Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Why Do You Not Care About Players Opinions

KuroAka

Update 7 made a huge improvement in the game.

it moved away from a very limited progression system where you had to go along set upgrade paths, and if you didn't potato your frame you would be locked out of half of it, including your ultimate abilitiy, to a system where you have a lot more customization and you dont NEED to potato your frame to use all of your abilities.

That was a HUGE step forwards.  And the current mod system is a lot better than it was when I first founded the game back in very early CBT.  Heck, the vast majority of this game is far better than CBT, and I cant think of a solid point where its not been majorly improved.

They have been making solid updates pretty much everywhere in the game and have been listening to player feed back.

See how quickly they fixed the Sobek, or the Aura system.

And in F2P games, which hint hint, this is one, the main aspect of them is  a GRIND.  it looks like you got into a f2p game without any idea what one was.

And compared to a lot of other f2p games, this ones grind is very light and easy.

Edited by Tsukinoki

No matter how I look at this you are nothing but an idiot who too quickly invested in something that had the potential to change drastically. If you had waited till now you would have been able to bugger off and not try to create some kind of trouble in the forums ^^

As for me I love the game, polorisation is fun and useful for players like me who have worked to get everything I want, and now want to make it better.

@Shadowedcross
I'm wondering when he backed it and if he's even played the same game...I've been backing it since the extremely early CBT system which is not comparable at all to its current iteration.  And each iteration has been an improvement on the system.

How about you tell Digital Extremes how to better their game instead of whining about every little thing they do. Common sense, seriously.

I have, but sadly they do not care. There have also been many great ideas on the forms that are never taken into consideration. 

@KuroAka
They dont care?

Like they didn't care about the aura system feedback?
Or the Sobek?
Or the requests on the weapon forums for how to rework ashes shurken or bladestorm?
Or the requests for a kunai?
Or the requests for a scythe?

So please tell me what's this 'oh so great' feedback you've provided to DE that they've ignored.

Fact is that DE listens much more than any other game devs out there.

@KuroAka

They dont care?

Like they didn't care about the aura system feedback?

Or the Sobek?

Or the requests on the weapon forums for how to rework ashes shurken or bladestorm?

Or the requests for a kunai?

Or the requests for a scythe?

So please tell me what's this 'oh so great' feedback you've provided to DE that they've ignored.

Fact is that DE listens much more than any other game devs out there.

Seeing that many just think that DE can never do anything wrong what is the point? when there are people like you in the design console that will only troll and shoot down good ideas.  

@KuroAka
And what "Good ideas" have I trolled or shot down?

I haven't done either, neither on this thread nor others.

And you have yet to tell us what the "great feedback" you gave DE that they ignorred is, so that we can see what petty and self serving things you want in the game but never happened.

Currently all I see in this thread is you complaining that you aren't getting exactly what you want in this game, so you're going to throw a trantrum.

If anything, you're the one trolling.

Edited by Tsukinoki

I have, but sadly they do not care. There have also been many great ideas on the forms that are never taken into consideration. 

One topic? And no response from DE and you lose your mind? I have posted many topics and only one got a response. Guess what, I don't care that much. Handle one idea at a time. Do not shotgun blast ideas in one topic. 

You want 100% control you need to fund it 100%.  Thousands of others also fund the game and are happy with the results, they may not be happy with all of them but are still happy overall.

DE have proven they do listen to the community (manytimes over), maybe a little too much some times in my opinion.  I honestly haven't seen a game where a company listens and values the community input anywhere near as much as DE has.

You can even completly ignore the prestiging system if you want, its there as a choice to customise your stuff exactly the way you want it.

Well for one a better end game mod systems that is not just making players level up gear and warframes only to get a icon that can make a mod consume less resources. What about a way to add more slots, throw the foundry or adding smaller upgrades or additions to mods that you already have. An example would be if you have a level 30 weapon and a maxed out element damage mod you can add an extra upgrade to that mod that ups the crit chance or DOT damage of that mod. How about if you polarizer a weapon that reset and having to level that weapon up again count to your overall mastery. Also having mastery actually do something, like a higher drop rate on rare mats, blueprints and/or even gate keys. Having different visual effects on the different levels of polarizations. Having different abilities for warframes than just the base few, which are the only ones available. Also making these abilities completely separate from the warframes mod slots. Skills and/or abilities should not be mobs. They should be their own thing so that they can be more of them and players have the choice to customize which ones they want depending on how they want to play.

Having more options to get void keys. Not only having a guild dojo, but for players that don't want to be in a guild or are just playing the game to play, have a room where they can do and get the same things as a guild with reasonable mat requirements. These rooms could also be a shop to sell items and mobs. Maybe having different melee weapon skills depending on the type of weapon.These are just a few ideas that I have had.     

You want 100% control you need to fund it 100%.  Thousands of others also fund the game and are happy with the results, they may not be happy with all of them but are still happy overall.

DE have proven they do listen to the community (manytimes over), maybe a little too much some times in my opinion.  I honestly haven't seen a game where a company listens and values the community input anywhere near as much as DE has.

You can even completly ignore the prestiging system if you want, its there as a choice to customise your stuff exactly the way you want it.

Yes it maybe optional but there is no other way to upgrade your frame and/or weapons further without using it. If there was a different option that was even a bit harder to do other than just level and get forma, but didn't reset the level that would be fine. Or making the exp gained after the polarization go to mastery.

They may fix some but then only add others.

its a work in progress?

a F2P game has to have these sort of things to keep the game alive. you need to have some kind of grind or incentive to put money into the game or else the game will simply cease to exist....

from my experience DE has been VERY responsive to issues and player feedback, they seem to be forever striving to make the game even better and more epic.

honestly each major update has been AMAZING, always adding new and cool things, the staff has been really friendly when I had issues and things seem to get fixed fairly quickly (you also need to understand that this is an INDIE title and not some AAA blockbuster title from EA or something, there are only so many people working on this at once. I can only imagine how hard they work each day...)

personally Warframe is one of the best F2P titles out there. I haven't seen or played another F2P game that KEEPS me playing and wanting to play more. let alone give them money to show support (and for some extra goodies =3)

perhaps its just been my experience, there are a LOT of people they are trying to appeal to... its a tough job to make, HOW many people happy?

Edited by Fartbake

I think it's more of a case of DE not being able to please everyone all the time.

If anything, I think DE has listened to players a bit too much on some things. The changes you listed as things you don't like (namely the polarization system), was a response to the extremely loud cries of not having anything to level when something reached rank 30. DE's response was letting you relevel frames and weapons, and giving you a little boost for doing so.

If you feel that polarization is somehow required in this game, it isn't at all. What are you having trouble with that you think you need to polarize? You keep saying that they're requiring a grind, but why? There's no difficult content in this game aside from super high levels of defense, which you can entirely avoid because it's only currently there as a battle of attrition.

DE listens to players way too often, and often with knee jerk reactions I feel they later go back on (e.g. Rhino changes). It's not that player feedback is bad, it's great that DE is listening. So I really disagree that DE doesn't listen. They've been listening way too much.

In case you think I'm being hypocritical, I'll tell you now that I've used one forma on a weapon and one on a frame (Frost, who is now identical to my Frost Prime in terms of polarities). I do nightmare mode on Outer Terminus just fine, including alerts on Outer Terminus that are not defense missions. I am not bragging here, my point is that you don't need to polarize anything. I am not even using the weapon I polarized because I'm always leveling other low-mid level weapons. So even when using unmaxed gear, half of which with no potato, I'm doing fine. So where is DE requiring that you grind?

And to ease your mind a bit, don't forget what Steve said in live stream 4, which I'm sure is still true (just a WIP). He said that the current game is mostly farming, but that's definitely not end game. DE has lots of plans to have playable content that doesn't revolve around farming. The only reason farming is even a thing right now is because when content is running low, farming is a temporary stop gap. We're still in beta, so let's just hope DE gets some of that end game done by the PS4 launch (when they will likely drop the "beta" tag).

And they're adding more reasons to increase mastery as well, as stated in live stream 10.

I seriously can't believe your entire post was about polarization. It doesn't even make sense.

Edited by gell

It is very wrong and fairly trollbait to throw big claims like 'You don't listen' at a Developer who puts about 80% of the stuff the players band together and ask for in the game.

I don't know how or why you seem to have lost track of the fact that this forum is practically overflowing with information and opinion about the game - nor how you've lost touch with the knowledge that DE is constantly lurking these forums to take in new information from the players who are willing to talk.

Is it more of listening to much or listening to the wrong players? If they are listening then I would say that they are listening to the wrong players and implementing quick and dirty changes that should have had much more thought put into them like the polarization system.

Then if you are doing so. listening and taking feedback then why do you not put more information and have discussions on upcoming changes to the game in the design console? You seem to just do things without getting any player feedback. Or just seeing complaints about one system that other players may not need changed and have the idea be bounced of players and devs for a reasonable change to a system can be made. Or test different versions of a system and get player feedback on. Not just making a system that is it. Never to talk about it or seeming to want to improve it. like the polarizations system.

Edited by KuroAka

Is it more of listening to much or listening to the wrong players? If they are listening then I would say that they are listening to the wrong players and implementing quick and dirty changes that should have had much more thought put into them like the polarization system.  

Are you the right player then? :)

I think you can see from your own thread that the majority of people here like the polarization system. Granted, your thread is a small sample size, but this is not the first anti-polarization thread on this forum, but the response has always been the same. I see a lot more pro-polarization than anti.

I share your desires for more end game, reasons to increase mastery, and less grind because I hate grinding. Yet, I don't consider the polarization system part of that grinding. Like I said, you don't need to polarize anything to play WF, unless you are really bad and need bigger numbers (face it, some people are terrible at games and just need higher DPS to survive). If you fall into that category of players that need to polarize to feel effective, then I'm sorry about your skills, but it doesn't inherently make the polarization system grindy or bad. Also, I disagree with your suggestions above. I think that would make the game worse.

Really Worse? Or maybe just make it more enjoyable for more people that don't have hours and hours to play this game? Do players not want more options to do things? And if there is only the polarization system that is to be "endgame" upgrades what else are you to do? Also using the system forces you to loss all of your progression and having to then repeat content that is low level just to get back to where you where. I don't see the system as being for bad players, I see it as a way for DE to gate players from content and allowing them to not have to worry about having any endgame at all.  I have even repeatable submitted questions about the polarization system and why it was done the way that it was, and if it or any other system is going to be implemented for the live streams and has never gotten answered. It just seems like DE is ignoring any type of endgame advancement.     

Edited by KuroAka