Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝘿𝙪𝙫𝙞𝙧𝙞 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙎𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙙!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

@Unus Redesigned the Kuva Blunderbuss based (mostly) on your feedback. The rest is my personal taste - adding a more obvious pump, for example.

kuva_shotgun_version_1_by_haruaxeman_ddd

Any thoughts? This is only a quick photobash from parts that don't entirely fit together, mind.

(Blasted Montu Reclamation piece is getting delayed due to current job, scuse me for my silence.)

Disclaimer being read, I think it's doin swell! Bit of a shortstop I think, sawed off equvilant to a pump fitting four, maybe three shells, 14 gauge perhaps? Miiiggghhttt need to extend the sight a bit, fellas likely blocked by the bulk along the top, unless there's an "aim groove" down the middle.

57 minutes ago, Unus said:

(Blasted Montu Reclamation piece is getting delayed due to current job, scuse me for my silence.)

Disclaimer being read, I think it's doin swell! Bit of a shortstop I think, sawed off equvilant to a pump fitting four, maybe three shells, 14 gauge perhaps? Miiiggghhttt need to extend the sight a bit, fellas likely blocked by the bulk along the top, unless there's an "aim groove" down the middle.

...That was a sight? I didn't even know this had sights. XD

As for the caliber, well.... I honestly hadn't thought of that. Definitely, definitely larger than 12-gauge. Wide enough that in modern times it'd count as a grenade launcher. Was also thinking 3-4 rounds, myself.

Ganymede 'Chadam' Autoshotgun

ganymede__chadam__autoshotgun_by_haruaxe

"Hammer through a room with the select-fire Chadam's "Bouncer" ammo, or take precise semiautomatic shots that explode on impact."
Codex

Special Traits 
Bouncer Ammo: In automatic mode, pellets ricochet up to three times on impact.
Zoom: Semiauto Mode adds increased zoom. Much like the Argonak.

Lore

Lightweight by shotgun standards. Low-recoil. Quick Reload.

Named after its creator, Amos Chadam, this is a classic Ganymedean projectile shotgun. The ‘Chadam,’ like all Ganymedean weapons, was built for use both spaceside and planetside. While capable of using a wide variety of shotgun ammo, the Chadam is built specifically for Ganymedean “Bouncer” ammo. This exotic ammo type consists of a shell loaded with spherical projectiles covered in a super-elastic polymer, which bounce on impact and often cause severe internal bleeding. The Ganymede Gendarmerie (or G2 for short) has nothing but praise for this weapon’s less-lethal utility against the wild animals, criminals, and terrorists all over Ganymede. However, make no mistake - less-lethal weaponry is still, on some level, lethal. 

This is most noticeable when switching to semiauto mode, which will “Overcharge” the pellets. Instead of bouncing, the increased energy channeled through the barrel renders the pellets unstable. This forces them to release the surplus kinetic energy on impact and explode, knocking the target backwards.

It reloads from a horizontal box magazine containing vertically aligned shells, which a hidden mechanism in the rear of the magazine (NOTE: Though it may actually be in the magwell - I'm not sure. I just wanted to do something cool) realigns to be horizontal. To reload, dislocate the handguard so it is at a 45 degree angle downwards from the gun, place the magazine in the hollow, and move the handguard back into position. 

While of questionable use against Grineer (That requires the G2’s Very Serious Armory, which contains things such as Corinths, Tenebrae, Plasmors, Lexes, Depezadors, Vastos, Veneines, Harkens, Somas, Proximas, and even a few Primed and Prisma weapons) its use against Corpus is unquestionable. A few impacts from a Chadam will have the average Boxhead dead before they even hit the ground. 

The Chadam was designed during the Fall of The Board, created as a cheap, reliable projectile weapon that could be produced in a fraction of the time as the average Corpus energy weapon. While of initially questionable use next to Board forces "Detron" shotgun pistols, the Chadam's low cost, ease of use, volume of fire, indirect fire capabilities, and ability to bring in mostly-intact prey animals for food soon edged out Corpus weaponry in terms of sheer utility.

Among Ganymedean homesteaders seeking to reclaim its new frontier and protect their farms, the Chadam has a wide number of uses against "Feral" Corpus proxy units, Corrupted, bandits, Ghouls, Orokin-designed megafauna, and Corpus invaders that dot the landscape.

Artist Notes:

So, before any of you notice - Amos Chadam = Amos Burton as portrayed by Wes Chatham. From The Expanse. Ganymede has always been a huge Expanse reference, and this was literally traced over the silhouette of Amos' signature shotgun. There's also a bit of other stuff in there, like some heavy inspiration from the Fostech Origin shotgun.

If any of you are interested in making something like this, the key to my personal Ganymedean aesthetic is to create something that looks modern, tactical, and conventional…

…But as filtered through the mind of someone with a head injury. It’s not the first time I ventured into this territory (after all, I finished the drawing of Unus’ Trokar pistol while recovering from a concussion. And also a broken back). The other pillar for Ganymedean weapons is that they have an altfire and exotic, often non-hitscan ammo. Though if I try to make something like Deadspace’s pulse rifle, which has low RoF and absolutely Godawful penetration, that last part can be ignored.

Trying to give this thing its status numbers was... weird. Eventually, I decided on 37% in one mode, 30% in the other. Because it should be fun to see what people try to do there!

Stats
Shared:

Mag: 21
Non-Hitscan (roughly the same speed as the Mara Detron.)
Fire Rate: 2.8
Damage: 336
Pellet Count: 6
Reload: 1.9s

Auto

Damage: 336

220 Impact 
    108 Slash
Crit Chance: 17%
Crit Multiplier: 2.1x 
Accuracy: 8.1
Falloff: Max Damage to 24m
    Min Damage at 36m
    50% Max Reduction

Semi

180 Blast
    92 Impact
    64 Slash

Crit Chance: 25%
Crit Multiplier: 3.2x
Accuracy: 9.6
Blast Radius: 0.8m per pellet
Falloff: Max Damage to 26m
    Min Damage at 42m
    50% Max Reduction

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

On 2018-12-30 at 5:25 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Fluffy’s Warframe Concepts MEGAUPDATE

Ganymede Part 1A
GAGARIN himself

Named after an ancient hero of pre-space times that first ventured from the Mother Earth. Control gravity in its many forms with the gravity Warframe 'Gagarin', or bombard enemies from high above."

_gagarin__fan_made_warframe_by_haruaxema

ABILITIES

Passive 
Rocket Jump - 
Extra bullet jump charge and speed. Bullet jumps do fire damage.
O2 Tank - Does not lose health in space.
(I toyed with resistance to toxin damage, but that just seemed like a terrible idea)

Active
1. Meteoric - Charge in the direction of aiming reticule. Hitting enemies with it leaves them unaffected by gravity for a short time, floating in the air.(Note: think of it like a combination of Slash Dash and Rhino Charge)

2. Gravitic Crush: Releases a super-dense gravitational anomaly that pulls enemies in, dealing magnetic and IPS damage when enemies are within a small radius of it. Imagine it as Vauban's vortex if it traded stability for motion. Has 1.2m enemy punch-through, but no object punch-through and will stop at hard surfaces. It’ll still be active upon hitting them or exhausting its punch-through, still sucking enemies in, but it explodes after a short time.
(NOTE: the size of the anomaly is affected by power range mods. For maximum effectiveness, try to see how many enemies it can nearly miss instead of hitting.)

3.  Nullgrav: Creates a localized null-gravity area that acts much like the Low Gravity modifier in Sortie and Nightmare missions. Enemies will go flying from impacts, lose their balance, leap too far, move too slowly, experience increased status duration, and otherwise lose any sort of coordination. Melee damage and speed are intensified within this zone.

4. Grav-bomb: Releases a "tether" from Gagarin, which centers around an enemy.... and then flings them into the air, inverting gravity. Has slightly less duration and range than Rhino Stomp, but more damage and height - especially including the damage from hitting the ceiling. And from falling. It's also better at targeting areas than Rhino Stomp. If Stomp is a shotgun, grav-bomb is a precision rifle.

(NOTE: Think of it like the supercharged leash thing from Bulletstorm.)

Equipment Set

1. Singulare maul: Tenno hammer that creates gravitational anomalies (represented by magnetic damage) on slam attacks. Has surprisingly high puncture damage. 
  2. “Kosmos” Survival handgun: duplex-auto survival revolver capable of high-status flare rounds and high-crit buckshot.
    Trigger: Duplex
    Magazine: 6 (3 trigger pulls)
  3. “Korolev” Rocket Launcher: Tenno high-status homing incendiary rocket launcher. Has a zoom function (Of course it does). Using the zoom function allows it to home in on enemies.
    Trigger: Semi
    Magazine: 3

Helmets:
Raconteur” helmet - a raygun gothic visage inspired by Isaac Clarke and the Rocketeer helmet.
Default” helmet - Inspired by astronaut helmets. If you look closely at it, you can see a skull-like face behind the visor! This is a reference to something, but definitely not anything from Warframe's lore at all.

Other Information

“I don’t understand, Operator. Gagarin was a hero of Ganymede - or at least, that’s what the Tenno archives say. That said, Gagarin’s archives are in quite an appalling state. Up for some more investigating so that I may fill in these unsightly blanks?”
Ordis

Gagarin was designed with space supremacy in mind, and made to bombard enemy positions from the air, such as Sentient and, during lulls in the war, <DATA CORRUPTED> elements and other <DATA CORRUPTED>. His kit allows for aerial (and, according to surviving Orokin records, orbital) supremacy and bombardment.

While often compared to a Rhino model, Gagarin is far more fragile than more heavy-armored frames such as Frost, Rhino, or Valkyr. His true strengths lie in crowd control and aerial bombardment.  A Gagarin may not have the raw killing power or durability of other frames, but it will have the power to easily disrupt crowds, pick off stragglers, and render enemies easy pickings for <DATA CORRUPTED> ҉ 

His kit - a rocket launcher that homes in on areas, a survival revolver with flares and shotgun rounds, and a gravity hammer - were specifically designed for this purpose ҉” Tenno archives on Ganymede describe Gagarin as being a hero of the moon, singlehandedly destroying Sentient positions on the moon, using an orbital reflector as a bludgeon against a  Sentient dr͆e͇̣̞̘̱̣̒͐̓a̜ͬ͆d̠̼̘̱̞ͣ̀̈́n͈̗̦͍o̦͉ͣͥͬ̚u̦ͮ̎g̎̿͒ht-t͓͔̬͕̭͍͎ͫͫ̐͒̇̈͂ form ҉  He had a curious attachment to Ganymede, and some suspect that before he <DATA CORRUPTED> a <DATA CORRUPTED> from there. Either as <DATA CORRUPTED> or <DATA CORRUPTED> ҉ 

<DATA CORRUPTED>

-but curiously, the people of the Free Moon of Ganymede hate̶̢̻̖͔̙̜̽̅̅̂̄͞  ảnd  f̶̨̨̨̤͍̫̳̂̃͐̽̍̏ea̢̗̩̮͈͕̲͗̿̂͌̊̋r him, regarding him as a t̩̑̆ṟ͌ͫ̾̋ai͓̗̤͑̇̈̔̏̓ͣͅt̩̟̥͓̋̅ͮͦͭͪ̔ō̅r̎ͯ̎͐ in the way that most Corpus do. However, he is referred to in far more unfavorable terms by the denizens of Ganymede ҉”. Records, legends, and nightmarish stories of a great evil perpetrated by Gagarin exist, detailing how the Warframe found the Orokin elites of Gan̬̗̭͉̤̼͓ͯ̾ͯ̐̑̈̀ͅy̥͓̘̱͉̟͕̣̘ͥ̏̋̀̈́̇ͤͥ̚mede and-

<DATA CORRUPTED>
<TO BE CONTINUED>

ARTIST NOTES:

I’ve been caught in a rut lately, by just making weapons. A rut full of high-crit weaponry with similar characteristics, Tenno weapons inspired by real-life weapons, and falling into the same patterns again and again. Meanwhile, someone from DE once said that if they just kept making weapons, they wouldn’t be in the place they are. And my friends, @Almighty_Jado, @HugintheCrow and @Unus have all done things far more ambitious than extra weapon drops. 

And that’s something I feel like I should emulate. 

So, to that end: Here it is. The first Warframe I’ve ever designed. The third ability feels a bit weak to me, but then, I’ve always had trouble with  third abilities. This is why I’ve never made a werewolf Warframe. Thaaaat, and if I do that it’s only a matter of time before the frame becomes too similar to Valkyr and I give up.

Apologies for not coloring Gagarin in the manner to which a lot of my followers have likely become accustomed, but Gagarin is so much more complex than a drawing of a gun that I was genuinely scared of making the attempt. Plus, I haven’t figured out his color scheme.

For those of you wondering just where this will be continued, the answer is simple. IN A JOJOS REFERENCE  Nah, it's actually meant to be part 1 in a tetralogy of four, featuring:

1.This Post - Gagarin himself.
2. Weapons - Gagarin’s kit of Singulare, Kosmos, Korolev, and other things that haven’t been drawn yet. (Admittedly, the weapons are probably the least important part here, but I prefer not putting these off.)
3. Story - Wondering what the data corruption was? Curious about the Free Moon of Ganymede? Want to see me throw your operator into a disorienting out-of-genre experience? Find out in the quest to find Gagarin. An open-world quest may be included. Will in all likelihood only be on the forums.
4. Open World - The world this unlocks.

These will eventually be covered in a mega post on the forums featuring all four.

How would O2 tank work? You mean like in an archwing?

1 hour ago, DAT_BOI_FTW said:

How would O2 tank work? You mean like in an archwing?

Nah, I mean that he doesn't lose health if someone shoots out the windows in Corpus Spaceship tileset, or if Life Support runs out or something. (Maybe not that last one)

...Not much of a passive, I admit, but he's basically a living space suit so I felt like it made sense.

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

P90?

Not quite. It's more like this:

d3c8921e801c2eb769f92fcf6aab9e68.jpg

20 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ganymede 'Chadam' Autoshotgun

ganymede__chadam__autoshotgun_by_haruaxe

"Hammer through a room with the select-fire Chadam's "Bouncer" ammo, or take precise semiautomatic shots that explode on impact."
Codex

Special Traits 
Bouncer Ammo: In automatic mode, pellets ricochet up to three times on impact.
Zoom: Semiauto Mode adds increased zoom. Much like the Argonak.

Lore

Lightweight by shotgun standards. Low-recoil. Quick Reload.

Named after its creator, Amos Chadam, this is a classic Ganymedean projectile shotgun. The ‘Chadam,’ like all Ganymedean weapons, was built for use both spaceside and planetside. While capable of using a wide variety of shotgun ammo, the Chadam is built specifically for Ganymedean “Bouncer” ammo. This exotic ammo type consists of a shell loaded with spherical projectiles covered in a super-elastic polymer, which bounce on impact and often cause severe internal bleeding. The Ganymede Gendarmerie (or G2 for short) has nothing but praise for this weapon’s less-lethal utility against the wild animals, criminals, and terrorists all over Ganymede. However, make no mistake - less-lethal weaponry is still, on some level, lethal. 

This is most noticeable when switching to semiauto mode, which will “Overcharge” the pellets. Instead of bouncing, the increased energy channeled through the barrel renders the pellets unstable. This forces them to release the surplus kinetic energy on impact and explode, knocking the target backwards.

It reloads from a horizontal box magazine containing vertically aligned shells, which a hidden mechanism in the rear of the magazine (NOTE: Though it may actually be in the magwell - I'm not sure. I just wanted to do something cool) realigns to be horizontal. To reload, dislocate the handguard so it is at a 45 degree angle downwards from the gun, place the magazine in the hollow, and move the handguard back into position. 

While of questionable use against Grineer (That requires the G2’s Very Serious Armory, which contains things such as Corinths, Tenebrae, Plasmors, Lexes, Depezadors, Vastos, Veneines, Harkens, Somas, Proximas, and even a few Primed and Prisma weapons) its use against Corpus is unquestionable. A few impacts from a Chadam will have the average Boxhead dead before they even hit the ground. 

The Chadam was designed during the Fall of The Board, created as a cheap, reliable projectile weapon that could be produced in a fraction of the time as the average Corpus energy weapon. While of initially questionable use next to Board forces "Detron" shotgun pistols, the Chadam's low cost, ease of use, volume of fire, indirect fire capabilities, and ability to bring in mostly-intact prey animals for food soon edged out Corpus weaponry in terms of sheer utility.

Among Ganymedean homesteaders seeking to reclaim its new frontier and protect their farms, the Chadam has a wide number of uses against "Feral" Corpus proxy units, Corrupted, bandits, Ghouls, Orokin-designed megafauna, and Corpus invaders that dot the landscape.

Artist Notes:

So, before any of you notice - Amos Chadam = Amos Burton as portrayed by Wes Chatham. From The Expanse. Ganymede has always been a huge Expanse reference, and this was literally traced over the silhouette of Amos' signature shotgun. There's also a bit of other stuff in there, like some heavy inspiration from the Fostech Origin shotgun.

If any of you are interested in making something like this, the key to my personal Ganymedean aesthetic is to create something that looks modern, tactical, and conventional…

…But as filtered through the mind of someone with a head injury. It’s not the first time I ventured into this territory (after all, I finished the drawing of Unus’ Trokar pistol while recovering from a concussion. And also a broken back). The other pillar for Ganymedean weapons is that they have an altfire and exotic, often non-hitscan ammo. Though if I try to make something like Deadspace’s pulse rifle, which has low RoF and absolutely Godawful penetration, that last part can be ignored.

Trying to give this thing its status numbers was... weird. Eventually, I decided on 37% in one mode, 30% in the other. Because it should be fun to see what people try to do there!

Stats
Shared:

Mag: 21
Non-Hitscan (roughly the same speed as the Mara Detron.)
Fire Rate: 2.8
Pellet Count: 6
Reload: 1.9s

Auto

Damage: 336

220 Impact 
    108 Slash
Crit Chance: 17%
Crit Multiplier: 2.1x 
Accuracy: 8.1
Falloff: Max Damage to 24m
    Min Damage at 36m
    50% Max Reduction

Semi

180 Blast
    92 Impact
    64 Slash

Crit Chance: 25%
Crit Multiplier: 2.6x
Accuracy: 9.6
Blast Radius: 0.8m per pellet
Falloff: Max Damage to 26m
    Min Damage at 42m
    50% Max Reduction

Very nice stuff as always, I really like weapons with multiple fire modes. Have you though of making a Corpus Semi-auto rifle? It seems the Corpus don't have anything that is a middle ground between the Lanka or Opticor and their automatic weapons. The closest I've seen anyone make is your "Decima".

3 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Very nice stuff as always, I really like weapons with multiple fire modes

The idea of "Argonak, but AS SHOTGUN" seemed like a fun one.

3 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Have you though of making a Corpus Semi-auto rifle? It seems the Corpus don't have anything that is a middle ground between the Lanka or Opticor and their automatic weapons

You know, funny thing about that. I'd like to make one (I've made about four battle rifles so far!) but, well.... 

I just don't know what, specifically, I should do. Best ideas I had so far were something with a chargeable trigger, (It'd feel too much like the Lanka, and I'm not sure that's what I need in a battle rifle) and the Arca Scisco in rifle form. Which just felt too easy.

15 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

The idea of "Argonak, but AS SHOTGUN" seemed like a fun one.

You know, funny thing about that. I'd like to make one (I've made about four battle rifles so far!) but, well.... 

I just don't know what, specifically, I should do. Best ideas I had so far were something with a chargeable trigger, (It'd feel too much like the Lanka, and I'm not sure that's what I need in a battle rifle) and the Arca Scisco in rifle form. Which just felt too easy.

That makes sense. After I read your post I started thinking about it myself and if you don't mind me throwing out a couple ideas:

1. A battle rifle that has innate cold damage and inflicts cold procs(maybe in an AOE) with each shot regardless of what element it is modded for. Is based in part on the glaxion and shoots blobs of Cryotic which the corpus marksmen use to slow down dangerous enemies (grineer heavies, infested ancients. Tenno.) and make them easier for other corpus to take out.

2. A battle rifle that shoots small rockets like the Angstrum (multi-shot behaves as normal on it unlike the Angstrum) It would have the ability cycle between different types of rockets, the base rockets would do mostly blast damage in a decent sized aoe like the Angstrum, the second would pierce the target and detonate (like a 40k boltor) causing massive internal damage(slash procs) and the last would have no explosive payload but have increased damage and punch through.

I don't know if these ideas are good at all but if you like any part feel free to use it.

Either way I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something interesting.

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

1. A battle rifle that has innate cold damage and inflicts cold procs(maybe in an AOE) with each shot regardless of what element it is modded for. Is based in part on the glaxion and shoots blobs of Cryotic which the corpus marksmen use to slow down dangerous enemies (grineer heavies, infested ancients. Tenno.) and make them easier for other corpus to take out

I made something similar-ish. Instead of cryotic it fires delayed-air-combustible gel that sticks to enemies, burning and corroding them. It's also burstfire though.

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

I made something similar-ish. Instead of cryotic it fires delayed-air-combustible gel that sticks to enemies, burning and corroding them. It's also burstfire though.

I remember that, I had forgotten it since it was auto-burst.

I really hope DE decides to do a Primary and/or Secondary design contest one day.

Edited by Neo3602

In more shotgun news, the Tenebrae has been buffed yet again.

Changes

Semi-Auto:

• Accuracy retooled to 6.3.

Pump-Action:

• Crit Multiplier buffed from 2.8 to 2.9 to bring it closer to the Corinth, and to make some room for the upcoming Neophytou.
  • Damage reduced from 519 to 518 for easier numbers
  • Accuracy 10.
Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Have been working on a mostly sidearm-focused Art Dump, and as usual I hit a roadblock trying to make Corpus stuff.

I'm convinced that the reason DE has had the Corpus researching so much Sentient-derived stuff (the Plinx, the Amalgam weapons) is because they're running out of ideas. I'm not judging them, mind. After all, making boxy weapons that stay interesting is hard.

Have been working on a mostly sidearm-focused Art Dump, and as usual I hit a roadblock trying to make Corpus stuff.

I'm convinced that the reason DE has had the Corpus researching so much Sentient-derived stuff (the Plinx, the Amalgam weapons) is because they're running out of ideas. I'm not judging them, mind. After all, making boxy weapons that stay interesting is hard.

Have you considered trying to hybridize the Corpus weaponry with other factions? That, or, come up with new corporate entities?
(Not insulting.)

Edited by Unus

Perhaps this can help (inspiration-wise):

https://www.deviantart.com/huginthecrowda/gallery/69161625/sttc-weapons

40 minutes ago, Unus said:

Have you considered trying to hybridize the Corpus weaponry with other factions? That, or, come up with new corporate entities?

I'm actually working on an Amalgam shotgun right now! It works on these principles.

A very large weapon that requires an oversized Frame to wield, the Bubbler is a cannon that shoots out dozens of techno- organic projectiles that penetrate softer materials, burrow into harder ones (like armor) and immediately begin to infect the target and surroundings with bubbles of corrupting plesh. The bubbles are sticky (Move-40) and can be sprayed over an area up to 3 stories tall. Because of their high throughput, Bubblers have limited ammunition: 3 shots per engagement max.

...Unfortunately, I have no idea how to translate this to the game. The best idea I have is that the plesh bubbles are terraforming implements meant to reshape planets of Tau, meant to consume and redistribute material. And they've been re-tuned to bounce off of inorganic material and attach to (or overpenetrate) enemies. I'm wondering if the balls should have cryo damage, but that just feels a bit odd...

Now, the next weapon I planned on was this:

Neostead13-1.jpg

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut the joy of Warframe's arsenal is that it has stuff like the Karak, pump-action and break-action shotguns, (but no lever-action shotgun primary. TERMINATOR WHEN, DE) lever-action turret rifles*, conventional revolvers like the Vasto series and Magnus, and the Lex (Which is so normal it horseshoes around to being weird again) alongside lasers, plasma weapons, the Battacor, plasma railguns, and the Atomos.

And I'd be the first to admit I focus a bit too much on Tenno or Grineer conventional guns. So I gotta break it up a bit with weirder stuff. Next shotgun will either be Grineer or Sentient, but I'm not sure which.

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Perhaps this can help (inspiration-wise):

Not a bad idea. Maybe I've been sticking to boxy silhouettes to rigidly...

* To explain what lever-action turret rifles are, I present this HEY LOOK IT'S A SYBARIS 

15828365_2.jpg?v=8CFF303B5FF7B00

Sidearm News:

In preparation for an upcoming art dump focused mostly on sidearms, I've made some changes. I also decided to take a look at the Depezador again!

Vos Plasmoid

Crit chance has been reduced to 15%.

Depezador
Crit chance bonus per headshot has been increased from 15% to 16%. This gives it a maximum crit multiplier of 8.7x (whoa) assuming all headshots.
To compensate, the shotgun's status chance has been reduced to 23% and its punch-through has been removed. Shotgun mode is meant to be an offhand attack that can possibly enhance your ability to get that sweet crit combo. Not, like, a pocket version of a Warframe ability.

...Though a weapon that works like that would be a cool idea. I'm tempted to make a cryotic shotgun now for Frost. but that's beside the point.

On 2019-01-26 at 11:54 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno "Depezador" Magnum Revolver

depezador_prime__2019_rework__by_haruaxe
"The quintessential officer's handgun of the Old War. High critical-damage revolver with a 9-round cylinder built around a central single-shot shotgun barrel."

LORE

While many high-powered pistols of the Orokin Empire can make the claim to be hip-holstered sniper rifles, the Depezador Prime is more of a hip-holstered marksman rifle. From its primary barrel, it fires 12mm laser-sliced magnum rounds that shatter inside the body, causing massive internal bleeding. From its secondary barrel, it fires a unique cryotic-based 20 gauge buckshot round, which freezes enemies and opens them up to devastating finishers.... 

Or, more commonly for users of this weapon, headshots. A ballistic analysis device in the Depezador Prime adds 18% critical damage after headshots, setting enemies up for devastating headshot combos that end with a headshot that simply laughs in the face of armor and shielding. Missing a target will remove a stack, but direct bodyshots will keep the combo up... while not adding on. Stacks can also decay.

Also, you only get one cryotic shotgun round per magazine. As represented by a bar next to the reticule, similar to the Battacor.

With its combo mechanic and cryotic shotgun, this weapon quickly earned a fearful reputation among the Sentient vanguard that made their way to the Origin System. Its high damage and crit would overwhelm a Sentient's last few resistances, and its cryotic shotgun would hold them in place for a Tenno to attack them in melee combat. 

However, there are also rumors it was used to "dispose of" Grineer that lagged behind.

Compared to various other Tenno weapons that have found themselves in ever-smaller niches post-Old War, the Depezador Prime has aged rather gracefully.

Artist Notes
This is what, the second time I've redrawn the Depezador? Or third time I've reworked it?

Anyway. With my skill level having increased, comparatively few attention being paid to the (spookily large) amount of revolvers I did, and actually being able to color, I decided I should make a new Depezador drawing for a new year. One that made it clear exactly what I was going for the first time. 

While an un-primed version of this exists deep in my deviantart, I'm considering that this might be another "stand-alone prime" gun. Unless, of course, I figure out ways to give that one an advantage. 

It's possible the stats (as seen below) may be broken. But honestly? I think I'll be okay. I designed this to be fun, to reward skill, and to give people an opening to use said skill. Admittedly, the fact that this can actually outclass Sharpened Bullets worries me, but I feel like anyone who can land 5 headshots in a row might as well get a reward.

I wanted a powerful revolver (I like revolver) that rewarded my frenetic, headshot-heavy gameplay style. One that felt like it was to sustained damage what the Pandero is to burst damage. 

This is definitely a success.

STATS
Primary Fire
Damage
: 69
    slash: 40
    puncture: 11
    impact: 18
Critical Chance: 32%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 13%
Magazine Size: 9 (+1 shotgun)
Fire Rate: 4.4 rounds per second
Reload: 1.4s

Special Traits
Adds +16% critical damage on headshots up to 5 times.

Secondary Fire: 
Damage: 700
    Cold: 453
    Impact: 170
    Puncture: 77
Magazine Size: 1
Fire Rate: N/A
Status Chance: 23%
Critical Chance: 11%
Critical Multiplier: 3.6x

Hiro

The Hiro has been given +10 damage across the board (139 in primary fire, 163 in secondary). Crit chance has been increased to 18%, and crit chance is increased to 2.2x to bring its damage closer to Lex Prime. 

On 2019-01-25 at 2:00 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ganymede 'Hiro' Tactical Gyrojet Pistol

ganymede__hiro__tactical_rocket_pistol_b

"This Ganymedean sidearm - the constant companion of their security forces - is a recoilless sidearm built for use nullgrav and planetside. This particular model comes with an airburst mode, used to force enemies out of cover."
Primary Fire: Minirockets
Altfire: Airburst
Unique Traits:
      Gyrojet Rounds - Rounds explode on impact.
      Rangefinder - highlights enemies - even through cover, within short ranges - when zoomed in.

(As it worked so well last time, stats are at the bottom)

The standard sidearm of Ganymede's security forces - particularly those around the A Bao A Qu space elevator. In standard firing mode, this .51 caliber exotic pistol's rounds explode on impact with enemies, dealing 2-3 status effects per hit. However, tapping the altfire key will fire a slower-moving airburst round that explodes in proximity to enemies, using both propellant and explosive payload for a larger blast radius that forces enemies out of cover.

The projectiles are slow enough to work for nonlethal purposes, and their archaic and exotic fin-stabilized rocket propulsion method gives them incredible versatility in nullgrav combat situations. Rounds carrying an explosive payload of this magnitude, however, exist in something of a gray area for Ganymedean security forces. On the one hand, the airburst function, antimateriel capability, and undeniable use against Grineer, Corpus, and Infested ensure they'll always be in demand...

...On the other hand, direct hits with this weapon are horrific. And in situations like that, it's common to shell out a higher-velocity weapon. Still, the Hiro has its uses, and its unique features that make this seemingly unwieldy weapon feel that much smoother.

It loads through a stripper clip. You pull back the slide, place it above where the ejection port would typically be on a normal pistol, and slide the rounds in that way.

As a note: These rounds (at least in primary fire) actually act more like the Astilla's slugs, just with far less dropoff, and no falloff. This may not be the strongest launcher pistol, but it's the most controllable, the least likely to kill you, and it holds the most rounds.

Downside? It has a small blast radius in primary fire, and it's non-hitscan.

Notes
I figure this may be a surprise, but... yes. This is Warframe fanart. Really. At the moment, I'm working on an independent colony as inspired by Fortuna and Cetus, and I wanted to do something different with the weaponry. As opposed to making another modular system. I wanted to go for a unique, different aesthetic that would stand out in Warframe. And I figured that having a Space Glock as a cousin to the Lex would be cool. What with the Corpus making so many energy weapons, I probably wouldn't get one from them!

So I made it myself.

I figured that gyrojets hadn't been done before, so this made sense. And, the longer I thought about it, neither had glock pistols. The crit may be a bit high for a 37% status weapon, but... well, I thought it would be fun. That and this is non-hitscan and fires one projectile. I think it may need all the help it can get.

As it happens, the secondary fire wasn't even intentional. At first, anyway. I had the random thought that there was absolutely nothing stopping me from giving this airburst capability. And I realized, that this being Warframe, it made perfect sense in its own bizarre way that made no sense.

Stats:

Shared
Crit Chance: 18%
Crit Multiplier: 2.2x
Magazine Size: 7
Fire Rate: 3.0s
Reload Time: 2.8s
Recoil: NOPE

Primary Fire
Damage: 139
      Blast: 49
      Slash: 40
      Puncture: 21
      Impact: 29
Radius: 2.6m
Deals 60% of damage on initial hit, 40% in AoE.

Secondary Fire
Damage: 163
     Blast: 118
     Slash: 45
Radius: 4.2m

Art Dump 12: The Sidearmory

art_dump_12__the_sidearmory_by_haruaxema

Came up with a bunch of pistol ideas for Warframe, and I want to know which ones you think I should do next!

1. Untitled Tenno Revolver 1: 
    Duplex-charge trigger revolver. The first shot fires a tracking tag, the second tracks toward it. Hold down on the trigger to increase the damage of the follow-up shot, which tracks towards the tagged enemy and explodes.
    Spoiler

Loads kind of like this, but upward instead of to the side. It's something I'd probably have to draw a diagram of:

1287754226.jpg

2. Tenno ‘Mael’ Obrez Pistol
    25+1-round semi auto pistol with dual zoom modes. Possibly a scope. Loads in a top-break fashion, just like the Ostium from earlier. Has high crit, and decent status. It’s got less damage (Not sure how much) and slightly lower crit multiplier, but still superlative stats for a pistol.
    As created by asking myself what I want in a semiauto pistol that’s not a revolver. Turned into Malcolm Reynolds' pistol almost instantly.
  3. Untitled Tenno Revolver 2:
    I have no idea what this does. Honestly, I just wanted to make a revolver that loaded like the one from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Not sure what I’ll do with it, though…
  4. Grineer PDW Pistol
    Can switch between automatic and burst. Think of this as being to the Takkar what the Argonak is to Tiberon Prime - the argonak has slightly less crazy stats, but it’s  simpler on account of having only two fire modes.
  5. Grineer Alternator.
    Think of this like the Flatine to the Vlcak’s Alternator. It has much higher fire rate, but less power. 
  6. Grineer mini-typhoon pistol:
    Machine pistol that can realign its barrels so it works in shotgun mode.
  7. Grineer ‘Sigul’ Flaregun pistol:
    A Grineer flaregun rebuilt into a revolver. Can switch between impact-detonating and sticky modes.
  8. Corpus “Iodex” PDW: 
    Projects a shield in front of the wielder. Fires lasers burst-auto, which steadily get more accurate the longer you hold down the trigger.
  9. Corpus Target Pistol:
    Meant to be a precise, fast-firing scoped weapon accurate at all ranges. Inspired slightly by both the Borchardt pistol and the DH-17 from Star Wars.
  10. Corpus LFG8999 “Atlas”:
    Think of it like a Buzlok as a machine pistol. But with splash damage. As shamelessly inspired by how Atlas pistols from BL3 have splash damage. I'll definitely, definitely have to nerf its stats a bit so its base stats are a little less powerful than the Buzlok. 
  11. …I don’t even know.
  12. Corpus "Goss" Plasma Railgun Pistol
    Think of it as a mini-Lanka, using magnetic coils to fling a spinning ball of plasma towards enemies! I kind of liked the idea of a super-minimalist block of a pistol (I blame Tsutomu Nihei) so it seemed like a good idea at the time. Perhaps there's something to this, but I don't know enough right now.

My personal favorites are, personally:
Sigul (This is, fun fact, the oldest thing in here. If there's anything I'll do SOON™...)
Untitled Revolver 1
Mael
Atlas
Grineer PDW (Even if I don't have a good grasp on how it works, it was fun to draw)
Iodex

Honorable mention goes to the Goss. I don't know much about it, but maybe it's doable. Sometime.