Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Cursed Moon 'Oscilla Rifle'

cursed_moon__oscilla__rifle_by_fluffywol

“Military-grade Cursed Moon that automatically fires oscillating bursts of volatile quasiparticles. According to data archeologists, it was built in great numbers for a population far exceeding the theorized population of the Cursed Moon.

Which explains why so many Tenno have one.”

--Codex

Lore

It’s difficult to classify the Oscilla. The power of a single trigger pull calls to mind a battle rifle, but it’s burstfire and requires you to be on target for maximum damage. But it also cycles these bursts automatically, with a noticeable burst delay. And the final, most damaging percentage of the burst deals moderate area of effect damage.

This weapon also has punch-through, and the explosion will trigger on whatever it hits. 

So what is it? Explosive? Battle rifle? Assault rifle? Who knows?!

That aside, the simplest explanation is that it works like the Dziewannan ‘Dzida’ beam sniper, trading power for reliability. Except you don’t have to take your finger off the trigger between bursts. (ooc: which means that basically, imagine the Charge Rifle from Apex Legends if it had the auto burst trigger. Which, for those of you who don’t know, is the trigger on the Battacor.)

It also has some recoil when the final segment of the burst is fired.

The discovery of the Oscilla is a strange one. After retrieving a Dhoul from the Cursed Moon, the Tenno Yassin took his fellow squad members - Haruka Lorne, Ginebra, and Thane McCrinn - on an expedition. Yassin had been telling his fellow Tenno how rare it is to find an intact, functioning, perfectly preserved weapon, so they should just expect to find scattered, broken weapons with easily salvaged parts that could be frankengun’ed together…

At which point they found a stasis-sealed room full of Oscilla Rifles. They locked down the room to transfer them up to the waiting railjack, which triggered a vigorous, bloody defense of the room. According to Ginebra, the things that attacked them looked like… people half-melted into each other, with multiple faces or mouths or eyes melted into each other. Two, three, even four sets of people seemed to be melded together into bloblike “crawlers” or even charging too-wide or too-tall things with multiple arms, each clutching firearms. Some of them seemed to have once been Grineer or Corpus.

As with most things about the Cursed Moon, the Oscilla’s origins are shrouded in mystery. It has a number of similarities with the Dziewannan  ‘Dzida’ beam rifle, as both boast a skeletonized design, both fire a volatile particle beam, and both act similar to the Opticor. The difference being that the Dzida is meant to act like an anti-materiel rifle.

This suggests early trade with the Dziewannans, that perhaps one of them introduced the technology and both began utilizing it. Or (as is typical for those of Dziewanna) the design was introduced to them and, in a desperate bid for more power, they began brute-force engineering it into an antimateriel rifle.

This all underpins one key fact: There’s a lot of Oscilla rifles, which seem to have been produced in quantities that exceed the proposed population of the Cursed Moon.  It’s theorized that it was meant as a Cursed Moon equivalent to weapons such as the Tenno Avakan, Grineer Karak, or Elysium rifle. That is to say, an ultra-reliable weapon that could be given to fighters that had never used anything more advanced than an unpowered knife.

Which sure explains why so many Tenno seem to have one.

These Oscilla rifles are kept in the armory at the Tenno Relay Alliance Cursed Moon Outpost, which enjoys a non-aggression pact with the Corpus Outpost due to both stations knowing that if the Cursed Moon becomes volatile, they’ll need help from each other. These rifles are available to anyone who earns enough credit or reputation with the Cursed Moon Outpost.

Also, instead of reloading, it has a cooldown period where it vents... steam or something and makes a deep thrumming noise. I have no idea how to reload this.

Stats:

Notes: the final “Charged shot” has slight vertical recoil. Slightly more than the Dex Sybaris, but less than the Sybaris Prime.

general

Trigger: I don’t know how to describe this. Auto-burst-charge? Regular old auto-burst? I wouldn’t know! I used to have DREAMS, guys, but NO, I can’t work on that urban fantasy novel because I have no time management skills and I’m overloaded with [REDACTED] jobs, which… actually make money, so it’s not so bad
Magazine: 60
Burst Delay: 0.14s
Burst Rate: 3.8
Reload: 2s

Uncharged: (x4 ticks, consumes 2 ammo)

Damage: 14(x4)
7 Radiation
4 Slash
3 Puncture
Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
Status Chance: 24%
Punch-Through: 0.8m

Charged (consumes 1 ammo)

Damage: 56
24 Radiation
16 Slash
12 Puncture
Punch-Through: 1.6m

Area Attacks:

Damage: 42
28 Slash
14 Radiation
Radius: 1.2m

Artist Notes

So, you noticed this looks very different from my normal oeuvre. And the reason why is simple: I already had a vision, one that was filled pretty neatly by some extant stuff that I googled while looking for references. I’d copied parts of the silhouettes wholesale, and I’d tried to put together a mockup,. And, as usually happens when I make mockups or joking names, it took on a life of its own and it was too much trouble to create something new. I was like “You know, this’ll take too much time to actually draw when i can just photobash it together, why not?”

If you’re wondering, the two props used are an alien prop weapon from Defiance, and what I think is a Predator rifle prop.

As you'd expect, yes, Giger was an influence.

Another cursed moon Item, really like the aesthetic of these weapons.

So is the trigger were the last shot in the burst does extra damage or is it that you can tap the trigger  for a burst and hold it to do single shots(or the reverse tap for single shots hold for bursts)? or something different?

Edited by Neo3602

2 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

So is the trigger were the last shot in the burst does extra damage or is it that you can tap the trigger  for a burst and hold it to do single shots(or the reverse tap for single shots hold for bursts)? or something different?

The last shot in the burst does extra damage, but the firing cosmetically looks like a beam. But it is also auto burst.

It's... really hard for me to explain. The best comparison is the Charge rifle from Apex Legends.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

The last shot in the burst does extra damage, but the firing cosmetically looks like a beam. But it is also auto burst.

It's... really hard for me to explain. The best comparison is the Charge rifle from Apex Legends.

so it's like a burst beam? where the first 2 "shots" function as a beam would and the last part of the burst functions as a bullet. 

On 2020-03-28 at 9:48 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Corpus 'Avegaar' Laser Machine Pistol

corpus__avegaar__machine_pistol_by_harua

Special Traits
Mounted Shield:  onboard shield module that - when not connected to an external power supply with the necessary hardpoints - protects targets from up to 60% of damage for up to five seconds, with a five-second cooldown period. 
Bonus Damage: Out of the four rounds of the burst, one has a chance to deal +50% bonus damage.

Codex

“When surrounded by crowds, the Avegaar can put something between you and anyone chasing you, all while cooking them alive. Either activate the weapon’s shield, or deploy it for quick cover. Luxor Forge. We’ve Got You Covered!”

A new addition from the ancient Luxor Forge, the Avegaar laser machine pistol fires fully-automatically in oscillating bursts. It comes with an onboard shield module that - when not connected to an external power supply with the necessary hardpoints - protects targets from up to 60% of damage for up to five seconds, with a five-second cooldown period. 

(The Tenno do not have one of said power supplies.)

The shield can be deployed with a tap of the altfire key, but this will consume all the energy remaining in the weapon’s magazine. The Avegaar’s lasers are, for reasons, the only weapons that will penetrate its own shield, regardless of punch-through.  Enemy versions of this shield can easily be worn down with sustained fire... or gimped with explosives.

This weapon was created expressly for use in cramped confines, such as Condor dropships, ‘Bison’ tanks, gas cities, the decks of Venus’ terraforming operation, and shipboard hallways. It’s found prominence among Adjudicators - the primary law enforcement arm of the Corpus. A common tactic during labor strikes and riots is to slowly advance towards a crowd, shields deployed. It’s also become a common sidearm for Corpus snipers and marksmen, due to its deployable shield and rate of fire.

Artist Notes:

I’m thinking back to the Hypodermis (the last auto burst sidearm I made) and I think I may have made it too good. Whoops.

Anyway. This was pretty heavily inspired by Hyperion weapons in Borderlands 3. I liked the weapon-mounted shield, and thought it might be fun - but, well, it exists on a timer because I know full well how numbers are in this game, and that if I gave it a set, impossible-to-break number, it would be either extremely useless or extremely broken.

The deployable shield is inspired by the Auger from Resistance! Tempting as it is to make a rifle like that in Warframe, I feel like this is as far as I should take the gimmick.

Also, on the subject of the shields being infinite with the right power supply: Obviously, the Tenno can get them. But they won’t, for balance reasons.

STATS:

Slot: Secondary

Trigger - Auto Burst
Burst Count: 4
Fire Rate: 12
Magazine: 72
Reload: 2
Damage: 20
8 Heat
9 Slash
3 Puncture
Crit Chance: 12%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Punch-Through: 0.4m

Just fyi the link for this in the table of contents is broken.

4 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Just fyi the link for this in the table of contents is broken.

Aw, piss. Thanks for telling me, I never would've known otherwise!

I also took the opportunity to update the rest of the table of contents. And update some of the perks for the Jubal rifle. Zooming in for 0.5 seconds now lets it fire two rounds almost simultaneously instead of just one!

Tenno 'Jubal' Assault Rifle

“This caseless assault rifle, a distant relative of the Avakan rifle, was made as a gift for one of Haruka Lorne’s human lovers, Jubal the Smiler. It acts as, essentially, a larger, automatic version of the Adjudicas revolver, using successive hits to build up ricochets on headshots. It doesn’t have the sheer stopping power of the Adjudicas but it more than makes up for it with volume of fire.”
Codex

tenno__jubal__assault_rifle_by_fluffywol

Special Traits
+20% Bonus Headshot Damage
Smart Choke: Pausing in between shots for up to 0.5 seconds (this is not affected by fire rate mods) while aimed causes the next trigger pull to fire two rounds simultaneously. Each deal 50% more damage and 20% more headshot damage for a total of 40% total headshot damage. 
Ricochet: Successive hits with this weapon (yes, this includes hitting multiple enemies with punch-through) cause bullets to ricochet to nearby enemies on headshots. The more successive shots you land with this weapon, the more enemies a bullet ricochets towards, for a total of five ricochets. Missing a shot resets the counter.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

Tenno ‘Sivana’ Hunting Pistol

tenno__sivana__pistol_by_fluffywolf36_de
"Basically just a cut-down Veldt. Except for the part where it does gas damage… and causes explosions on headshots.”
Codex

Special Traits: On headshots, causes explosions that deal radial gas damage and have a guaranteed gas proc. As usual, I have no idea how to balance this.

Lore

A pistol built by Ganymedean Orokin for handgun hunting. Though “built” might be overstating it - it was cut to pistol size from stocks of unused Veldt rifles, a platform unpopular with Tenno even then.

Cutting it down, however, resulted in cutting the magazine size in half. The result is an extremely accurate pistol with high stopping power and a magazine just slightly above-average for the stopping power of each round.

While not as powerful as various revolvers from Haruka Lorne, or even the explosive Largo pistol, it was well-loved for its precision, lower recoil, and propensity for causing slash damage. There was a lot to love about it - powerful, heavy, accurate, easily able to zoom in for longer range damage, and exceptionally good at dealing with crowds of enemies. A homemade modification from Ganymede, using an advanced enzyme built into the bullets, allows it to release a radial gas explosion on headshots. This explosion (somehow) rolls its own crit and status independently of the main damage, allowing a user to deal truly unprecedented damage. For frames capable of drawing enemies together, such as Niduses or Zephyrs, this pistol proved able to far outstrip its own damage by inflicting multiple gas damage instances - two, three, even five - on each enemy forced together.

The closest comparisons to this weapon are likely the Largo and Makina. The Makina serves as a slightly more single-target focused version in that it easily irradiates crowds of enemies, often turning them against each other while not dealing that much damage…. And inflicting massive headshot damage. The Largo, however (which was coincidentally also built on Ganymede by a cadet branch of the Entrati family) is more predictable by virtue of always causing explosions and having staggering amounts of crit. 

According to legend, a Primed version belonged to Executor Amita, the high governor of the moon, which made it into a symbol of authority.

However, it came to symbolize other things - namely, sheer sadism.

Firstly, a Warframe based on Ganymede was famed for using various toxin-based pistols (this weapon, the Zakti, and later a Signature Pistol) to cull adherents to the renegade historian Anonymous Ion. Secondly, Ganymede’s forests, imported from Earth and modified through geneforge, played host to a number of creatures - feral Vulkodlak Warframes, Kubrows, Virminks, feral Vobi, and the famed Auramoch. These creatures grew antlers of the same auric bio-metal used in the construction of Orokin architecture and Prime equipment, and were often hunted to provide Orokin with unique sculptures and trophies to festoon their manors. Often with this pistol.

Curiously, they never seemed to depopulate until the Fall of the Orokin.

A story from the small town of New Augun may explain that, however. According to local legend, a drifter clad in rags stumbled into the local taverna, claiming to be an adherent of Anonymous Ion. She’d been abducted by the Orokin, along with other “subversives,” injected with something, and let loose in the woods of the Anat Basin.

She’d watched the fellow subversives slowly change in the forest. Some broke out in boils, another one who wore a silver earring found their face stretching and fur growing across their body, and yet another seemed to be growing the golden antlers of an auramoch from their skull.

The Orokin roundly denied this story, of course, but - when invited to one of the grand parties at a hunting lodge overlooking the Anat Basin - one of the village folk found a Kubrow with a curiously flat face and a silver earring...

STATS

Area Attacks:

Artist Notes

Originally, the gas procs on headshots would’ve gone on the Veuglaire awhile back, but… I was already giving it slight bonus headshot damage, nigh infinite magazine size (assuming that on average you take three shots to kill every enemy and don’t miss at all). It just didn’t seem like a good idea.

I also have a tendency to draw fairly normal weaponry here. Something that I admittedly haven’t done that much of lately, but it felt right to space things out with something weird. With a Tenno pistol that wasn’t a revolver or a giant baroque semiauto pistol with a mag fed through the pistol grip. So I decided to make a pistol version of the Veldt! Except instead of a rifle, this takes more inspiration from a Thompson Center Contender.

I guess the Veldt is technically a revolver, but the Veldt also hurts my head and I do not like the Veldt. Still, it makes a neat silhouette, so good for the art department. You did good.

Next drawing will involve pony. Probably.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

tenno__sivana__pistol_by_fluffywolf36_de

brilliant work!

it was cut to pistol size from stocks of unused Veldt rifles, a platform unpopular with Tenno even then

subtle burn :)

A pistol built by Ganymedean Orokin for handgun hunting. Though “built” might be overstating it - it was cut to pistol size from stocks of unused Veldt rifles, a platform unpopular with Tenno even then.

Cutting it down, however, resulted in cutting the magazine size in half. The result is an extremely accurate pistol with high stopping power and a magazine just slightly above-average for the stopping power of each round.

While not as powerful as various revolvers from Haruka Lorne, or even the explosive Largo pistol, it was well-loved for its precision, lower recoil, and propensity for causing slash damage. There was a lot to love about it - powerful, heavy, accurate, easily able to zoom in for longer range damage, and exceptionally good at dealing with crowds of enemies. A homemade modification from Ganymede, using an advanced enzyme built into the bullets, allows it to release a radial gas explosion on headshots. This explosion (somehow) rolls its own crit and status independently of the main damage, allowing a user to deal truly unprecedented damage. For frames capable of drawing enemies together, such as Niduses or Zephyrs, this pistol proved able to far outstrip its own damage by inflicting multiple gas damage instances - two, three, even five - on each enemy forced together.

The closest comparisons to this weapon are likely the Largo and Makina. The Makina serves as a slightly more single-target focused version in that it easily irradiates crowds of enemies, often turning them against each other while not dealing that much damage…. And inflicting massive headshot damage. The Largo, however (which was coincidentally also built on Ganymede by a cadet branch of the Entrati family) is more predictable by virtue of always causing explosions and having staggering amounts of crit. 

According to legend, a Primed version belonged to Executor Amita, the high governor of the moon, which made it into a symbol of authority.

However, it came to symbolize other things - namely, sheer sadism.

Firstly, a Warframe based on Ganymede was famed for using various toxin-based pistols (this weapon, the Zakti, and later a Signature Pistol) to cull adherents to the renegade historian Anonymous Ion. Secondly, Ganymede’s forests, imported from Earth and modified through geneforge, played host to a number of creatures - feral Vulkodlak Warframes, Kubrows, Virminks, feral Vobi, and the famed Auramoch. These creatures grew antlers of the same auric bio-metal used in the construction of Orokin architecture and Prime equipment, and were often hunted to provide Orokin with unique sculptures and trophies to festoon their manors.

Curiously, they never seemed to depopulate until the Fall of the Orokin.

A story from the small town of New Augun may explain that, however. According to local legend, a drifter clad in rags stumbled into the local taverna, claiming to be an adherent of Anonymous Ion. She’d been abducted by the Orokin, along with other “subversives,” injected with something, and let loose in the woods of the Anat Basin.

She’d watched the fellow subversives slowly change in the forest. Some broke out in boils, another one who wore a silver earring found their face stretching and fur growing across their body, and yet another seemed to be growing the golden antlers of an auramoch from their skull.

The Orokin roundly denied this story, of course, but - when invited to one of the grand parties at a hunting lodge overlooking the Anat Basin - one of the village folk found a Kubrow with a curiously flat face and a silver earring...

Nice and creepy, great work as always :)

5 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

subtle burn :)

20 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I just didn't see the point lol. I already have the Kuva Quartakk, which basically does four times the status. And adding insult to injury I actually like my Latron Wraith more. Though this is mainly because I have a ridiculous Latron riven.

5 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Nice and creepy, great work as always :)

Thanks =D I was worried the part about gradually transfiguring the "prey" might be going too far, but then I was all like eh

When you think about it, the Orokin are basically a combination of the Imperium of Man's love of gold, Dark Age of Technology levels of tech, and Dark Eldar levels of sadism.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I was worried the part about gradually transfiguring the "prey" might be going too far, but then I was all like eh

Well given how scary alchemy was to the Orokin, it makes sense that their own powers are horrifying.

noice, grats. I've got a similar boost on my Buzlok riven, so I'm glad that it's gimmick has been fixed, no more bad pathing homing shots.

When you think about it, the Orokin are basically a combination of the Imperium of Man's love of gold, Dark Age of Technology levels of tech, and Dark Eldar levels of sadism.

Very much so. Plus, also the genetic exceptionalism of the movie Gattaca and maybe a touch of Blade Runner in their handling of Sentients.

49 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

noice, grats. I've got a similar boost on my Buzlok riven, so I'm glad that it's gimmick has been fixed, no more bad pathing homing shots.

My buzlok riven has cold, critical chance, and (bizarrely) rate of fire. I was rolling it for critical and elemental damage because I cannot stand it without Primed Shred, the RoF was kind of an accident.

Seriously, buzlok is great with punch-through. You can tag people through doors, you can do indirect fire through other enemies... fun stuff.

53 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Well given how scary alchemy was to the Orokin, it makes sense that their own powers are horrifying.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

TBH ever since The War Within, I've operated on the idea that the Orokin saw everyone around them as... maybe not even people or things with emotions, and more along the lines of raw materials. 

1 hour ago, Teoarrk said:

Very much so. Plus, also the genetic exceptionalism of the movie Gattaca and maybe a touch of Blade Runner in their handling of Sentients.

Possibly also Darling in the Franxxx or even Evangelion, when you consider how the Tenno (despite being the saviors of the empire) were..

oh my God it's an entire race of Gendo Ikari.

bruh

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to thank all of you for getting me to page 69. Nice job, everyone.

Corpus 'Abrasor' Explosive Plasma Shotgun

corpus__abrasor__plasma_shotgun_by_fluff

“Corpus explosive plasma shotgun. Doesn’t have the one-shot devastation and power of a Plasmor,  but it makes up for this with range and explosive power.”
--Codex

An old, reliable Corpus shotgun manufactured by Luxor Forge. Not entirely unlike the Tenno ‘Athenaeum’ shotgun, it’s a bullpup mag-fed weapon. Unlike that weapon, it fires four explosive plasmoids that rupture on impact, ablating surfaces and releasing both plasma and massive kinetic force.

In short: Explosive plasma shotgun.

Originally a less-lethal riot-control weapon meant to nonlethally impact crowds with kinetic force, the Abrasor has - after an injection of Orokin-era knowledge from Parvos Granum - become a widely-loved choice for Corpus Terra personnel and Vapos personnel. Plasmor users contend that it’s inferior because it doesn’t fire the Plasmor’s sheer one-shot undodgeable boulder of death. Abrasor users often retort that at least they can hit things at rifle range. 

In the cramped confines of shipboard hallways, the Abrasor can be a nightmare to face, exploding against walls and releasing a hail of explosions. 

Or alternatively, if it’s wielded by someone facing Infested, it is a dream of the somewhat moist variety.

It can rip into hordes of charging Infested and stunning them. At which point, Corpus flamers armed with the Klystron microwave beamer will saturate them with radiation and flame.

Because of all these advantages, Parvos Granum has forbidden its use against Solaris workers on the basis that it could cause truly unacceptable levels of damage to their mechanical components.

Sound notes - in between each shot, there’s a deep thrumming to simulate the same mental response as pumping the shotgun.

Stats

• Trigger: Semi
  • Fire Rate: 1.8
  • Mag size: 10
  • Reload time:2.5s
  • Total Damage: 640

On impact

• Pellets: 4
  • Damage: 320 (80x4)
  • 200 Impact
  • 120 Slash
  • Critical Chance: 16%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
  • Status Chance: 30%
  • 100% damage up to 21m
  • 50% damage at 42m

Radial:

• Damage: 320 (80x4)
  • 80 Impact
  • 200 Electric
  • 40 Slash
  • Critical Chance: 16%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
  • Radius: 2m

Artist Notes

Yeah, that’s right. Explosive shotgun. I mean, I know I did this twice (there was the Chadam Autoshotgun [man, I need to edit that.] and Tenebrae tactical shotgun) but this one should really feel explosive. It’s got huge status, there’s some damage type shenanigans going on so you can build it for Viral, Heat, and AoE radiation for some funny results, especially with Galvanized Shot. Or whatever the Galvanized mod is.

I was going to post a revolver next, but I realized I felt like I was in a rut. Again. I didn’t know what caused it, until I realized “Hey wait a minute! It’s just been rifles and pistols for awhile now!” So I made this shotgun!

(On that note maybe I should make a launcher next. It has been SUPER LONG since I did anything that goes in the Sniper ammo pool. Maybe a grineer rocket launcher. That would be pretty dope.)

The general design takes inspiration from a bunch of Turkish shotguns, especially the UTS-12. 

I also have two gun images finished that are pretty photobashed, but as the last two Warframe guns have been photoshooped with minimal effort from me (in fact that one Cursed Moon gun took less than a day to make! WOW) it felt important that I make sure everyone knew it wasn’t becoming a trend.

Also, since I mentioned it earlier - the Athenaeum is a placeholder name. I drew up a bullpup box-mag-fed shotgun inspired by one of my Aliens Fireteam builds awhile ago, and a lot of the greek city-state names are taken. I already have a slamfire shotgun named the Syracuse drawn out, (perhaps I should post that at some point. That would be pretty dope) the Corinth already exists, and naming it the Ithaca would be too easy.

The idea behind the Athenaeum is that it’s non-hitscan, has wide spread…. And has a perk that causes radial heat damage on headshots. Just like one mod from FTE. It’s sort of an anti-precision weapon. There’ll probably be something that tightens the spread if you ADS long enough, I guess.

This one isn't really that lore-heavy compared to the last few, but all honesty I wanted to just chill and draw a Big Shotgun. Which I'm guessing is pretty #relatable to my audience. I played WF last night, and found myself worrying that this is just like the time I played Runescape, built it up as more than it was, and found the actual game disappointing me. I've written so much about other origin system cultures, created about nineteen guns that imply other cultures...

So, y'know. Just wanted to make something more chill.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Entrati “Yahrzeit” Flamethrower

entrati__yahrzeit___incendiary_beam_by_f

This Entrati weapon is perhaps best described as an armor-piercing flamethrower. It fires an oscillating thermal beam that punches through any material, causing arcs of heat to jet out from whatever it hits. Its siphon launcher fires a ball of plasma that passes through organic targets and explodes (twice) on contact with non-organic targets. This weapon is devastating against armor, and nightmarish against the unarmored.”

Essentially an armor-piercing hybrid of flamethrower and assault rifle, this Entrati energy weapon fires a fusion beam that arcs to nearby enemies. While it doesn’t have the massive beams of an Ignis Wraith or Amprex, it makes up for this with longer range… and an ability to simply ignore cover of any kind. This weapon deals heat damage and causes electric damage to arc out from the point of impact, not unlike an Amprex. 

These electric attacks chain up to 2 nearby enemies within 8 meters from the initial target, with each chain doing 50% of the previous chain's damage.

Altfire shoots a wave of radiation that blurs the line between shotgun and grenade. The simplest way to imagine it is a shot from an Arca Plasmor that passes through organic targets…. And then it bounces a meter up from the point of impact explodes into several smaller energy bomblets when it hits a hard surface.

It’s unclear what the original purpose of numerous Entrati weapons was - partly due to the Entrati suffering Void-induced memory loss, and partly due to Orokin obfuscation of history. The only people that would’ve known this would be the three who designed it - Valdor Aulay, (who was taken by the Orokin) Father Entrati(who suffered Infestation-derived memory loss) and Haruka Lorne (who suffered a combination of orokin conditioning-induced memory loss, void-induced memory loss and cryo-based memory loss). It's not entirely certain what, exactly, Aulay did, but Haruka and Father recall him contributing some designs and the name.

The most common theory is that it was made for use against Infested outbreaks, and the existence of the Yahrzeit certainly supports this idea. It can, with no effort whatsoever, turn entire corridors into killboxes. Some Orokin troops, an early generation of anti-Sentient fighters predating the Zero-Techs, would carry deployable Yahrzeit weapons that they would place at strategic points. These would be slaved to Cephalons, and Entrati-supplied Necraloids which are definitely the same thing as Cephalons.

And some of those troops who survived had another theory - that it was derived from a technology originally intended for use against something else. Despite energy weapons often proving ineffective against Sentients, the Yahrzeit was extraordinarily useful against them, too. And that made some of these troops wonder - if this worked against the Sentients, was it also used against ancient artificial intelligences in the distant past of the Origin System?

Sadly, production of these weapons slowed to a crawl once Sentient advances destroyed much of the Orokin industry in the Jovians, and stopped entirely once the fledgling Corpus snapped up these sites.

Stats

• Trigger: Continuous
  • Accuracy: 12.6
  • Fire Rate: 10
  • Magazine: 120
  • Reload: 3.2s
  • Projectile Type: Discharge

Normal Attacks

• Damage: 24
  • Heat 12
  • Puncture 8
  • Slash 4
  • Ammo Cost: 0.5
  • Critical Chance: 24%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
  • Status Chance: 36%
  • Beam Range: 38m
  • Punch-Through: 2.2m

Area Attacks:

• Damage: 12 Electric / 6 Heat
  • Status Chance: 36%
  • Punch-Through: 2.2m

Altfire

Projectile-

• Damage: 400 Radiation
  • Critical Chance: 26%
  • Status Chance: 45%
  • Infinite Enemy Punch-Through

Explosion:

• Damage:  200 Radiation
  •  

Cluster Bombs

• Damage: 100(x8) Heat

Artist Notes

I was gonna post this last night. But then I ended up trying to do Kuva Fissure Survival and ended up stuck with people who refused to actually do the mission and wanted to just AFK while letting someone else do the work, then the timer ran out. And it’s not like I was depressed, but it was just hard to put in the energy at that point. I love Kuva survival, I was so happy to be with people that'd actually be there for more than 10 minutes, then I got blueballed.

Anyway. This weapon, like (I assume) most Entrati weapons, takes a lot of inspiration from 40k. It’s basically a combination of every human weapon from that setting that can burn things… and Mortarion’s pistol, the Lantern. It fires a beam (like a laser) of intense heat (like a flamer or melta) that arcs to nearby enemies (like a Volkite!). And it fires an explosive ball of death like a plasma gun. Aesthetically, the biggest influences were Mortarion’s pistol, various Van Saar weapons, and other Entrati guns.

The general idea here was a weapon that’s a hybrid of the Ignis and the Amprex. Just with longer range. And to transplant something somewhat like a volkite weapon into warframe.

• Like 3

On 2021-11-26 at 8:38 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Corpus 'Abrasor' Explosive Plasma Shotgun

corpus__abrasor__plasma_shotgun_by_fluff

“Corpus explosive plasma shotgun. Doesn’t have the one-shot devastation and power of a Plasmor,  but it makes up for this with range and explosive power

I really like this one , simple and effective 

55 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

“Yahrzeit” Flamethrower

entrati__yahrzeit___incendiary_beam_by_f

This Entrati weapon is perhaps best described as an armor-piercing flamethrower. It fires an oscillating thermal beam that punches through any material, causing arcs of heat to jet out from whatever it hits. Its siphon launcher fires a ball of plasma that passes through organic targets and explodes (twice) on contact with non-organic targets. This weapon is devastating against armor, and nightmarish against the unarmored

I really like the visual design but this gun feel like there to much going on with the passives  we are talking borderlands levels off weird. The main fire is flamethrower that turns enemies into tesla coils and the alt fire is arca plasmor that shaters on a cluster grenade. I do really like the alt fire because it can be exploited by good position( jumping , shot pass trougjt enemy , hit ground and explode ) but I do thing the main fire would benefit from just having the glaxiom vandal thing of damage around the main target ( instead of beam bouncing)

Now changing topic. Any progress on the direction you want to go with the bee frame. Also any ideas for bee guns , frames are a really neat opportunity to introduce unique guns like bee hive launcher and bee swarm thrower.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

but I do thing the main fire would benefit from just having the glaxiom vandal thing of damage around the main target ( instead of beam bouncing)

I see what you mean here, but like... I've done that twice (and I have a Gaze kitgun). It's just... it's been done. A lot.

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

Now changing topic. Any progress on the direction you want to go with the bee frame. Also any ideas for bee guns , frames are a really neat opportunity to introduce unique guns like bee hive launcher and bee swarm thrower.

Honestly, haven't thought that much about it. I've been... well. I've had lots other stuff on my mind.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I see what you mean here, but like... I've done that twice (and I have a Gaze kitgun). It's just... it's been done. A lot.

Weirdely enought. That´s kinda off my point. Make the gun a bit more mundane. there is such nonsense as too much going on.  I´m guilty of it all the time. 

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Honestly, haven't thought that much about it. I've been... well. I've had lots other stuff on my mind.

Notify me when it back on the plate. 

Edited by keikogi

Currently working on an Entrati gun inspired by... well. A lot of stuff. The coils at the back are inspired by relic bolters used by the Thunder Warriors, the general shape is inspired by the Absolvor Bolt Pistol, and the stuff over the barrel is inspired by Kharn's plasma pistol. I'm also reusing old assets from earlier drawings (fun fact; the rear receiver here has been used on two designs!) because Entrati weapons are extremely time-consuming to draw. Do you know how long it took to make all the parts of the rear receiver there? I don't, but it was awhile.

This'll get posted at some point. However, I just realized that most of the last few weapons have ben non-hitscan explosives. Or in the case of the Sivana and Oscilla, they've been hitscan with blast radii.

So I'm gonna be experimenting with some non-hitscan, relatively normal stuff for.... I wanna say 2/3 of the next few guns? This may or may not be one of them. 

• Like 1

RETCON ALERT:
So, I managed to come up with a decent-looking aesthetic for some of the Vaulter weaponry, derived from the uninfested parts of that Infested gun I made awhile back. Unfortunately, I have decided to go back on this. Because the whole deal with the Vaulters is that they're supposed to feel unsettlingly normal compared to WF. 

So if I make anything Vaulter, it may conflict with some established lore, as much as anything I do really counts as "lore." Or it might look too Ganymedean, because every Ganymedean gun is meant to feel like a modern weapon (or something made with modern aesthetics in mind, not unlike the LSR44 from Killzone) as filtered through a head injury.

Or both.

Here's the beginnings of that aesthetic. I'm just gonna... you know what, screw it, this is gonna be the first Oeizu gun I release. Or second. I got time. Whatev.

RETCON ALERT:
So, I managed to come up with a decent-looking aesthetic for some of the Vaulter weaponry, derived from the uninfested parts of that Infested gun I made awhile back. Unfortunately, I have decided to go back on this. Because the whole deal with the Vaulters is that they're supposed to feel unsettlingly normal compared to WF. 

So if I make anything Vaulter, it may conflict with some established lore, as much as anything I do really counts as "lore." Or it might look too Ganymedean, because every Ganymedean gun is meant to feel like a modern weapon (or something made with modern aesthetics in mind, not unlike the LSR44 from Killzone) as filtered through a head injury.

Or both.

Here's the beginnings of that aesthetic. I'm just gonna... you know what, screw it, this is gonna be the first Oeizu gun I release. Or second. I got time. Whatev.

Ambitious! Rare is the time that one can and will actively go into the past to change the course of the future like this. I wish you luck on the retroactive adjustment to be made suh! 

Is the green beam meant to be a “barrel alignment placeholder” for your personal use, or, will you be apeing the “Covenant aesthetic” with the “open internals and visible energy areas” style? 

Edited by Unus

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Ambitious! Rare is the time that one can and will actively go into the past to change the course of the future like this. I wish you luck on the retroactive adjustment to be made suh! 

Ehhh, most of the material that could contradict me probably hasn't been published yet. Only issue is the Emesis gun's uninfested parts look sort of like a Necron gun, not like the aesthetic I was going for here.

infested__emesis__bioplasma_gun_by_fluff

Maybe I can just handwave it by saying the Infestation warped its shape...

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Is the green beam meant to be a “barrel alignment placeholder” for your personal use, or, will you be apeing the “Covenant aesthetic” with the “open internals and visible energy areas” style? 

A little of both tbh. The more fuzzy half is meant to be contained in a tube, kinda like Necron weapons. the other, more solid one... was mostly intended to be a barrel. It's just lime green so it doesn't blend in with the rest of the outline.