Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Idle-on

Spartan336

Just now, PrVonTuckIII said:

It's called improvement. Maybe you've heard of it?

Yes. Yes I have.

It's something you do after testing, and BEFORE RELEASE.

Also.something that hasn't happened with Archwing, Focus, Bosses, Balance or Operators to date. Despite it's being needed for literally YEARS.

When a thing has been this bad, for this long, it's already soured tons of your customers on using it. You don't wait until a vast number of people hate your inadequate, prematurely released product and then double down, forcing it on customers.

That's a good way to lose those customers.

5 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm all in favor of Operators being improved so that their use is intuitive and fluid, that they bring interesting options to the table, and the level of customization is bumped up a notch or two. If DE can do that, good on them.

That said, even if Operators are made to be actually enjoyable to use, it's still a lousy idea to make their use mandatory with regard to killing certain enemies. Sure they'd be more enjoyable, but it doesn't change the fact that it's something being forced on players in a game that's primarily about choosing the preferred tool for the job at hand.

no, when I said customization, I mean weapon crafting. Currently all we have is a beam of energy and power which is extremely boring. I'm hoping that we can get different types of arm lasers and customize them and how they work and such. But yeah, I agree, I recon the boss should have dynamic ways to take it down rather than forcing us to use the operator.

Ahhh I get you. Melee weapon crafting will be a thing in PoE, but I'm not sure if those customized melee weapons will be available to both Warframes and Operators or restricted to Warframes. If the latter is the case, I'll be really disappointed...

In another thread, I advocated the idea of allowing Operators to equip and use weapons that, say, Relay guards / personnel would be able to use. It would be nice to be able to occasionally run around as a Operator armed with a Braton Prime and a pair of Fang Prime for instance.

I'm more concerned than hyped.

I just hope the plains will remain instance-based with the option for private groups. I would be opposed to rendering 50+ players on a single map while having to compete for resources and enemy spawns much like the older mmo's. There's a reason why I've stopped playing those garbage games. Hopefully this update won't end up as a shipwreck.

Just now, Quovander said:

I'm more concerned than hyped.

I just hope the plains will remain instance-based with the option for private groups. I would be opposed to rendering 50+ players on a single map while having to compete for resources and enemy spawns much like the older mmo's. There's a reason why I've stopped playing those garbage games. Hopefully this update won't end up as a shipwreck.

It's using the same instance stuff. 1-4 players, solo available and all that. 

I'm really most looking forward to the exploring, and just chilling in a huge open world with my warframes. I've always wanted this game to be open world since I first picked it up four years ago, and there was only one tileset back then. I fully intend to just chill and soak it all in. The new enemies, operator mechanics, custom weapons, and new warframe are all also huge pluses. 

I cannot wait to color glass frame just like the glass armor from elder scrolls, bc it REALLY resembles the armor and it'd be like my 2 fave games ever coming together.

Seriously can't wait!