Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

56 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

enno ‘Neophytou’ Dual-Tube Shotgun

tenno__neophytou__dual_tube_shotgun_by_h

Primary Fire: Buckshot

The brustron influence is noticeable. Kind of like the way the weapon rewards skilled use with secondary fire.

Also, Am I the only one the see two eyes and beak?

38 minutes ago, keikogi said:

The brustron influence is noticeable. Kind of like the way the weapon rewards skilled use with secondary fire.

...It made a lot of sense at the time. Mainly because, if you look at the Neostead's silhouette, it's not actually that different from a Burston.

Plus I liked the gray-purple color and it was the only aesthetic I felt like I hadn't used yet.

39 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Also, Am I the only one the see two eyes and beak?

...huh.

Now that you mention it

48 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Kind of like the way the weapon rewards skilled use with secondary fire.

Also I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but thanks! That means a lot, because I was trying to go for something that felt like the antithesis of all the very.... grenade... launcher-ish stuff (does that make sense?) I normally add onto shotguns.

Totally thinking of making a standalone version of the secondary fire at some point.

On 2017-10-02 at 11:41 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

tenno__proxima__grenade_launcher_by_haru

"Proxima" grenade launcher:

"This Tenno grenade launcher has two firing modes - sticky proximity mines, and bouncing grenades that detonate upon rolling to a compete stop or within a certain radius of an enemy. It does blast damage and slash damage, with very high status chance."

Shamelessly inspired by the Sheng Long grenade launcher from Shadow Warrior.

Edit: Personally, the top version is my favorite. It feels just sleek enough to be Tenno.

I saw this and thought "Ooh that's a nice wea- holy sh** that's an M32 Rotary Grenade Launcher

The Division would be proud

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MotorMedallion said:

I saw this and thought "Ooh that's a nice wea- holy sh** that's an M32 Rotary Grenade Launcher

Warframe has no revolver grenade launchers. Revolvers are very Tenno. It had to be done =D
I wish I could say I could have all the credit for this, but the people who really deserve credit are the Shadow Warrior 2 artists who inspired this. I mean look at this thing, this is the most Tenno gun I have ever seen outside of Warframe.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20161116153100

Couldn't get a good view of the front, so I improvised and took some inspiration from the Zarr, and this thing.

b69f29616ea38ca6d1d11831d42e63af.jpg

This was before I really had any crunch, but I feel like this is one of the few weapons that can definitely... actually, hold on, I'm fine with pretty much everything I made in the first year that wasn't the charged-shot Tenno rifle with a name I forget, the Volikor, and the Helica Prime. Anyway, the Proxima is something I feel like absolutely can stand on its own even without any crunch.

UPDATE: The Bellatrix has been nerfed down to about 63 damage (From 69, HEYOOOO) to bring it more in line with the Akvasto Prime. 

I remember @Unus once said it was well within norms, but I'm currently working on another semiauto. (SOON™) While making this upcoming semiauto, and thinking about how it balanced against the Bellatrix, I felt as if the original Bellatrix had too many advantages compared to Akvasto Prime. At the same time I felt it would be easily overshadowed by the Depezador, which also had 69 damage (HEYO) but far more crit multiplier. It was also a semiauto with higher damage than Akvasto Prime and no recoil, and also zoom, and higher fire rate. Admittedly Akvasto Primes aren't quite handcannons, not by this game's scale, but a weapon with so many advantages over revolver-type weapons didn't feel right. 

I wanted Bellatrix Prime to be a semiauto target pistol that kept pace with Warframe's various revolvers with high fire rate, accuracy and quick reload, not a rapid-fire weapon with so many opportunities to outdo them. 

I'm still keeping the high RoF though.

tenno__bellatrix_prime__target_pistol_by

Also I nerfed the Naga's damage to 81.

It seemed like a good idea.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Grineer ‘Zezok’  Duplex-Burst Pistol

“Originally a Tenno design, this burst pistol was so heavily changed by Grineer Savants that it became something entirely different. As is typical of Grineer engineering.”

grineer__zezok__duplex_burst_pistol_by_h

The Grineer ‘Zezok’ Burst Pistol uses a unique duplex-burst trigger, firing two three-round bursts in rapid succession - one three round burst upon pulling the trigger, one more upon releasing the trigger. A well-placed Zezok shot can inflict up to six status effects on an enemy with one trigger pull at incredibly high range.

If there’s one phrase that could describe the Zezok, it’s “Typical Grineer Engineering.” Crude yet effective, the Zezok was built from a Tenno 'Ordo' pistol… or rather, built from two. It’s essentially two Ordo pistols welded together, with separate magazines and barrels.. Unlike the Tenno pistol it was designed after, the bolt is angled 7 degrees upward from the barrel. This greatly reduces recoil, making it extremely controllable.

It was created by the Mars-based manufacturer Boril Kasma Armory, built for the harsh conditions of the Martian tundra to fight against the Corpus clustered at the poles of the planet - and eventually to planets beyond.

The Zezok, boasting a role somewhere between sidearm shotgun and combat pistol, is a common sight among Grineer Marines and Expeditionary Forces - and among the Ceres Defense Force. The logic being that the heavy, repeated Impact damage it deals will easily strip shields to nothing, and provides high volume of fire against various flying Proxies. Like all Boril Kasma Production Zone weapons, it performs extremely well in the cold, making this ideal for assaults on typical Corpus assets from Pluto to even the Orb Vallis.

Rumor has it that even the Kuva Fortress has their eye on this weapon as a sidearm for Shield Lancers…

Stats

Trigger: Duplex-Burst
Burst count:
 3 (6)

Damage: 40
21 Impact
17 Slash
2 Puncture

Crit Chance: 15%
Critical Multplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 30%
Rate Of Fire: 8.6
Magazine: 60
Reload: 2.6s

Artist Notes:

So, I’m sure some of you remember the time I created the Zezok as a concept. At least, if you’ve seen my concept thread on the warfare forums. The idea was a duplex-burst rifle, one that fired three rounds once you pulled the trigger, and three more once you released. Y’know, like the Zylok. But with two 3-round bursts instead of two shots.

There was just one problem: I couldn’t make it interesting.

I mean, I liked the idea! I thought a duplex-burst pistol was fun and uniquely Grineer! But I just. Couldn’t. Make it fun! At any other time, I probably might have been able to, but… you’ve seen how many assault rifles I’ve made at this point. And you’ve definitely seen how many have some burst fire mechanic. 

Eventually, as I was trying to come up with new pistols, I figured that this would be a fun option. That it’d be an interesting burst fire weapon. That it was a burst fire pistol you’d enjoy at least for the sheer novelty of it. At the very least, it’d finally give me a Grineer burst fire pistol that isn’t the Krake-

Oh, right. I forgot the Quatz exists. That’s pretty cool too.

The design here takes inspiration from… a lot of things. The Hammerburst rifle, the Helghast STA-19 from Shadowfall, and - of course- the Jatimatic. Which has the second-most bizarre bolt shenanigans I’ve ever seen.

I’m gonna have to make a fully automatic assault rifle at some point. One that has no burst fire involved. I’ve been doing that a lot lately…

Good news, everyone! Avakan Prime has now received S T A T S

Avakan Prime:

Trigger: Burst | Auto
Damage: 45
30 Impact, 10 Puncture, 5 Slash | 28 Slash, 19 Puncture, 8 Impact
Burst Count: 2 | N/A
Fire Rate: 900 RPM | 600 RPM
Punch Through: 0.3m | N/A
Reload: 3.0s
Critical Chance: 10% | 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.8x| 2.2x
Status Chance: 26% | 13%)

(Meanwhile, the regular Avakan does 33 damage and holds 30 rounds. I mention this because I wouldn't care that much about it, and neither will you.)

With thanks to @Almighty_Jado for his creation of the Sancti Avakan for providing a baseline to work from. My apologies if this thing has too many things that outclass it. (If so, one of my personal suggestions is to add more status for the Sancti Avakan, maybe a bit more base damage - that'd give these things nice side-by-side niches)

The idea behind Avakan Prime's new stats is that I'm trying to convey what I wanted to do originally. Something with high rate of fire in burst mode and lowered fire rate in automatic, with more status in burst and less in full-auto. 

On 2017-12-20 at 12:21 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

avakan_prime__and_avakan_tenno__by_harua

Avakan Prime (top)
"This flexible, elegant rifle was commonly used by Dax soldiers and Tenno in operations against Sentients and rebels."

Avakan Tenno (bottom)
"An ancestor of the Grineer Karak, this elegant, flexible Tenno assault rifle is capable of high-impact bursts and sprays of fully-automatic fire. It was designed for operations against Mara smugglers and the private armies of Outer Planets industrialists."

The Avakan fires the first two rounds of a burst simultaneously, with a unique mechanic in that these first two rounds of a burst do impact damage with high status chance. They also have punch-through. Similarly to the Nukor, you have a chance of a damage bonus against enemies hit with the first two rounds.

Meanwhile, subsequent rounds do slash damage with high crit. In other words, you have a different gun depending on whether you hold down the trigger or fan it. It also has slightly above-average status duration.

Essentially, the Avakan series is built around the concept of stunning enemies on the first shot, and cutting them up with slash damage. It was originally designed to fight the forces that would eventually become the Corpus, but it found some use during the Old War against Sentient drones.

It also has controllable, predictable vertical recoil, owing to the stupid amount of recoil-control systems that the Orokin added on. This has virtually no side to side recoil! Just upwards and slightly to the right.

Animation Notes:

* reciprocating charging handle
* Barrel recoils back and forth with each shot.

Stats:

(Avakan Prime:

Damage: 45

30 Impact, 10 Puncture, 5 Slash | 28 Slash, 19 Puncture, 8 Impact

Burst Count: 2 | N/A

Fire Rate: 900 RPM | 600 RPM

Punch Through: 0.3m | N/A

Reload: 3.0s

Critical Chance: 10% | 28%

Critical Multiplier: 2.8x| 2.2x

Status Chance: 28% | 14%)

Artist notes
This is a Tenno version of the AN94... equipped with a balanced recoil system as well, because the Orokin are just that committed to overengineering and aesthetic. I had to think like them, and it hurt. Ow. 

I was intrigued by the possible flexibility of this kind of rifle in Warframe, but I also assumed that a simple fire rate gimmick wouldn't make it stand out, so I came up with this silly idea. I'm toying with the idea that each fire mode could have different benefits, but I'm left wondering if that would be too hard to code, and also if it would invalidate one firing mode. The idea behind this was to create a dual-mode assault rifle that didn't leave one mode feeling like an unusable afterthought. And so, this thing essentially forces you to use one mode, while the other mode isn't complete without it.

The best way to use this is to use the first two rounds to soften an enemy up, while subsequent full auto takes advantage of it.

Also, some youtubers have toyed with the idea of making Impact damage stagger or "crumple" enemies. Which would be fun with this thing! It'd add a lot of utility, for staggering enemies and taking down Corpus shields.

...I draw AN94-looking things all the time, don't I? 

That is a good point. Perfectly honest, most of this idea came from wanting a way for the friction between syndicates to be conveyed in game, and how their ideologies support or conflict with each other. You could see the Perrin Sequence wanting to sell an artifact while Cephalon Suda wants to preserve it, the Arbiters disdaining Red Veil for their warlike nature while Red Veil claims the Arbiters don't do enough for the system, New Loka considering the Grineer of Steel Meridian to be inhuman abominations... stuff like that.

And the thought occurs that if there was a Joint Operation between New Loka and the Arbiters of Hexis (who, weirdly enough, don't seem to care about each other in the least) could net me a Sancti Tigris and a Vaykor Hek at the same time, but far, far too easily.  Or at least, it'll mean I could get it easier than anyone who spent hours and hours grinding for the Focus.

Still, I feel like there's some potential in missions or events with disparate Syndicates working together....

Now, you may be wondering why I'm statting a nearly 2 year old weapon.

And the answer is, I'm currently working on a tenno assault rifle with as few gimmicks as possible (My thread easily qualifies as its own arsenal near-equal to Warframe's in size at this point) and it is a Fedorov!

Avtomat_M1916_Fedorov_noBG.jpg

As the Fedorov likely has higher damage (It uses full-sized rifle rounds) and lower magazine size, I wanted to think about how its stats related to the Avakan's.

On 2019-10-08 at 7:49 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

My thread easily qualifies as its own arsenal near-equal to Warframe's in size at this point

I know that feeling lol. Just counting the Grineer weapons, there is like 80 odd guns I made. I forget which one is which sometimes.

5 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I know that feeling lol. Just counting the Grineer weapons, there is like 80 odd guns I made. I forget which one is which sometimes.

It's weird, isn't it? Like, originally you just want to supplement the arsenal. So you start adding in things that fill niches, add cool gimmicks from other games, or just import fun design features from real life, like the AN-94's hyperburst or a LeMat's shotgun barrel, or literally everything about the Neostead.

Neostead13-1.jpg

It will never not be funny how little work I had to do to import it here.

And then before you know it, you've got enough weaponry that it could maybe be the arsenal of a completely separate game in the vein of Warframe, though it has a few gaps here and there. And then you start feeling like you have to add in some more "Normal" stuff to fill in its gaps, which is ironically the exact opposite of the path that DE took.

Anyway, mentioning the Neophytou reminded me of something. Did you know my original concept for the Neophytou was a Grineer gun? I'd seriously recommend taking some inspiration from the Neostead for Strength to Everyone. Or, well, if you want to keep it distinct, look at stuff like the Kel-tec KSG, the UTAS-15, or the Winter SWATriplex.

winter_01-tfb.jpg

There is rich ground in dual-toob shotgun designs in Warframe, and I think I am the only one that's gone there so far.

Tenno ‘Makina’ Revolver

tenno__makina__revolver_by_haruaxeman_dd

"This sleek, streamlined Tenno revolver cuts through crowds with ease, causing massive explosions on headshots.

The Makina was created during a strange transitional period for the Orokin. It was as the Orokin were at something close to the height of their power… but there were some things fraying, all the same. For example, the fact that Haruka Lorne, its creator, took clear inspiration from the Oeizu while. The Oeizu (or "long bone") are a posthuman subspecies of human that evolved and engineered themselves for survival in zero-gravity environments, but lost the ability to survive on planets (or even some moons) without severe organ failure.

It was a move that various orokin officials would likely have deemed heresy against the Seven, not just for showing sympathy, but (at least, pre-Corpus) allowing another culture to exist.

Granted, that last one was mostly Nihil and his acolytes. It was also constructed without a Prime counterpart.  According to Lorne herself, she "saw the pressure to create a weapon without the gold accents and stylization as a unique challenge, never really questioning it."

That would change eventually, as it soon became extremely inefficient to make Prime weaponry.

Using an electroencephalographic process similar to the Tollen marksman carbine, the Makina causes deadly explosions on headshots, which can cause up to two status effects per shot. While not possessing the one-shot devastation of the Depezador, the burst damage of the Pandero, the subtlety of the Naga, or the raw power of the Estampida, the Makina’s ability to control crowds and rip through Infested hordes allowed it to stand on near-equal ground with each of those weapons.

It uses a unique barrel that magnetically accelerates (and irradiates) its bullets, giving it considerable amounts of radiation damage. In fact, it’s possible - not likely, but possible - to turn crowds of enemies against each other with a single headshot from the Makina.

The cylinder springs out at a 45 degree angle to the main frame of the revolver, much like a Russian OTS-38.

stats
stats
Trigger: 
Semi

Magazine: 7
Damage: 122
 44 Slash
24 Impact 
20 Puncture
34 Radiation
Fire Rate: 2.7
Headshot Multiplier: 2.6x

Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.8x
Status Chance: 38%
Blast Radius: 3.2m
Punch-Through: 0.5m

Reload Time: 2s

Explosion: 
damage: 142 Radiation
Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.8x
Status Chance: 48%

Special Traits: 
Brainstormer: On headshots, causes 142 radiation damage explosion.
Status Chance: 48%
Blast Radius: 3.2m

Artist Notes:

Alright. Full disclosure, Warframe’s numbers are so… odd that I genuinely wouldn’t have much of an idea of what to do here. This… probably does less damage than the Pandero, taking into account the Pandero’s extra crit, but this has better status. It has crit capabilities slightly below the regular Vasto, below the Depezador,  

The original idea for this was a regular explosive revolver, but Spacelords happened. And I found that they have this one semi auto rifle that causes explosive damage on headshots.

That was perfect as a revolver. 

The design here is inspired mostly by classic rayguns! There’s some incidental similarities to Jakobs revolvers from Borderlands 3, but there’s a reason for that - I was taking some inspiration from percussion-cap revolvers, and I tried to smooth it over and found a raygun-like silhouette.

I just decided to roll with it.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36

16 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Just be careful not to find mine, or you're gonna spoil yourself a LOT.

I found his page by accident but yours I just looked closely and found it. That a lot of drawigs 764

Edit: It is fairly easy to find but usually I don’t look for this kind of stuff. As I’ve said before I find fluffs by accident and you baited me.

Edited by keikogi

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

I found his page by accident but yours I just looked closely and found it. That a lot of drawigs 764

I do hope this doesn't mean you found the really questionable stuff!

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

The thing I love about that game is that I have literally never seen anything quite like how its guns work. There's so many weapons that are nigh-inseparable from how characters' abilities work, and are basically second or even third abilities.  There's a lot that honestly feel less like guns and more like they fill the roles of special moves in fighting games, (I'm not including some of Valeria's guns in the stuff I inevitably export here)  and a lot of surprisingly versatile ideas that feel like they'd totally work here. Like, the Pepper Pot (Incredible crit, encourages moving? That is so Warframe!)  or the KLT-13 pistol (...pace your shots to silence them? That's genius). 

On 2019-01-03 at 11:12 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

It's sort of both. Think of it like, uh... healing return!

(I promise this will make sense)

See, in terms of fighting sensibly in Warframe, I'm kind of stupid and have a tendency to rush into battles blindly. So, to work with my brutal tendencies, I slap Healing Return on many of my melee weapons (It's great on Broken War, due to the guaranteed impact proc. And also, it's hilarious with Exalted Blade) and often spam Warframe abilities on enemies for maximum Healing Return effectiveness. But once, I was on Lua, and I'd forgotten to bring a weapon with Healing Return. And I was all "Oh crap, SENTIENTS! I'm gonna be screwed!"

But then I thought "Nah, let's see where this goes. It's a challenge, I want to see how good I do here."

And it worked. At least, I'm like 90% sure I came away with neurodes and stuff.

Plus, trapped or not, doing the same thing over and over is not the Warframe way. If I was like that, I'd still be with a regular Frost, using the Dark Sword or dual heat swords with a Furis and Boltor. Warframe's all about doing new things. So, if I can decide to fight a completely different way, or play Index as Frost, or use Frost in missions with no defense component whatsoever, or finally take up archery and realize that Dread is hella dope, I can do this.

Sounds like Centralia, Pennsylvania. Also known as the inspiration for Silent Hill.

img_7500.jpg

I never actually played Rage, but that sort of repetition sounds... soul-crushing.

I remember all the times I played Destiny, and I'd think

While the idea of Grineer having fields is interesting (I was admittedly more imagining them having some sort of industrial vat-growing setup) there's an interesting facet to what you just said:

Do you realizes that means that the Grineer are likely full of prion diseases? Seeing as prion diseases can often come from cannibalism, and prion diseases cause mutations in proteins (often in the brain) I'm pretty sure the effects of cloning from that would come out... wrong. Admittedly, prions have no DNA, but I'd be surprised if this doesn't affect the cloning process in some way.

I wonder if this means Grineer have kuru...

There was many places over the USA like Centralia that inspired Silent Hill, but, Centrailia I think is one of the biggest mysteries of them all.

On 2019-10-22 at 2:38 PM, Sgt.Whiskerz said:

There was many places over the USA like Centralia that inspired Silent Hill, but, Centrailia I think is one of the biggest mysteries of them all.

I don't really see Centralia as being that mysterious - we know what happened, how, and why - but it's absolutely an eerie place all the same. There's already something unsettling about a town being evacuated, but knowing that people could just get swallowed up  by the ground at any time?

That's pretty screwed.

• Like 1

Progress Updort: Yet another  upcoming Tenno assault rifle!

filename_by_haruaxeman_ddixr0f-pre.jpg?t

I've got more stuff lined up, so this is like... 2-4 concepts away. I've got a grineer acid shotgun, a Grineer energy weapon ( @HugintheCrowonce referred to it as Big Nukor) coming up next, a Corpus energy sidearm, and the previous lever-action inspired assault rifle coming up next.

I still have no idea what the lever does. Still, I promise, you will absolutely love the altfire I have planned.

This... is on a bit of a backburner compared to most of those, but I figured it was cool so I might as well give it a shot. It's inspired by both the Fedorov Avtomat and some of Studio Qube's concept art for Tenno weaponry.

Behold:

Spoiler

tenno_guns_a.jpg

pervyj_russkij_avtomat_2.jpg