Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question/suggestion about Volt's passive

Kronxito

I have a question about volt's passive

1st thing: When I charge it to 1000 damage and release a discharge, does all enemies affected take 1000 extra damage or only the 1st affected one does??? In case its only the 1st one affected, then this is b***sh*t

2nd thing: Why is this capped to 1000? This is useless against high level enemies. A nice idea should be "1000 x (your mastery level)". So, the more rank you have, the stronger you become.

@DP_KRoM

Real Story: Volt Reworks was announced by DE, it end up many Idea, and well it was in 2016 if I remember. The problem a year back. DE is not that good at "Reworks", because several Reworks would follow. 

Still going to say Hydroid Reworks was the best of all Previous "Reworks". 

In the end of Volt's Rework, Volt got Shield and Passive overhaul, and 4th changed from Power-Outage to CC. 

5 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

all in all, its a passive. and its way better then most other passives in the game.

IF only that was true. Volt's Passive was a Cool Idea indeed, but it is OUTDATED when Inaros/Nidus came out.

4 hours ago, Walkampf said:

Because any more wohuld be insanly OP

Volt OP? BAD JOKE. so you telling me, Volt has to do 1,000 Charge, to shoot every time? 

1,000 Charge take like 20 Sec ~ 30 Second right? (GROUND movement only).

Volt is REALLY Squishy (Shield not an option when your energy is A) Scrambled B) Drained C) Nullified. And a few Enemies can Ignore Votl's Shield.

Volt           ROLE: Support      Defense: Low(Shield is worst, and not End Game Viable)      Attack: Medium (Med-High, long reload).         

Sortie: Less Viable, (Guaranteed chances to Downed if there is Opening(Combat).  End Game: Wounded In Battle.

EDIT:

End Note: DE DOES NOT have TIME for another Volt Reworks, so Volt is what Volt is right now, Level 40 is fun right? RIP.

2nd: Also, Shield-Gating, Shield doesn't do anything compared to Health, RIP.

Edited by DesFrSpace

56 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

IF only that was true. Volt's Passive was a Cool Idea indeed, but it is OUTDATED when Inaros/Nidus came out.

its still true. its still one of the more useful passives in the game. and its still just a passive.

Or whats next. you are going to tell me that frost has a better one? come on.

3 hours ago, DesFrSpace said:

Volt OP? BAD JOKE. so you telling me, Volt has to do 1,000 Charge, to shoot every time? 

1,000 Charge take like 20 Sec ~ 30 Second right? (GROUND movement only).

It takes less than a second to charge up that passive with Electric Shield's augment. I've had it charge up completely between Sybaris bursts when I'm sitting behind an Electric Shield. 

No, Volt isn't OP, but crit damage multipliers can easily turn that 1,000 damage into 25,000, as demonstrated with that video that @Walkampf posted. Imagine what crit multipliers could do to that passive if it wasn't capped, especially with Transistor Shield. We could be smacking enemies with millions of damage with very little time between shots, while sitting behind a shield that enemies cannot shoot through. That would be OP. 

To be honest, I think Volt is a really nice frame.

He is squishy but thats why he has his shields and CC.  Its just..... I would like him to deal more damage with skills.

It would be nice if that +1000 extra damage is ONLY for guns, while his damage skills (1 and 4) scales based on enemy´s level. 

1 hour ago, Ventura_Highway said:

I think it's everyone, actually. I'll check later.

It just increases the cap by 1000, but then again the ult ends in max 10 seconds.

I'd really like to see how Volt will perform without shadow step and energy overflow and he'll be the crap he usually is.

He just needed to refill energy while running.

Edited by giovanniluca

2 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

It takes less than a second to charge up that passive with Electric Shield's augment. I've had it charge up completely between Sybaris bursts when I'm sitting behind an Electric Shield. 

No, Volt isn't OP, but crit damage multipliers can easily turn that 1,000 damage into 25,000, as demonstrated with that video that @Walkampf posted. Imagine what crit multipliers could do to that passive if it wasn't capped, especially with Transistor Shield. We could be smacking enemies with millions of damage with very little time between shots, while sitting behind a shield that enemies cannot shoot through. That would be OP. 

A warframe to be subpar viable needs an augment, do you realize that, Harrow/Octavia just do way better.

Didn't this forum have an automerge once.

Edited by giovanniluca