Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens - Let's Talk Availability and Player Retention

BlackCoMerc

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)SAOxSonicKirito said:

I have to agree with most everything here.  This would make riven farming easier (or even doable) while not having xbox gold.  Sorties are sometimes a challenge for me... like when I have to assassinate mutalist alad v with eximus stronghold on eris.... I couldn't solo that for the life of me.. spent over 60 energy pads trying and still failed.  There should be other ways to obtain Riven mods.

However, I do kind of like the veiled challenges, although I think they could base the type of riven on the challenge you get.  Tougher the challenge, the higher chance of a good riven. (idk if that's how it works or not currently, I'm not thinking so).  Like a ranking system for rivens... meh, interesting idea to think about but ultimately I think they can keep the challenges.

Yes indeed.  Even though I hate the kuva fortress, I think that's the best place for kuva to drop.

I Think they should put them mostly in the void.  This would give the Void a new meaning and more life (atleast, I don't go to the void much anymore...nothing really to do except rare argon crystal farming)

How about Rare Void containers, in the hidden spots, having a chance to drop higher tier Rivens, and even Void Traces? Give us a reason to revisit the Void.

But yes, Rivens as a Sortie oy reward needs to go. Plains would be another good place to see them.

8 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

How about Rare Void containers, in the hidden spots, having a chance to drop higher tier Rivens, and even Void Traces? Give us a reason to revisit the Void.

But yes, Rivens as a Sortie oy reward needs to go. Plains would be another good place to see them.

No so much as needs to go from sorties, but needed to be added elsewhere.  How about higher chances for high tier rivens for the sorties.  (the faint disposition; one or two dots)  

Weapons like Dread, simulor, opticor would likely be found via sorties over anywhere else, but still very rare and quite random.  Also decreasing the chance of a riven from sorties.  Not saying they couldn't be found anywhere else, it's just less likely. (still rare though)

Void containers and caches do sound pretty cool.  Would definitely add more interest in void.

Edited by (XB1)SAOxSonicKirito

I could do without shoving things into the void exclusively.  Been there, done that.  Might as well make them random spawn events across the star chart... like alerts or nightmare missions...  Or even attach them to Kuva siphon missions where they're located inside hidden caches.  If DE really wants to have a fail scenario for this method, open the first cache, a self-destruct timer is set on the rest of the caches.

19 hours ago, (Xbox One)SAOxSonicKirito said:

No so much as needs to go from sorties, but needed to be added elsewhere.  How about higher chances for high tier rivens for the sorties.  (the faint disposition; one or two dots)  

Weapons like Dread, simulor, opticor would likely be found via sorties over anywhere else, but still very rare and quite random.  Also decreasing the chance of a riven from sorties.  Not saying they couldn't be found anywhere else, it's just less likely. (still rare though)

Void containers and caches do sound pretty cool.  Would definitely add more interest in void.

Agreed.

They don't need to be removed from Sorties. Just added elsewhere, too.

I'm bumping this topic.  This topic still has me thinking about how lame this current riven farm is.  All the effort for crappy rivens on a more consistent basis is really ticking me off.  As I lost xbox gold, I can longer rely on help to make sorties quicker or even doable, meaning the farm for a riven is dreadfully painful... and all the rivens I do have suck... and I don't even have half of the guns the rivens require.  So I'm sticking with what I said earlier, let the sortie give good to godly rivens and add other rivens to other missions such as void.  Although, do have a slight chance of getting a Sortie level riven if lucky... don't just keep them locked to sorties, although chances would be higher doing sorties, shouldn't just be locked to sorties.

So... into the void we go. 

In the Void:
Rivens should be obtainable by breaking containers and hidden rooms, these would be lower tiered rivens (unless lucky).
Rivens should also be available in sabotage caches, usually low to mid tier rivens (depending on level of mission)
Rivens should also be available after wave 20 of a defence.  Each reward would increase chances of a riven. The higher you go the higher chances of a good to god tier riven.
Rivens should also be available after 20 minutes of a survival.  Again, chances of riven increase as well as chance of good to god tier riven.
Rivens could also be a reward from a Spy on Lua.  No alarms will increase chance of a riven on final database.

Also, having syndicates have the small chance of dropping a riven (when attacked) would be nice as well as stalker/G3/Zanuka Hunter.  This could be all around or in void only, either way works.

Having random void enemies have a slight chance of dropping a relevant riven would also be cool.  (bombard/heavy gunners would drop rifle rivens, those butchers or whatever they are called would drop melee rivens, and smaller enemies would drop pistol rivens.  OFC this would be a low chance, but still a chance.)

I've said this before (I believe), but I'm ok with the challenges and the negative ratings.  If they don't have a negative then they'll be too overpowered and then a nerf would happen... or atleast, that's what I think.  As for the challenges, it just gives something else to do.

Anyways, I thought i'd just bump this topic.  Hopefully some good comes of this... as something does have to be done with rivens.

I'm mostly happy with rivens. I've accepted them for what they are.

I do want one change for rivens.

The amount of choices you get for a riven re roll is based on its disposition. Example. dispositions of 1 (Meta weapons) would be un  effected.  But Rivens with a disposition of 5 could get 5 choices a roll.

the goal is to further push Rivens goal. that of to make the mastery fodder / underused weapons a chance to shine by making good Rivens easier to come by while keeping the value of meta Rivens still high. ( as the chances of a God 1 disposition still high)

Oh boy rivens time to rant prepare yourselves.

I hate riven mods as they are right now.The amount of Rng in them is absolutely ridiculous and not fun in the slightest.Lets count the rng rolls for rivens 

1:rng roll if a riven drops from a sortie

2:rng roll which riven type it is (rifle,secondary,shotgun,melee)

3:rng roll for the weapon the riven will be for

4:rng roll for the stats the riven will have 

5:dont like the stats throw kuva at it to roll some more

The only thing we can control about rivens is we get to choose if we want to keep our old roll or our current roll and if your new roll sucks you pretty much just wasted kuva.Right now the rolls are an almost infinite loop with a chance that you wont get anything good and that should never be allowed not to mention that there is only 1 way to farm kuva which gets quite monotonous really fast.Riven storage capacity we only have 15 at the beginning but we can buy more for plat in which 3 slots cost 60p with a maximum of 60 slots,thats fine rivens take a huge amount of data on the servers it would still be nice to get a couple of extra free slots maybe based on your mastery rank but i digress.

Now some steps DE can take to make this better.

Rivens can stay sortie only drops thats fair.

Once a riven is unveiled give the player 3 random riven choices each one for a different weapon so that way we can choose one that might be intresting and not just be stuck with a worthless one which we dissolve.

Let us lock in stats or reroll a single one but make it more expensive or make it so it costs a different type of kuva i would even be fine with designing a raid that is all about raiding the grineer queens kuva vaults and since the queens have a better knowledge of kuva they have ways of refining it,but limit it to like 1 maybe 2 locked stats.

Design more mission types to farm kuva.Ideas that come to mind are:a version of hijack where we take control of a kuva siphon and have to defend it while it collets kuva kind of combining hijack and excavation mechanics,kuva spy vaults our mission is to break in to a vault containing kuva if we manage to do it undected we get a large amount of kuva but if we are detected the queens begin moving the kuva to a different location and we have to hurry and scavange as much as we can,create new enemy types Grineer Kuva Collectors with little packs on their backs that harvest kuva in certain mission types that when killed drop kuva,make it a sortie drop maybe like 5000 kuva.

Now for possible thrash riven mods that we get or already have there could be 2 options.The first is instead of endo we dissolve them into kuva(we have more then enough ways to get endo) or the second riven recycling you sacrifice 4 riven mods to get a new completely random riven(maybe influenced by which riven types you sacrifice say 4 rifle rivens give you a higher chance of it being a rifle riven and so on).

Now for the riven stats make it so weak weapons cant get negatives that make them completely useless lets say you get a riven for the twin vipers it will obviously have higher stats since its not a commonly used weapon right,yeah but it can also have a huge negative like -100% damage,multishot or flight speed which makes the weapon worthless.Actually make this a thing for all weapons dont let a single negative stat completely kill the weapon.

There with all this the rivens would be a system everyone would want to use and would grind for without feeling screwed over by rng.

But hey DE said theyre satisfied with the way rivens are now so all our feedback is probably pointless since i doubt changes will come 

What I don't mind:

unlock challenges - kind of interesting and since I only get about 1 riven/month since RNG is so unkind, its not bad

What really sucks:

Sortie only acquisition pisses me off - I neither need nor want anything from the sorties OTHER than rivens - of course the last 7 sorties I did? 6 statues and a regular lens for a focus system that has already been announced as end-of-life (and even if it wasnt I already have every tree unlocked)

Kuva farming annoys me - i hate tenno form, and hate that there is only 1 way to farm kuva - gets BORING fast. And even Lotus annoys me (Yes lotus, believe it or not, after having done 1000 kuva missions i DO know how to destroy this thing -you don't need to tell me that worked or to be quick about destroying the other braids).

Kuva cost is ridiculous per roll - especially given the above - even with a constantly on doubler its pure pain trying to roll a riven.

I am in 100% agreement.  I too think that Rivens should be dropped in more than just sortie missions.  I like what a couple others have mentioned here about adding them to the void.  If they can give us a few selection of rivens to chose from, that would be great too, but still should be placed in places outside of sorties as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017 at 1:11 AM, Emulad0or said:

I wouldnt mind other ways to get them, but making them so common like this... we already have so many riven on the market, it seems kinda pointless. Maybe instead make something like transmutate with rivens we already own to create a random new one? Maybe a trader so we can trade an unwanted riven + some kuva for a random riven? 

Don't do basic transmutation for rivens. What if you trade relatively decent rivens and end up with a REALLY bad one? 

What they should do, is make it so you trade up or sacrifice 4 or 5 rivens and you get a riven for any weapon OF YOUR CHOICE. I think this would be a fair and much more fun alternative to simple transumatating them into oblivion. 

I get a Riven every time I complete a Sortie. Every. Single. Time. And I don't want them. I could care less about Rivens and Sorties but I want some lenses.

Sorties should be reworked or replaced. Enemies scaling past about lvl 70 breaks the game and forces you to use very specific frames with very specific loadouts/builds. Kinda kills the fundamental point behind Warframe.

I'm all for challenging endgame content but Sorties are a bit ridiculous at lvl 100 enemies + conditions/modifiers. Challenge comes from mechanics and encounter design, not making trash mobs into insta-death aim bots.

I love Warframe but I really don't like Sorties.

On 23.9.2017 at 4:15 PM, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

1 - Rivens are a pain to get, especially now that there's so many of them. You do sorties daily and hardly ever get a riven, and when you do get one after a whole week or more of sorties, you do your task to reveal and it's usually a terrible riven for a weapon you hardly care about (keep in mind there's like 300 different rivens you can have and maybe 30 which are really sought after).

This is the reason I dont mind rivens anymore. The chance of getting a riven for a weapon you want to use is way below 1% on each sortie. I ended with two sorts of rivens. For trash weapons where percentage increase of damage, status or crit will not save it or for weapons that did not need a riven to begin with (Soma, Sybaris or Lex). Any fun weapon I wanted a riven for (Karak Wraith, Stradavar or Kesheg) I had to buy. 

Rivens were introduced to breathe life into underpowered weapons but they mostly serve as means to make strong weapons even stronger. 

If you are interested in the depressing maths.

Edited by k05h

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)JACK BURT0N LSG said:

I get a Riven every time I complete a Sortie. Every. Single. Time. And I don't want them. I could care less about Rivens and Sorties but I want some lenses.

Sorties should be reworked or replaced. Enemies scaling past about lvl 70 breaks the game and forces you to use very specific frames with very specific loadouts/builds. Kinda kills the fundamental point behind Warframe.

I'm all for challenging endgame content but Sorties are a bit ridiculous at lvl 100 enemies + conditions/modifiers. Challenge comes from mechanics and encounter design, not making trash mobs into insta-death aim bots.

I love Warframe but I really don't like Sorties.

Could not agree more. I loathe Sorties and think the represent the worst of Warframe.

As for Rivens...they are infinite. Let's spread them out, make them more widely available. 

Put Rivens on the Plains. In hidden Void rooms. Caches are another good idea. You've got an infinite loot system. Use it.