Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Remove 24hr Cooldown on Mastery Test Failure

BlackRoseAngel

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I'd have to look up the video, as it's been too long. Recently did MR24 with the advent of CoH, so please excuse my memory on Tests below MR19.

Now, I wasn't saying to pass it with plat, god no, I'm sorry if that's what you thought I meant, I was mainly referencing weaponry and frames, as well as build times, not MR Tests.

I've said about as much on my piece as I felt like about the Tests themselves though. Short and simple, it's just a time wall, and a "progression" wall, even though by, technically, not counting rivens, MR14 is the current highest you need to be to get every weapon and frame.

Its just a "Advancement" system under the guise of a test. Fail the test, continue on, try again the next day as DE inputs your playtime and adds the info of your play that day to their logs.

Hey, at least any additional mastery you get that overflows the rank carries over to the next one. You won't lose any mastery, thankfully.

The problem is that I've already passed MR11, except when Qualify is on. There is no need for this and no reason to make me wait 24 hours to pass it.

Yes I am aware that rank carries over, but that doesn't exactly help that MR11 riven sitting in my inventory. >_>

Just now, BlackRoseAngel said:

There is no purpose. It exists only to annoy. The fact that you can't see that astounds me, honestly.

The purpose is to force you to understand that you obviously can't take the test. You get 3 tries, you couldn't make an easy jump on any of them. Ergo, you can't do it and need to practice. 

DE doesn't make content JUST to annoy. If that's the mindset you've got about it, then that's awful and I wonder how you mange to enjoy the game. 

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

The purpose is to force you to understand that you obviously can't take the test. You get 3 tries, you couldn't make an easy jump on any of them. Ergo, you can't do it and need to practice. 

DE doesn't make content JUST to annoy. If that's the mindset you've got about it, then that's awful and I wonder how you mange to enjoy the game. 

Uh no. You get ONE try on MR11.

1 minute ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

The problem is that I've already passed MR11, except when Qualify is on. There is no need for this and no reason to make me wait 24 hours to pass it.

Yes I am aware that rank carries over, but that doesn't exactly help that MR11 riven sitting in my inventory. >_>

Ah a Riven. Rifle, Pistol, Shotty, Melee? What are you hoping to get?

So you've practiced and passed in practice, just not the actual test, if I'm reading that right, correct?

Again, it's like a Forma. It's a Time wall that serves multiple purposes.

1) Prevents Spamming of a test for easy progression.

2)Encourages you to log in and play the next day to complete the test or fail again. The numbers matter to DE.

3)Gives an interesting break from standard gameplay through use of short, quick challenges.

There's a few others, but they're not as important.

29 minutes ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

What you're doing here is essentially all the things I asked not be done.

I will no longer reply to you. Good bye.

You're funny, the only thing I did what you asked not to be done was reply as non-staff, but honestly, don't expect people to not reply if you post in a public forum. 

But you are right, it's not possible to argue reasonably with you, so I'm out. Good luck thread, enjoy your time before you get locked. 

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Ah a Riven. Rifle, Pistol, Shotty, Melee? What are you hoping to get?

So you've practiced and passed in practice, just not the actual test, if I'm reading that right, correct?

Again, it's like a Forma. It's a Time wall that serves multiple purposes.

1) Prevents Spamming of a test for easy progression.

2)Encourages you to log in and play the next day to complete the test or fail again. The numbers matter to DE.

3)Gives an interesting break from standard gameplay through use of short, quick challenges.

There's a few others, but they're not as important.

Yes, you've read that correctly. And I don't see why any of those things are bad.

1: You still have to rank up items to get progression and that takes time.

2: I log in everyday anyway, this encourages me NOT to.

3: More frustrating than interesting. And having a 24 hr cooldown removes the "short and quick" part.

5 minutes ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

Yes, you've read that correctly. And I don't see why any of those things are bad.

1: You still have to rank up items to get progression and that takes time.

2: I log in everyday anyway, this encourages me NOT to.

3: More frustrating than interesting. And having a 24 hr cooldown removes the "short and quick" part.

1) Alright. So we agree.

2) I'm sorry you feel that way, but good to know you're active.

3) In my defense, I meant during the challenge itself. Not if you failed. 

People would progress too quickly if the barrier wasn't there. The barrier also prevents multiple rank ups, say if somebody had enough mastery to do so several times, they would have to wait a day inbetween each test, even if they succeeded. It's simply a time wall.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

1) Alright. So we agree.

2) I'm sorry you feel that way, but good to know you're active.

3) In my defense, I meant during the challenge itself. Not if you failed. 

People would progress too quickly if the barrier wasn't there. The barrier also prevents multiple rank ups, say if somebody had enough mastery to do so several times, they would have to wait a day inbetween each test, even if they succeeded. It's simply a time wall.

Okay, if you want to limit people to one rank up a day, I can understand that. The problem is that the penalty for failing is too harsh and is discouraging. It's counterproductive.

Edited by BlackRoseAngel

Just now, BlackRoseAngel said:

Okay, if you want to limit people to one rank up a day, I can understand that. The problem is that the penalty for failing is too harsh and is discouraging.

I'm happy you agree on that part.

The penalty honestly isn't that bad at lower levels since you still have so much to do. There's plenty to bide the time with until the Test is reset. At later levels, there's less to do, but farming occupies our time too much to matter...

Genuinely, I'm asking: What exactly is so bad about the cooldown? Your OP did not state it too clearly for me, so I'm just going to ask.

Honestly, I'm more bummed about Trial Reset cooldowns than MR ones, but I understand why they're in place.

4 minutes ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

Okay, if you want to limit people to one rank up a day, I can understand that. The problem is that the penalty for failing is too harsh and is discouraging. It's counterproductive.

Not really, I failed a few times when I was new to this game (PC version) and I'm still playing it. The whole idea of MR tests is to test your mastery of the game mechanics so its only natural you try to hone your skills.

Plus you can practice MR tests as many times you want in Cephalon Simaris' area until you are confident with yourself.

Just now, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I'm happy you agree on that part.

The penalty honestly isn't that bad at lower levels since you still have so much to do. There's plenty to bide the time with until the Test is reset. At later levels, there's less to do, but farming occupies our time too much to matter...

Genuinely, I'm asking: What exactly is so bad about the cooldown? Your OP did not state it too clearly for me, so I'm just going to ask.

Honestly, I'm more bummed about Trial Reset cooldowns than MR ones, but I understand why they're in place.

Aside from the general frustration of being locked out of content?

I have a Riven mod that I can't use because it's MR11.

There isn't a whole lot left for me to do as far as content is concerned. Aside from a couple quests all I have to do is grind.

The fact that it's 24 hours. It seems to be needlessly long. I'm aware that forging items takes longer, but I'm not required to do a bullet jumping test to get my stuff out of the foundry.

Also the fact that a lot of these tests don't well simulate what you find in actual missions. So I feel like I'm being judged on things that don't apply.

1 minute ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

Not really, I failed a few times when I was new to this game (PC version) and I'm still playing it. The whole idea of MR tests is to test your mastery of the game mechanics so its only natural you try to hone your skills.

Plus you can practice MR tests as many times you want in Cephalon Simaris' area until you are confident with yourself.

How many times do I have to say that I already practiced the test and I do fine until I qualify because the threat of that stupid penalty makes me screw up?

Edited by BlackRoseAngel

Explain to me how passing an MR test is so stressful that it is like life or death hanging in the balance that a 24hour cool down is the end of the world?

You say you are in college and you take exams which to any rational person would be more important to their life than a simple video game challenge. 

Get your priorities straight. Relax and accept that there is a challenge that you can not over come right this minute. When you do overcome it I bet you will wonder what all of the fuss was for in the first place.

I will guarantee you unless you change your mind set about this you will not enjoy warframe and its further tests. Nor will DE remove the MR tests. Accept it now or hold your piece because really it is like complaining to a brick wall.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

1 minute ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

Aside from the general frustration of being locked out of content?

I have a Riven mod that I can't use because it's MR11.

There isn't a whole lot left for me to do as far as content is concerned. Aside from a couple quests all I have to do is grind.

The fact that it's 24 hours. It seems to be needlessly long. I'm aware that forging items takes longer, but I'm not required to do a bullet jumping test to get my stuff out of the foundry.

Also the fact that a lot of these tests don't well simulate what you find in actual missions. So I feel like I'm being judged on things that don't apply.

If it makes you feel better, I have an MR 26 Riven for Shotguns. Can't use that for a LOOOOOOOONG time, since MR 25 isn't even able to be hit yet.

That's what I meant by "Challenges different than standard gameplay" it's like your Math Tests from High school. When are you going to use half of that knowledge in a typical job? I never have. Still waiting on that day.

However, that's a sneak peek into the life of most Warframe players. The game turns from Warframe, to Warfarm after a certain point. Enjoy the bliss while you can.

Just now, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

If it makes you feel better, I have an MR 26 Riven for Shotguns. Can't use that for a LOOOOOOOONG time, since MR 25 isn't even able to be hit yet.

That's what I meant by "Challenges different than standard gameplay" it's like your Math Tests from High school. When are you going to use half of that knowledge in a typical job? I never have. Still waiting on that day.

However, that's a sneak peek into the life of most Warframe players. The game turns from Warframe, to Warfarm after a certain point. Enjoy the bliss while you can.

Bleh...