray shots can still hit you while invisible, and on Sorties I've been glad to have the extra HP.

My B slot is strength, with some range/duration and no efficiency penalty.  I use this for stationary or mostly stationary missions when I want to focus on choke points and buffing the team.

Spoiler

AEbrR4J.jpg

Again, enemy radar is my personal preference.  

My C slot is duration, with some efficiency/strength and no real range penalty.  I mainly use this to solo when I want to be perma-invisible.

Spoiler

Hm7dNGT.jpg

Usually I use this as my cache/medallion finding build, hence Loot Detector and Thief's Wit.  More generally I'd probably use Enemy Radar and Cunning Drift to nudge it above 100% range.

Octavia really benefits from 100%+ in all stats, but other than that there aren't really any bad choices.  Her kit is Jack Of All Trades; I can usually handle whatever gets thrown at me with any of these builds.