Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Why Do You Not Care About Players Opinions

KuroAka

You have a weird set of expectations. No big deal though.

Look

Do you think I'm always 100% cool with every change DE makes? The answer is a pretty straightforward no. There are parts of Warframe I don't like - funnily enough always little things. No-brainer things that tick me off.

Does that mean I'd ever want to tell them they need to listen less? Get real. That is absolute stupidity

As a community we've got an open and honest line of communication to the Devs. On these forums players speak their piece - talk about things from their point of view. Who is right or wrong is pointless arguing - it is just honest feedback. 

I'm honestly blown away by the number of times I've seen DE pick up on a problem or topic the people really want addressed and done something about it in fairly short order. They have a vision of a game they've wanted to make happen for a long time and they use the feelings and feedback of players to try to make sure to make this vision offers as much as possible - without losing sight of what they want from it.

The only reason I even play this game is to watch DE go. They caught my interest ages ago and they've shown me a ton since then.

So no. They sure as hell don't ignore the players - they also sure as hell don't need to listen less. Not the way I see it.

Just figured I'd share my viewpoint.

TL;DR anti-polarization post.

Why you want us to stop leveling weapons at level 30 ?

I want to put 2 V polarities for split chamber and Serration on Ogris or Torid, so I can make it even more game breaking than usual.

Why deny me that chance ?

Sorry OP, but not every updates is the one that suits you most. But well. Thinking they should do exactly what YOU want because you have donated(Like ten thousand others have) is so laughable. We all should make threads now and say what everybody wants this game to be, since everyone is owner of the game now right. Just leave op. Just leave.....

Edited by Venarge

Yea try again.  If you have a problem with the polarize system, then please do expain in a more civilized and composed manner.  Spending all that money on Master then making threads like this is not going to help you.  I personally don't like the system as well, so you are not alone on that regard.

Calm down. If you hadn't started right off the bat with an accusatory tone, you might've been taken seriously instead of having to face random members of he community appearing on this thread just to flame you. 

With that said, you're right in some of the things you say. You don't like the polarization system. And you don't have to. The players that do are serious and have the time to relevel their weapons all the way up to 30. While it improves weapons, it's not in the least bit necessary, and you can ignore the whole feature. 

I agree with your comments about the progression towards a grindfest. It's not fun, or at the very least, I, personally, don't like it. I can only speak for myself. The mod cards require grind and aren't experience based. It's annoying. They don't reward stealth, parkour, and an understanding of the game mechanics. I honestly would like to see a new kind of mod experience  mechanism. Everyone here has gotten used to it and will rush in to contradict me, but it just isn't a good system. The Foundry is the only area where I'm okay with grind. I don't think grindy mechanics should form the basis of level progression.

The whole void key experience for me is weird. I just don't like how it panned out. They created this whole Orokin aspect of the game and made it as flat as a pancake. Every time I manage to nag an Orokin key, I kinda feel underwhelmed. "That's it? A stupid key?" I don't think enough flesh has been given to the Orokin void, and I don't like how it's all just thrown at you. There's no lore given that rationalizes how hard to attain the keys are. It's also a side kinda thing. In the future, I'd like to see that a player's actions in the void affect the gameplay within the traditional star map. The Orokin creatures of the depths they talked about it the livestream, i'd like to see them be more cooperative with the  player based on actions in the void (don't ask me what actions. I'm just throwing around ideas).

To say that the game's going down the drain, though, is extreme. 

Edited by Clock-Work

I think the OP should use this as a lesson to think twice before spending money haphazardly on something that is bound to change. The devs knew it, which is why founder packs are so risky in nature. When buying a founder's pack, you're telling the devs that you'll support them no matter what they do. No use kicking and screaming after the fact - if you invested that money in error, it's only your own damn fault.

So the only thing I can say is learn to be more responsible with your purchases next time.

Well for one a better end game mod systems that is not just making players level up gear and warframes only to get a icon that can make a mod consume less resources. What about a way to add more slots, throw the foundry or adding smaller upgrades or additions to mods that you already have. An example would be if you have a level 30 weapon and a maxed out element damage mod you can add an extra upgrade to that mod that ups the crit chance or DOT damage of that mod. How about if you polarizer a weapon that reset and having to level that weapon up again count to your overall mastery. Also having mastery actually do something, like a higher drop rate on rare mats, blueprints and/or even gate keys. Having different visual effects on the different levels of polarizations. Having different abilities for warframes than just the base few, which are the only ones available. Also making these abilities completely separate from the warframes mod slots. Skills and/or abilities should not be mobs. They should be their own thing so that they can be more of them and players have the choice to customize which ones they want depending on how they want to play.

Having more options to get void keys. Not only having a guild dojo, but for players that don't want to be in a guild or are just playing the game to play, have a room where they can do and get the same things as a guild with reasonable mat requirements. These rooms could also be a shop to sell items and mobs. Maybe having different melee weapon skills depending on the type of weapon.These are just a few ideas that I have had.     

Pretty much everything you describe as "improvements" here would just make the game too easy, but here's still a summary of what I think:

(I've edited your suggestions into easy (to read text lines as you wrote a whole incoherent block of text)

Q: What about a way to add more slots, throw the foundry or adding smaller upgrades or additions to mods that you already have.

Adding more mod slots to frames/weapons defeats the purpose of having a build as then everybody would just equip everything.

Adding additional modifiers to mods would be a cool thing provided the cost to equip went up to match, but if the cost didn't increase, then you'd still be looking at easymode here.

Q: How about if you polarizer a weapon that reset and having to level that weapon up again count to your overall mastery.

There is a reason for this and that's to force you out of your comfort zone. A big part of the game is mastering differing weapons and loadouts, learning how to make the best of every weapon is the skill portion of this game. Mastery is for all intents and purposes a fairly good way to gauge skill, but as you're so set in your ways, you're just not seeing that.

Q: Also having mastery actually do something, like a higher drop rate on rare mats, blueprints and/or even gate keys.

I can definitely agree with this. Mastery should account for more than just weapons access, but making mats more common is definitely the completely wrong way to keep a player interested. If anything, once you've proven yourself, the game should amp up the challenge.

Q: Having different abilities for warframes than just the base few, which are the only ones available. Also making these abilities completely separate from the warframes mod slots. Skills and/or abilities should not be mobs. They should be their own thing so that they can be more of them and players have the choice to customize which ones they want depending on how they want to play.

Again, this would make the game easier as then you could just pick and choose a setup that would make you OP. The reason for the mods being bound to a warframe is to make it a min-max situation where you have to plan ahead rather than just make a "set and forget" solution.

Q: Having more options to get void keys. Not only having a guild dojo, but for players that don't want to be in a guild or are just playing the game to play, have a room where they can do and get the same things as a guild with reasonable mat requirements.

In regards to void keys, these are made scarce in order to further increase the difficulty as they're meant to be end-game content, and defense just so happens to be the hardest content out there bar the void. In regards to the dojo, have you even looked at the requirements now for a "ghost clan"?

It's entirely possible for you to make your own basic clan fortress now as it's dirt cheap. Hell, our five man clan mistakenly upped our tier to 30 members and we're still doing pretty fine in regards to resources.

Overall, I'd say that it seems that the problem that you're having here is that the focus of the game is moving towards a skill-based and tactical manner of playing which you're not comfortable with. Since that has been their vision from day one, that's not about to change. So you can either adapt to the changes and teach yourself how to properly utilize the new systems, or less optimally, find a game that doesn't require that much theory-crafting.

Edited by Hap-muhr

This game is not really an MMO so making it grindy for really no reason is just stupid. This game was much better in the closed beta/alpha and that is what they used to get money. Then update 7 came and the game changed, and for me it change it for the worse. The players that spent the money to back them with they needed the money should be having much more input on what this game is and going to be then what DE is doing. They are to be making a game for other people not for themselves tho it feels more like that is what they are doing. I am extremely disappointed in this game and backing something that was the a falsification of what DE has change the game into. Maybe if players had more impact at least the ones that backed the game and have access to the design console. But I very much doubt that DE cares about what any player thinks before they implemented and then never really change what some or many players hate. Yes and why should I not feel entitled? I back this game when it was something that I saw was going to be great and they change it without consulting the backers or getting any player feedback about it. Its only thing to just buy a game and not like it, it is an other for a company to ask for money based on something that was good and then completely change it.        

I agree, every update is ruining the experience for me (gameplay-wise). DE is doing amazing work with the added content, practically every weak. But I liked the game before. I basically started to play because I liked few frames and weapons, which got useless after ever-increasing enemy durability. And after spending money on it i feel disappointed.

The game is like a snake, ever so twisting, changing shape. I understand that someone likes it that way, I just do not.

Warframe became frustrating and heavily grind based and will probably turn into Gears'o'War if they add a cover system.

Yea, like the aura systems is better than the artifacts that were in the game. Another thing that didn't needed to be changed.

Actually they are better. Statistically, functionally to the group and to yourself. They're more potent than the previous auras, they now provide your player with bonus mod power - they ARE better all round. Moreover, these (awesome) changes aside, the new aura system did not take anything AWAY from the old system, it only added more positive and beneficial features.

If you want to argue they're not stronger, Rifle Amp. Just Rifle Amp.

Also on the note of polarizations - the previous web system they had implemented before the card system was flawed. In general the warframes were imbalanced because some *cough frost cough* had far more mod slots than other warframes. Now not only is it an even playing field, but you can customize EACH of your frames for a specific loadout that works towards how you like to play that particular frame and have change left over. I fail to see how that is negative, more to the point what I remember of the old system you would kill stuff and hope you got lucky with mods. Eventually you'd get newer and better mods that were level appropriate and replaced out your old mods. This system works in much the same way except there's no trash left over. You upgrade the cards to do the same with no rubbish old mods left over, you just combine away.

On one particular note do I agree though, the game is still fairly grindy - but that has not changed since pre U7. So if you're upset about something that hasn't changed and don't want to look at everything that has, fair enough. I choose to look at it and know that they're working on it, that it will be better in the future. Thus my investment is safe.

Edited by J-Pax

Things established in this thread:

- OP thinks DE doesn't listen at all.

- Community disputes the statement.

- OP says DE listens to the wrong players.

- OP says DE needs to listen less to the wrong players.

Locking this. OP, with all due respect, you may accuse DE of "losing their vision", but you are blindingly flailing about here, to extend the mataphor. Poor show, lad. Poor show.