Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lephantis 3rd head does not open

Marl0nBrand0

Has anyone had any success with bypassing this bug? Either by focusing corpus head first? or bursting it down before it bugs... etc?

This is really dissappointing, I just ran it for the first time and got the Eleventh Storm mod, and lost it due to this bug... Really pissed/bummed right now. -.-

On 25/9/2017 at 8:37 PM, MasterJ said:

Has anyone had any success with bypassing this bug? Either by focusing corpus head first? or bursting it down before it bugs... etc?

This is really dissappointing, I just ran it for the first time and got the Eleventh Storm mod, and lost it due to this bug... Really pissed/bummed right now. -.-

Ember + Kudrow.

Kudrow to make Corpus Head focus him in first phase.

Ember to make some Rings of Fire right in Lephantis body, what make it die VERY fast.

The times I saw that Corpus Head stop engaging in second phase was when I used the Operator (5). 

8 hours ago, Dabbos said:

Ember + Kudrow.

Kudrow to make Corpus Head focus him in first phase.

Ember to make some Rings of Fire right in Lephantis body, what make it die VERY fast.

The times I saw that Corpus Head stop engaging in second phase was when I used the Operator (5). 

Thanks! I also found my own work around.

It requires some persistence(if you don't have ignis yet and need to start from scratch), but I found that if you deal enough damage quickly enough, the corpus head ai doesn't seem to bug up, but chipping away slowly will cause it to hide once it hits the 20-40% range or so (which is why i went for ignis).

My setup was Frost with Ignis (potatoed and 2 forma; Mods: Split chamber maxed, wildfire maxed, serration 12, hellfire maxed, sinister reach maxed, speed trigger maxed, and firestorm maxed)

Sinister reach and firestorm are just to increase the chance and frequency of hitting their hit boxes. Same build can be done with just potatoed ignis without sinister reach and firestorm.

Takes me about 5 minutes to solo the boss fight, I scour the map for nav coords before the fight though just to make keep making a bit easier.

I use frost for his tanky stats and globe with max stretch in order to slow down him down in phase two, in order to kill him quicker and not give a chance for the corpus head to bug up, which has happened to me when i ran around the room chasing the corpus head.

I hope this helps someone out there. I think the real key, no matter how you do it, is to not really give the corpus head a chance to bug up, by dealing enough and consistent damage, so that it doesn't hide.

Good luck!

On 9/20/2017 at 10:02 AM, JVPG1998 said:

It happens to me. It's the 7th time I try to defeat Lephantis and its head doesn't open.

Same.  I can't farm matugen samples because I can't get to Eris.  Not unless I spend huge amounts of resources making Orokin Derelict keys and hoping the RNG drops loads of them in exchange (BTW, I have no such luck in this game.  RNGesus tells me on a daily basis that the only way to get ahead is to pay for platinum).  This makes the Lenz ridiculously expensive (since I seem to be the only person left in my clan who shows up anymore... don't really want to leave the clan until I can get the Lenz BP, though, because I don't know how far along any clan I might join would be.... and chances are I would start my own and have to research everything from scratch).

I think DE should either remove Lephantis from the Eris junction prerequisites, or give anyone who reports trouble with this bug a free kill so they can advance.  I'm just lucky I could get Nekros Prime.  I would be ready to just drop the game if I was being blocked from having a shot at playing one of the frames (though, it turns out I'm not a big fan of Nekros after playing as him a bit).

I've killed Lephantis seven or eight times, now, except for one head.  I should be allowed to pass the Pluto->Eris junction.  Otherwise, after Kuva Fortress the game is over for me.

Edit:  Nine times.  This time I flew solo and the Corpus head never opened its mouth or attacked a single time.  It just kept popping up, staring at me, and then slinking back down while the other two tried to kill me.  I eventually got bored and killed the other two, but the Corpus head still never opened its mouth or tried to attack.  I didn't even get to go to stage 2 this time.  I was just playing a rigged game of whack-a-mole while a seething hatred of the game rose in my chest.

Edited by TipsyMacScotchslurpen

I had a really nice player teach me how to get around the Lephantis Infested Corpus head bug today after venting a bit in Region Chat.  We both used Valkyr (Prime) to take it out, because her Hysteria gives you the ability to heal while it's running.  The basic gist of the technique is to take a weapon that will do good damage to Lephantis without, and this is key, WITHOUT ever using Aim Weapon.  For most people, "Aim Weapon" is the right/second mouse button (the default key in the Key Binding options for right-handed people).

We both went in as Valkyr Prime using Hysteria builds (basically maximizing Ability Efficiency and Duration) with good automatic weapons (I'm not sure what he was using, but I took in the Attica with a Corrosion status build with the Terminal Velocity mod because it if accurate at medium range and has good ammo efficiency.  My second choice would have been my Braton Prime because I don't really have any other automatic weapons.  I had originally been using the Opticor, but it is really hard to aim without zooming in with the Aim Weapon feature, causing me to miss when the weapon fires as it reaches full charge.)  I also took in Carrier Prime with the Vacuum and Ammo Case mods so that I could easily pick up ammo drops on the run and have them automatically coverted to the type of ammo my weapons are using (ammo is pretty sparse in the arena with Lephantis).

We focused mainly on the Infested Corpus head, but didn't avoid shooting at the other heads as is suggested in some Lephantis walk-throughs.  We ended up taking out the Ancient Infested head first, but this didn't trigger the bug.  The Corpus head got killed next, and the Grineer head died very shortly thereafter.  In the second stage, we continued to fight without using the Aim Weapon feature, and ended up killing the Infested Ancient and Grineer heads first, but like the first stage we were still able to kill the Infested Corpus head because it didn't bug out.

All I can say is "THANK YOU!" to the helpful player from Region Chat who helped me finally take out Lephantis, and I hope this helps everyone else who reads this thread.

On 2/10/2017 at 11:13 AM, TipsyMacScotchslurpen said:

I had a really nice player teach me how to get around the Lephantis Infested Corpus head bug today after venting a bit in Region Chat.  We both used Valkyr (Prime) to take it out, because her Hysteria gives you the ability to heal while it's running.  The basic gist of the technique is to take a weapon that will do good damage to Lephantis without, and this is key, WITHOUT ever using Aim Weapon.  For most people, "Aim Weapon" is the right/second mouse button (the default key in the Key Binding options for right-handed people).

We both went in as Valkyr Prime using Hysteria builds (basically maximizing Ability Efficiency and Duration) with good automatic weapons (I'm not sure what he was using, but I took in the Attica with a Corrosion status build with the Terminal Velocity mod because it if accurate at medium range and has good ammo efficiency.  My second choice would have been my Braton Prime because I don't really have any other automatic weapons.  I had originally been using the Opticor, but it is really hard to aim without zooming in with the Aim Weapon feature, causing me to miss when the weapon fires as it reaches full charge.)  I also took in Carrier Prime with the Vacuum and Ammo Case mods so that I could easily pick up ammo drops on the run and have them automatically coverted to the type of ammo my weapons are using (ammo is pretty sparse in the arena with Lephantis).

We focused mainly on the Infested Corpus head, but didn't avoid shooting at the other heads as is suggested in some Lephantis walk-throughs.  We ended up taking out the Ancient Infested head first, but this didn't trigger the bug.  The Corpus head got killed next, and the Grineer head died very shortly thereafter.  In the second stage, we continued to fight without using the Aim Weapon feature, and ended up killing the Infested Ancient and Grineer heads first, but like the first stage we were still able to kill the Infested Corpus head because it didn't bug out.

All I can say is "THANK YOU!" to the helpful player from Region Chat who helped me finally take out Lephantis, and I hope this helps everyone else who reads this thread.

if u have a trinity u can use his 3rd skill to fix the corpus head ;) (sorry 4 my bad eng)

Just found a fix to the Lephantis Stage 2 Bug "Will not open Corpus Head"
Don't let it do the slam attack
-Helping Bits
 Don't bring an animal companion (sadly)
 Don't use summons that draw aggro
 Don't use specters
Prioritize the Corpus head in second stage.

6 tests, All done solo
1 with a companion (Alive) -Resulted in Bug
1 with a Companion (Dead)
-Resulted in no Bug
1 with a prompted slam attack - Resulted in Bug
1 without slam attack -Resulted in no bug
1 Killing heads out of order, [Infested, Grineer, Corpus] - Resulted in no bug.
1 with a Sentinel (Shade) -Resulted in no bug

Hope this helps you guys

Edited by SillyMagikarp

4 minutes ago, SillyMagikarp said:

~~~snip~~~

When you give a black highlight and grey text, it looks terrible. Just stick with normal sized font and colours.

Probably post it on the large [DE Investigating] thread if it genuinely works every time.

Edit, how does this work with the issue of the head not opening on the first part?

Edited by krc473

That bug is amazing as this is nothing to fix and still, they can't do that (as they might focus 100% on POE...). ONE head broken and I too had to restart this quest 3 times (in solo), so let's say I am lucky as I made it the third time. Today, 3 times with my son in coop to help reach Eris and each time a different version of this bug. Last one was at the end of the fight, almost done and the head remaind closed. Not only this fight is uninteresting as hell for a BOSS fight, lack of imagination and whatever you want in terms of BOSS, but it's not even working fine for such basic patterns. One of the worst bug and boss in this game, showing nothing is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

The bug where the corpus head not opening during either phase is extremely frustrating since it leads to having to constantly restart the mission.  I have been trying to get the Eleventh Storm mod, but each time I get the mod the corpus head has glitched which is frustrating since at this point I have probably picked up the mod 3 or 4 times but I haven't been able to finish the mission due to this bug.