Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revive Protection

PublikDomain

When you click the revive button you should be invincible until you can control yourself again. Nothing is worse than getting spanked by a trio of ancients and then reviving to be spanked to death a second time.

Or

When playing solo, you become downed just like in multiplayer. You have a chance to clear the enemies around you, and if there's nothing left around your sentinel will revive you.

Or

When playing solo, you become downed just like in multiplayer. You have a chance to clear the enemies around you, and then you die. Tough luck, but at least you won't get bent over when you revive.

When this happens it really sucks the fun out.

there is a mod for sentinels, which covers you with a shield. good enough to help this mate. though every frame dying amidst the horde deserves it somehow.

Walk through a door, 3 ancients a heavy gunner and a fusion moa. Gunner ground pounds before I can react, ancients take turns hitting and staggering me. Nothing I could do, had the chance to tap my ulti and prime everything the first time but got staggered by the ancient trio again until they killed me. Maybe I coulda gotten away instead of trying to fight, but regardless of that getting killed while you're standing back up is absolutely fun sucking. Same deal if you accidentally get caught in a laser trap in the void. Revive and it kills you again before you can move, because you're stick in the "stand up" animation.

You should have spawn protection in any game with limited spawns. Especially a game that expects you to pay or wait 24hrs before getting more lives.

Also, the sentinel mod is only good for reviving other players. Comprehendb4post. I mean when you yourself get downed. Solo play ftl.

Edited by PublikDomain

sounds to me like you just want to play in solo and not have to worry about revives when you go down.

your best bet is to get better at the game, and learn that rushing is not always the answer.

l2p op

It sounds like you didn't get what I was saying. I want the option to solo and when I revive (in the event I do get downed, because it happens), the revive button actually lets me get up and continue.

I saw a post that went along the lines "get more frames get more lives hurr durr" but it's gone now :/ I've got every frame except for Ash and normal Frost, and Rhino is living in my foundry because I don't like him, but completionism. The issue isn't that I ran out of lives, the issue is that I had lives, revived, and then died immediately before I could retaliate. I went into the void with 2 lives remaining, and I could've completed the mission. The feels were so bad I just decided to abandon and do something else. I've had the same thing happen before when Stalker killed me during a defense vote and then disappeared. -1 life. When stuff like this happens to you, it sucks. DE should provide some way for this to suck less, be it revive protection, allowing last stand, or help from your sentinel. There's no "l2p op" here.

Edited by PublikDomain

In case people didn't quite get it (it's apparent that most didn't), the OP is talking about when he's already dead and has the "Revive" or "Forfeit" option. When he clicks revive, he would like invincibility during the getting up animation. That's reasonable enough, although I thought the game already had this.

People suggesting the Sanctuary mod definitely didn't understand what the OP wrote because that mod only helps you revive another teammate (and it's great at it), but it doesn't keep you invincible while you are reviving yourself by spending one of your 4 revives.

I'm pretty sure you're already invincible during a self-revive, but if not, then DE should make that simple change.

As for other suggestions like #2, I think something could be looked at and tested. I'm sure DE is familiar with how Second Winds work in Borderlands, and a variation of that for WF could work without being overpowered or make the game too easy. To go a bit off topic, one area in WF that is actually exploitable is that you can down yourself (e.g. Toxic Ancient poison) just to get a teammate to revive you with full health and shields. You could do this in Borderlands 2 also, but every time you go down in BL2, you would have a shorter bleed out time until you died nearly instantly. It kept this exploit from getting out of hand. WF has none of this, and allows you to exploit the revive system as much as you want, for better or worse for the game.

If you die in void lasers on a weak frame prepare to hit forfeit.

This and other situations like it.

As for the people saying "l2p" or other aggressive suggestions: the enemy levels are higher now, and you appear to have forgotten that nightmare mode can still happen on these already higher level missions. I'm not complaining personally, but many others are so clearly "l2p" doesn't apply here.

Also, the OP is only suggesting possible improvements that will prevent you from WASTING revives. If revives have a high chance to be wasted, then there's no reason to ever buy them back, even if you only play solo. Even if it's as simple as you get to bleed out before the option to revive (while using your secondary to clear the area somewhat,) that's useful solo. And tbh a few invincibility frames if you are forced to use up a revive doesn't seem like too much to ask for in a squad (though I would say they shouldn't be necessary when you are revived by another.)

Either or both of those suggestions might give people a reason to spend small amounts of plat buying a revive here or there, as opposed to switching frames or calling it a day because revives aren't worth buying.

Or invest in a Shade.

Shade is perhaps the most effective sentry for solo.

If you are dead and near multiple enemies, shade can cloak you and let you revive safely.

But for shade to do this, don't put Revenge on it.

Otherwise you will lose it once you are dead since it will shoot back at your killer.

I already posted an idea like this more than once myself for the same reasons of you, sadly when i did many "hardcores" sayd "Oh noes, revive protection is too much of a help, game must be hard".

Is nice to see there are other players that, like me, think that is needed a short protection after revival.

We need an invincibility timer after rezzing of maybe 1.5 seconds or so.  The idiots that are badmouthing the idea, are to be ignored.  One problem with F2P games is that there is no pay barrier for A******s and jerks.  

It does suck to rez, and be dead as soon as you stand up.  We need the time to perform at least 1 action.  If that one jump or burst of speed or attack is not enough to save us then the timer needs to be small enough that we do, in fact, die again.  

I agree that hitting revive should offer you a small chance to get out of there. A short burst of invincibility wouldn't go a miss.

As to protection while rezzing, I'd have to say no for that one. As useful as it would be, I think that it would unbalance the game if your entire team became effectively immortal.

("Someone die so I can recharge my shields!")

("Someone needs to die before we all get super low")

("Split into two teams, you get close, we will lay down ranged fire, when you die, we will run in and revive you for free")

Those kind of tactics are what I'm talking about.

I agree that hitting revive should offer you a small chance to get out of there. A short burst of invincibility wouldn't go a miss.

As to protection while rezzing, I'd have to say no for that one. As useful as it would be, I think that it would unbalance the game if your entire team became effectively immortal.

("Someone die so I can recharge my shields!")

("Someone needs to die before we all get super low")

("Split into two teams, you get close, we will lay down ranged fire, when you die, we will run in and revive you for free")

Those kind of tactics are what I'm talking about.

The protection would be "Personal", only the person hitting the revive button has that moment of invincibility

Or invest in a Shade.

If you are dead and near multiple enemies, shade can cloak you and let you revive safely.

Otherwise you will lose it once you are dead since it will shoot back at your killer.

Shade is nice for that, but a powered up Deathcube does a heck of a lot more to prevent you from dying (except perhaps against infested, who never hit your sentinel and are always swarming you, thus you always have the choice to let Shade cloak you.)

But just because there's a workaround for a particular problem doesn't mean you should ignore that problem because there's one fairly specific workaround for it. Before Artifacts became Auras it was suggested to put them on Sentinels (because they had slots and often mod space without using any Forma,) but there was actually a large response from people who didn't want to be forced to use sentinels. Your workaround not only requires a sentinel, but it also requires that sentinel to have zero offensive capabilities in trade for the stealth.

While I agree that for now it's the best way to make things easier for solo play, it shouldn't be a requirement for solo play.

Or invest in a Shade.

I have shade, Ghost is his first precept (sp?). He's got a cooldown on his abilities, so if he cloaks you -> ground pound -> uncloak -> beat to pulp, he's still uncloaked and just sitting there. Enemy decides to aggro Shade, and I don't think he'll actually fight back if he's hit, just his owner.

When I awoke today I thought "oh, there's a solution". When you revive your shields get overcharged 3x or 4x for a short time and maybe you're immune to being stunned during that time?It'd only need to be for a second after you regain control so you can move away from the enemies.

Yeah, I can definitely sympathize with the OP here. I've learned when to hit forfeit though because there's no way I'm losing more than two lives to that bullS#&$. What's worse is that this ONLY punishes solo players and even though I never go anywhere without my squad, I still think this is unfair to the soloers. But meh, I'm sure DE will throw on some invulnerability soon enough and fix this.

When you press revive button you are a ghost for 5 seconds you can't attack, only move and can go through the enemies.
While you are a ghost nobody see you.

I don't know if they repaired this but, sentinel should revive too. and after your dead sentinel should be automaticly destroyed.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

A related question: did DE put solo in the game as an alternative to multiplayer or as a hardcore mode?

I'd suggest that if anyone wants hardcore they can play alone in online mode, so solo should be of similar difficulty to a single player as online in a 4 man squad, taking into account the fact that in solo the player is alone.