Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ร—

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - ๐˜พ๐™Š๐™๐™‹๐™๐™Ž ๐™๐™‡๐˜ผ๐™๐˜ฝ๐™€๐˜ผ๐™ˆ!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

1 minute ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

I'll probably sketch it out one of these days, I just have too many things I want to do and not enough time to do them. You know how it goes.

I totally get it. Not only am I sitting on mountains of undercooked guns in the art dumps, but I'm also working on like three fanfics with chapters that routinely exceed 12k words.

Art Dump 12: KUVA TIME

Awhile ago, I was playing Enter The Gungeon, and I got the Blooper, which is a huge homage to the Blunderbuss. As shown below in this Spoiler.

Spoiler

ย 

17ty5b1rvfwv5jpg.jpg

ย 

An interesting thing about the Blunderbuss is that it's pump-action shotgun. But instead of a magazine tube or box magazine, the Blunderbuss is just... a tube. With a pump. That's weird, right? So I was thinking of that, and I decided to see how I could explore it.

The results are below.ย 

I'm gonna askย youย - the people curious enough to read this threadnought - what parts of these shotguns you want to keep in the final product?ย 

IMG_2623.JPG?width=670&height=746

Someone's been looking at Rogga concept art

sean-bigham-sb-grineer-queens-guard-flin

I like the barrel of the first one (on your picture), but feel like having a buttstock on this type of weapon is kinda pointless (maybe have that Sten-like stock of the 4th (again referring to your picture)?). And if it's supposed to be a blunderbuss, shouldn't it be a breechloader?

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Art Dump 12: KUVA TIME

Awhile ago, I was playing Enter The Gungeon, and I got the Blooper, which is a huge homage to the Blunderbuss. As shown below in this Spoiler.

ย  Hide contents

ย 

17ty5b1rvfwv5jpg.jpg

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

An interesting thing about the Blunderbuss is that it's pump-action shotgun. But instead of a magazine tube or box magazine, the Blunderbuss is just... a tube. With a pump. That's weird, right? So I was thinking of that, and I decided to see how I could explore it.

The results are below.ย 

I'm gonna askย youย - the people curious enough to read this threadnought - what parts of these shotguns you want to keep in the final product?ย 

IMG_2623.JPG?width=670&height=746

Hm, so, like, a concealable sortaย single-shot pump action? Button of pellets, but, a spread vaguely like "I threw a jarย of marbles on the ground and they fell where they wilt?"

ย 

Current money is invested in Mark 3's butt, Mark 1's trigger, Mark 2's pop-top sight, Mark 4's barrel, and Mark 4's "gripish" protrusion.

Edited by Unus

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Someone's been looking at Rogga concept art

ย 

I did indeed! I was thinking about the Rogga artstyle when I thought of the Blunderbuss from Looper. Cause, well, this one-barrel pipe thing sure wasn't going to be a Tenno weapon, or a Corpus weapon, and Kuva just seemed like the only way to make it interesting. Plus, I wanted to make a primary Rogga for some time now.

I like the barrel of the first one (on your picture), but feel like having a buttstock on this type of weapon is kinda pointless

I just prefer to draw primary shotguns with stocks, I guess. I'dย likeย to make the requisite Terminator 2 homage (really, I would) but I just have an easier time imagining someone firing a shotgun with a way to brace forย the recoil.

And if it's supposed to be a blunderbuss, shouldn't it be a breechloader?

Not that I know of. I was sort of going off of various flintlock blunderbusses like this thing.

pirate_blunderbuss.JPG

What makes you say that, though?

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Hm, so, like, a concealable sortaย single-shot pump action? Button of pellets, but, a spread vaguely like "I threw a jarย of marbles on the ground and they fell where they wilt?"

ย 

Not certain yet. Definitely going for something with a wide cone, though. But, not necessarily single shot. The idea was sort of like "Hey, the Zarr loads shell by shell.. so do pump-action shotguns... I know! I'll make a Zarr that's mostly a shotgun!"ย 

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Current money is invested in Mark 3's butt, Mark 1's trigger, Mark 2's pop-top sight, Mark 4's barrel, and Mark 4's "gripish" protrusion.

Interesting. I'll try and photobash that together to see what works.

Sorry it took so long, guys! I was at bronycon... and there was a dance party... and the Too Many Pinkie Pies panel where I was accepted as one of the Pinkies... and so many cute cosplayers... and a bunch of panels.... and meeting Joshscorcher... and learning about cosplay... and also cosplaying... and beer.... and getting a signature...

That was a big weekend. Spectacor dropping in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Cephalon 'Spectacor' Tesla Shotgun

cephalon__spectacor__tesla_shotgun_by_ha

โ€œCephalon shotgun that fires a burst of electrolasers which arc to nearby enemies on direct hits.โ€

Primary Fire: Tesla Shotgun - fires electrolasers
Secondary Fire:ย Beam - a utility beam that releases radial heat damage

ย 

Special Traits:
Auto Charge: Whenย in primary fire, this automatically charges a successive shot after firing, using surplus energy to recharge the chamber. This is meant to make the weapon less cumbersome. And, psychologically, it will make you think youโ€™re firing a pump-action on account of the sound.

Arc Beams:ย On direct hitsย in primary fire, electricity has a 75% chance chain to the closest living enemy in range dealing half the beamโ€™s damage. From there it will chain additional times (2 to 3 times total), halving the damage each time. Chance to arc decreases from 75% -55/% - 35/% from initial hit.

Lore

ย 

The Spectacor uses an array of micro-laser emitters (By default, set to wide-dispersion-wave mode) and directional prongs to ionize nearby enemies and unleash a burst of electrolasers, which saturate an area with electricity.

In altfire, it fires a precise, short-ranged beam just outside the shotgunโ€™s effective range, which superheats anything within a 1.5m radius of the point of impact. While originally meant for welding and construction, it found a use (As so many things often do in the Origin System) cutting and clearing Infested biometal and plesh. As it fires, the curved Gammacor-like prongs float and twist backwards, giving the weapon a silhouette similar to a crossbow.

But itโ€™s more than just a shotgun and welding combo. It can easily be reconfigured to work as a comms laser-based field transmitter, navigational beacon, less-lethal electric tool, network repeater, spectrometer - the Spectacor boasts a wide variety of functions. Built for Cephalon operatives accustomed to harsh conditions far outside the few pockets of civilization within the Origin System, itโ€™s a rugged, powerful weapon that pushes Cephalon construction precepts to their limits.

These rare operatives (And even some Tenno, trusted with exploring areas still scarred by the Old War) swear by the Spectacor. Reported uses include reactivating ship systems, gathering data on Void and Sentient events, welding barricades into place, relaying information to Cephalons Suda and Simaris, creating emergency communications arrays, rendering suspects of interest unconscious, taking on crowds of enemies, and sabotaging enemy machinery.

It loads from a battery just under half the size of the average Corpus Power Cell, placed inside the stock in a manner similar to the Tenno โ€œTiberonโ€ burst fire rifle.

ย 

Artist Notes:

โ€ฆI donโ€™t know what โ€œpleshโ€ is.

As inspired by @Stellar_Seekerโ€™s Fulgrok, which made me start asking the question: What if the Amprex was a shotgun with the Semi trigger? While I donโ€™t regret asking the question, Iโ€™ll be the first to admit: It was very difficult.ย 

Cephalon weapons, as some of you know full well, areย seriouslyย uncharted territory for us. We only have about three to work from, not counting unique variants. And the aesthetic there is not exactly conducive to shotgun designs. The ideal โ€œshotgun silhouette,โ€ in my mind, should be short, heavy, and thick. (Nevermind that Iโ€™ve bent this rule with the Tenebrae, but whatevs) Meanwhile Cephalon designs are ultra-minimalist and spindly, which does not exactlyย workย with my vision of a recognizable shotgun.ย 

Predictably, I ended up just copying from the Scattershot from Halo 4 and onwards - I just made sure to add lots of floating, spindly individual parts. This is also why you can see so many floating parts. Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ll also be able to find some in the same places on the Scattershot.

The alt fire wasโ€ฆ. well, I admit it. It was tacked on. But it felt right to add it in - to give the weapon a feature that added a little more depth. The low-to-average crit is there in sort of an homage to the Strun Wraith - yes, you can build it for crit, but unlike with the Strun Wraith and more like the Astilla, you just gotta ask:ย Should I?

After all, I have a crit build Astilla. Itโ€™s pretty good.

The main reason behind the status focus was because every shotgun Iโ€™ve made so far (at least, all the shotguns Iโ€™ve statted, counting the minuscule amount of effort I put into starting the Somesha) has either been crit-focused, had a status-focused altfire, or both! Usually both. Since status shotguns are The Thing in Warframe, I figured I might as well cater to it here. Originally, I was going to give it 37% status, but >30% status and decent crit are the Strun Wraithโ€™s thing. I donโ€™t want to encroach on that. I like Strun Wraith.

Stats

Primary Fire: Tesla Shotgun - fires electrolasers
ย  ย ย Trigger: Semi
ย  ย ย Damage:ย 510
ย  ย ย ย  ย ย Electricity: 240
ย  ย ย ย  ย ย Slash: 160
ย  ย ย ย  ย ย Puncture: 110
ย  ย ย Fire Rate: 3.0s
ย  ย ย Projectiles:ย 8
ย  ย ย Magazine: 6
ย  ย ย Status Chance:ย 12%
ย  ย ย 
Critical Chance: 15%
ย  ย ย 
Critical Multiplier: 1.9x
ย  ย ย 
Reload: 1.2s
ย  ย ย 
Falloff:
ย  ย ย ย  ย ย 
Full Damage to 11m
ย  ย ย ย  ย ย Min Damage at 22m
ย  ย ย ย  ย  60% max reduction

ย 

ย  ย ย Trigger: Charge-continuous
ย  ย ย Damage: 96 Electricity (on impact)
ย  ย ย Charge Time: 0.6s
ย  ย ย Fire Rate:ย 12.0s
ย  ย ย Range Limit: 24m
ย  ย ย Radius:ย 1m
ย  ย ย Ammo Cost: 0.5ย units per shot
ย  ย ย Area Attacks:ย 
ย  ย ย ย  ย ย Damage:ย 36 heat
ย  ย ย ย  ย ย Blast Radius: 1.5mย 
ย  ย ย Status Chance: 30%
ย  ย ย Critical Chance: 17%
ย  ย ย Critical Multiplier:ย 2.0x

Special Traits:
Auto Charge: Whenย in primary fire, this automatically charges a successive shot after firing, using surplus energy to recharge the chamber. This is meant to make the weapon less cumbersome. And, psychologically, it will make you think youโ€™re firing a pump-action on account of the sound.

Arc Beams:ย On direct hitsย in primary fire, electricity has a 75% chance chain to the closest living enemy in range dealing half the beamโ€™s damage. From there it will chain additional times (2 to 3 times total), halving the damage each time. Chance to arc decreases from 75% -55/% - 35/% from initial hit.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I wasn't paying enough attention, lol.

ย  Reveal hidden contents

corpus_reinforcements_3__part_1_by_hugin

Then again, mine is a plasma grenade launcher.

ย 

ย MOTHERF-ย 

I swear, I couldn't think of a better name XD. For some reason, I was so sure it worked as a spectrometer too, and I was like "Fokkin whatever, man, I guess that works"

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

ย MOTHERF-ย 

I swear, I couldn't think of a better name XD. For some reason, I was so sure it worked as a spectrometer too, and I was like "Fokkin whatever, man, I guess that works"

Well, I named it off of the word "spectacle". Cause the big boom is a spectacle to watch.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I must admit I don't understand what this is supposed to do.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

ย  ย ย Trigger: Charge-continuous
ย  ย ย Damage: 96 Electricity (on impact)
ย  ย ย Charge Time: 0.6s

Why does the beam have charge time?

35 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

As inspired by @Stellar_Seekerโ€™s Fulgrok, which made me start asking the question: What if the Amprex was a shotgun with the Semi trigger? While I donโ€™t regret asking the question, Iโ€™ll be the first to admit๏ปฟ: It was very difficult.ย ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ

ย 

Eeeeeeyย 

Gun seems cool.

16 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Why does the beam have charge time?

Why not? It's already going to have AoE and pretty high damage by beam standards. Besides, I wanted to try that for awhile.

ย 
ย 

Also, the charge thing, well...ย it's just a series of audiovisual cues - a blue circle in the reticle, a cool sound kinda like this - that make it feel like a pump-action shotgun. Except, well, it's not. I couldn't add a manual pump on, because... well, it just wouldn't feel right.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

cephalon__spectacor__tesla_shotgun_by_ha

I, uh... I need this.

ย 

NOW.

ย 

I'm very fond of the cephalon weapon aesthetic (the Simulor especially) but have never really enjoyed their gameplay. This weapon looks excellent and seems like it might solve that little issue.

16 hours ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

Eeeeeeyย 

Gun seems cool.

Thanks, dood. ^~^

14 hours ago, Loza03 said:

, uh... I need this.

ย 

NOW.

High praise! =D If only I could, dood. If only.

14 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I'm very fond of the cephalon weapon aesthetic (the Simulor especially) but have never really enjoyed their gameplay. This weapon looks excellent and seems like it might solve that little issue.

I get what you mean. I was justย okayย with the regular Gammacor (It wasn't groundbreaking and it wasn't the best beam weapon I've ever used, it was just okay I guess) and I've never used the Simulor... but it's always confused me a little how I have such a hard time trying to understand how the Simulor works. In a game like Spacelords, it'd totally fit in as one of Aneska's weapons, but in Warframe - where there'sย so much stuffย going on at any time - sometimes I just need a weapon that I can immediately understand and doesn't feel like a minigame all on its own. Y'know what I mean?

P.S - Aneska's weapons are here. The Ionizer is the only one I actually think people would be willing to use if I somehow managed to export all of these to Warframe. Like.... with how fast-paced Warframe is and how many enemies we're typically up against, I seriously doubt that anyone would have the patience to use the Invictus (it fires bouncing explosives).

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE - SOMESHA HAS NOW RECEIVED S T A T Sย 

On 2018-07-17 at 9:06 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

HWUAT'S THIS

IS IT AN AUTOSHOTGUN INSPIRED BY THE AA12 AND SOMA? IT IS

TENNO 'SOMESHA' AUTOSHOTGUN

tenno__somesha__autoshotgun_by_haruaxema

"Teach the corrupt and vile of the Origin System an object lesson in power with this slash-and-crit focused Tenno autoshotgun."

ย 

Stats:
Primary: Razor Buckshot Shells

Crit Chance - 35%
Crit Multiplier - 3.0x
Status Chance - 11%
Damage:ย 288
ย  ย  ย  144 Slash
ย  ย  ย  96 Puncture
ย  ย  ย  48 Impact
Accuracy: 9.5
Magazine: 20
Trigger:ย Auto-Spool
Rate Of Fire:ย 4.1
Reload:ย 3.2s
Accuracy:ย 9.1

Secondary: Dragon's Breath Shells
Replaces all base damage types with heat. This is mostly so the wiki can have the Somesha proudly listed as the onlyย "Auto Spool" shotgun.
(Maybe I don't even need this... ah, well. C'est la vie.)

Traits:

Accurizing Choke -ย spread becomes tighter the longer it's fired.

ย 

Lore

A crit and slash-based Tenno autoshotgun made by the maker of the Soma, in a competition between them and the Archimedian that created the Pandero, Tenora, andย Quadrille. Where the maker of the Quadrille went for flexibility, the maker of the Somesha went for overwhelming force. In a fit of pique, he "borrowed" the accuracy-and-stability enhancing mechanisms of the Tenora, giving the Somesha tighter spread the longer it's fired. Its "Dragon's Breath" altfire also shoots out a cone of fire, which the Archimedian determined (correctly) would give it incredible usefulness against Infested.

Coincidentally, this also means it is compatible with Combustion Beam.

While it saw limited use in the Sentient War, it was well loved by Tenno, Dax soldiers, and others who used it to purge Infested.

ย 

Artist Notes:ย 

Sometimes, I have complex concepts for weapons. This was not one of them, because - say it with me -ย Crit-based autoshotgun!

As inspired by the Soma. Yes, it's a Soma in shotgun form. You want this now, don't you? Don't lie.

Originally, I called this the Amos. This was nixed, on the basis that while it was a cool Expanse reference, it just felt silly to have 'Soma' backwards. The name is actually the causative tense of the Swahili word 'Soma,' which means "to read." Somesha, however, means "make read," or "Educate." I was going to go for a a name that felt more Warframe, inspired by Sanskrit or hinduism or Japan, or China, but then I was all like "ehhhhh..." cause it was 8:00 and I haven't eaten yet.