Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus high health regeneration build

maxcwng

Question

10 answers to this question

nothing you do will effect nidus's natural health regen once hes rank 30. you can add the aura that gives some health regen, but not much. besides that his 4th ability heals. tho for higher level enemies you'll really want to have his 3rd up and connected to a mob as much as possible cus he can get up a 80% damage reduction with enough power strength

4 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

nothing you do will effect nidus's natural health regen once hes rank 30. you can add the aura that gives some health regen, but not much. besides that his 4th ability heals. tho for higher level enemies you'll really want to have his 3rd up and connected to a mob as much as possible cus he can get up a 80% damage reduction with enough power strength

You should also focus on getting stacs cause it will make u invincible

Just now, Raskolnikow said:

You should also focus on getting stacs cause it will make u invincible

well, as close to it as you can get without being game breaking, its entirely possible to lose a ton of stacks against higher level enemies in under a minute, thanks to the sheer monstrous damage output of some mobs

2 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

well, as close to it as you can get without being game breaking, its entirely possible to lose a ton of stacks against higher level enemies in under a minute, thanks to the sheer monstrous damage output of some mobs

Guess thats true, but lets face it - most of the missions dont take more than 10-15 min, most of them are not lvl 100+ so gettin killed with nidus is quite unlikely imo

Just now, Raskolnikow said:

Guess thats true, but lets face it - most of the missions dont take more than 10-15 min, most of them are not lvl 100+ so gettin killed with nidus is quite unlikely imo

very true, especially if you have both his 3 and his 4 up at the same time, which typically easily lets you deal with most sortie 3 enemies without worrying about getting hit

I am loving Nidus and his Tankyness... Everytime I do survival I usually stay up to 60 Mins per Run, gotta admit when im running at an Infested Survival somewhere in saturn (forgot the node name, it is a dark sector), I ended up hooking with a level 117 Ancient since his 1st Skill is having a hard time killing it, unless you spam it a few times (But I still can 1 hit some chargers and other infested even in level 100).

On the other hand, my Nidus have at least 200% Power Strength and around 150 - 170% duration so that the Ravenous could stay longer and keep my regen rate at max. Nidus' 3rd Skill is really handy when fighting with a High level enemy. so yeah, just put in mind to use that on heavy enemies.

1 hour ago, Seraphim_Okashira said:

Hope you guys won't mind, but I'll throw in another question: What about that aura that adds 20% (I think it's 20, can't remember exactly) to armor? Do you think it'd be worth polarizing Nidus' aura slot for it?

The armor it grants is additive with Steel Fiber and his passive. So if you had Stand United (+25.5%), Steel Fiber (110%) and his Passive (+50%) You'd have +185.5% armor apposed to +160% without Stand United. When added into the damage reduction from Link it amounts to a fairly small difference.

Nidus with Steel Fiber will have 72.22% damage reduction from armor, 97.22% damage reduction with Link up for a total 39,928 eHP.

Nidus with Steel Fiber + Stand United will have 74.06% reduction from armor, 97.4% with Link up for a total of 42,405 eHP.

I find Growing Power to be ideal for Nidus. It improves his damage output with Virulence + Maggot explosions and increases the healing from his Nest which indirectly improves his survival with an extra 5 HP/s which turns into 182 eHP/s. Of course Corrosive Projection is always on the table for any frame.

Nidus doesn't really have a problem staying alive. His damage output is usually what falls off first. Least doing Solo runs. A Power Strength build will begin to fall off around lvl 400 Grineer but he can still take a Bombard rocket to the face at that level.