The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, that Volt Deluxe concept art...

KaizergidorahXi

On 9/21/2017 at 3:26 PM, peterc3 said:

I find it baffling that this much salt is being thrown at an unfinished piece of concept art, one of several being considered for Volt's deluxe skin.

Symmetry is irrelevant at this point because the art is unfinished. It might be a cool concept, it might be an asymmetrical blob of nothing that is rejected.

Have we seen the other ones being considered?

Can you link them here?

If the answer is "no" to both of those, we definitely have the privilege to dump salt all over this ugly lump of art.

As a Tenno with Volt (Prime) as his most played frame, I REALLY dislike the direction they've gone with this deluxe.

16 hours ago, ChargeBeam said:

Have we seen the other ones being considered?

Can you link them here?

If the answer is "no" to both of those, we definitely have the privilege to dump salt all over this ugly lump of art.

As a Tenno with Volt (Prime) as his most played frame, I REALLY dislike the direction they've gone with this deluxe.

What direction can you get from this unfinished piece of concept art? There are no effects, there are no textures, no real details. I am indifferent to it because it's like they showed a rough clay sculpture of a car and people are clamoring to say what an ugly final product it will be. There's nothing to judge.

15 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

What direction can you get from this unfinished piece of concept art? There are no effects, there are no textures, no real details. I am indifferent to it because it's like they showed a rough clay sculpture of a car and people are clamoring to say what an ugly final product it will be. There's nothing to judge.

Yes there is, the shape. You can totally judge a shape. Plenty of sculptures are only shape with a solid color. Does that stop anyone from judging them? No it doesn't.

24 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

Yes there is, the shape. You can totally judge a shape. Plenty of sculptures are only shape with a solid color. Does that stop anyone from judging them? No it doesn't.

Fair enough. However, if you were to strip the existing frames of their glowy bits, their textures, their colors, anything that stands out... how many of them would be just as ugly as people think this unfinished concept is or maybe even uglier?

6 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Fair enough. However, if you were to strip the existing frames of their glowy bits, their textures, their colors, anything that stands out... how many of them would be just as ugly as people think this unfinished concept is or maybe even uglier?

Except this concept has obvious areas that would be glowy bits, textures, colors, AND things that stand out?

It doesn't matter how far along a concept is, we can give feedback at any stage. It's why they show us stuff.

And really, if you stripped existing frames of all those things, they'd be grey models that still fit their themes. Granted this fits the theme well, I don't like the direction it's going aesthetically.

On 9/22/2017 at 5:43 AM, ZenDash said:

idk what the rest are talking about but the second concept looks fantastic

Gives me more of a Loki prime vibe than volt from the jutting elbow spike and the helm's "side horns" tbh. 

Just me though, kinda wish volt deluxe concepts to have a more aerodynamic overall tone on him is all.